Love Tuberose (2018)

Love Tuberose information

Year of Launch2018

HouseAmouage

About Love Tuberose

Part of the 'Secret Garden' collection.

Love Tuberose fragrance notes

Reviews of Love Tuberose

Well, did ever a perfume say ‘Welcome to my cloud’ as convincingly as this? The essence of Love Tuberose is that it brings on satisfying fantasies of being rolled and caught up in something as soft as the fluffiest of clouds. This tuberose and jasmine combo – faintly tinged with greens – matches the usual persistence of these flowers with an incredible airy, creamy gentleness. Banish all greasy thoughts of coconut and indoles which make other perfumes featuring tuberose often such a trudge, let go of the dread of perfumed suffocation, and breathe.
Amouage call this a gourmand tuberose, but I disagree – sure, this is as packed with sweetness as a patissier’s larder, but there’s nothing remotely cream cake about it. If anything, Love Tuberose is an olfactory marshmallow, but only in the sense of its air-turned-into-softest-substance quality.
This is probably still not for you if you can’t stand uber-sweet perfumes, but if, like me, you fear the power-mad personalities of white flowers, Love Tuberose displays a welcome lighter, brighter side.
Quite a linear perfume, Love Tuberose does thin out quite a bit after about 3-4 hours wear, at which point a single re-spritz is enough to bring it back up.
18th June, 2019
A sweet, fresh & flowery tuberose, swiftly joined by jasmine in the opening. For the first few moments there's a touch of crispness, before milky lactones appear, turning to coconut cream over the first half-hour. Later on, I distinctly smell lily, & perhaps a little gardenia in the heart. Four hours in, the base of vanilla & sandalwood begins to show itself. The projection is very good for the initial two hours, then it settles closer to the skin, fading out after around twelve hours.
This one definitely reminds me of another perfume, & I think it's closest to Bruno Acampora's Blu, another tuberose with a pretty, gentle & dreamlike quality. There are no in-your-face indoles here, no sharp edges to spoil the scene. If you like your white florals soft & approachable, rather than big & bold, I recommend trying this.
05th April, 2019
I adore tuberose, and I expected to like this one just fine. But Love Tuberose manages to use its gourmand elements of vanilla cream and almond to make the composition airier, which is just the complete opposite of what I expected. The sandalwood in the base also provides a nice foundation without adding too much extra weight. Overall, it's a linear thing but a sheer joy to wear and perfect for any season. In my opinion, the best of the Love series thus far, and the only one that truly lives up to its name. Now, I'm off to save up for a full bottle which I can hopefully afford in another year, give or take. *sigh*
23rd January, 2019
This is a gorgeous perfume.

Love Tuberose is immediately recognisable as Amouage, in that it has that rich, slightly exotic, honeyed spice element.

Whilst, simultaneously, not being that typical of most of their fragrances (or, not the ones I have tried), in that it is fairly simple and what I would describe as a semi (rather than a full) gourmand.

It's part food/drink and part table display - which is, really, far more interesting than being fully one thing, or the other.

The opening is probably best described as a sparkling vanilla cream soda, in a clear crystal vase, holding a bouquet of sweet tuberose (and jasmine and gardenia, to a slightly lesser extent) in it.

The fragrance even has a carbonated feel to it, somehow.

Like the smell of the bubbles, when they go up your nose.

I have smelt this note in other fragrances with sandalwood, so I think it's probably that.

Then, a little later, Love Tuberose becomes slightly more substantial and slightly less effervescent and that cream soda could actually be a delicious vanilla slice.

Again, with sweet tuberose and maybe a sprinkling of, very slightly savoury, slightly spicy, toasted nuts (the cedarwood, I presume?).

Love Tuberose is undeniably sweet.

I hesitate to say that, because so many fragrances are very sweet, now.

However, it's not sweet in an artificial, candyfloss kind of way; but, in a natural, honey/nectar kind of way.

I think that is because these tuberoses are not in bud, they are not in any way green; they are (as the packaging suggests), blushing and in full bloom.

In fact, at one point, probably about an hour in, it's actually a little too sweet for me, for a fleeting moment.

I don't have a hugely sweet tooth and there is a brief moment where I feel slightly overwhelmed by the sheer power of the honey-nectar.

Like when you were a small child and you stuck your nose so far into a giant, greenhouse flower you got yellow nectar all over it...

However, I tend to turn fragrances sourer, so fortunately that overwhelming moment is fairly brief and it goes back to being pretty perfect, again.

In fact, that is who I would recommend Love Tuberose to - people who either like sweet fragrances, or whose body chemistry tends to tone them down a bit.

Also, I would say, as long as all this sounds good to you, Love Tuberose is probably one of the safer ones to blind buy.

As it smells pretty much exactly how you imagine it would, from the brand signature, the price point and the notes described.

An expensive, creamy, honeyed, slightly woody, vanilla tuberose.

I would say sillage is probably moderate to heavy - it's not enormous, but it's also not a skin scent (thankfully).

Longevity is pretty good, too - maybe 6 to 8 hours in terms of the flowers and then anything up to 24+ hours for the enduringly pleasant, high quality (never wood-chippy) vanilla/wood drydown.

To sum up, Love Tuberose is a fairly simple idea, produced in a very luxurious way.

So, while you may think it's been done before (and it probably has), it probably hasn't been done as well as this very often.

At least, not lately.

9.5/10 (.5 off just for the "A little too much nectar!" moment).
18th November, 2018
Shycat Show all reviews
Love Tuberose is one of my happiest blind buys. It's too sweet (in the fabulous top at least) to be for everybody--which makes it good for me.

It opens with a blast of lightly indolic tuberose followed in just about one minute with a soprano sweet jasmine buoyed up by a jet spray of sugar. My first wearing it made me blink a couple times and pull my head back--but now I know what's coming and I wish I could stand under a fountain of the stuff. It really only takes about ten minutes to fall earthward, apparently splashing over a single vanilla pod on the way down, landing in airy rivulets of merging narcotic white to form a thick and cohesive coating.

As it progresses, I appreciate the creamy smoothness. The jasmine relaxes while the tuberose thins. I get a very gently supportive undertone of vanilla. Zero powder. No sense of wood. Not a heavy cream, but perhaps half and half--worth noting here that sugar comes first and alone, with the cream arriving shortly after. I am simultaneously relieved and disappointed. It's over an hour into this fragrance and I only now feel I'm in the heart of it. It maintains some sense I can only describe as adequate oxygen--I never feel suffocated. There is never any sense, at all, of anything clinging to the back of my throat, no sensation of soap. At all.

But it still says tuberose. Clearly. How is this possible?

It's lasting a very long time, maintaining the balanced heart with fainter beats. I regret my need for sleep, to miss the ending. On waking, the skin scent lingering is still a faintly sweet vanilla.

The name has more meaning to me now. I had taken it as an invitation, finally, "to love" tuberose but now I feel it's the closing of a letter--

Dear Shy,

Here is the best version of myself, custom tailored to match your sensibilities. Please forgive all the gagging failures.

Love,

Tuberose
05th October, 2018 (last edited: 06th October, 2018)

Add your review of Love Tuberose

Amouage LOVE TUBEROSE edp travel size spray

End Date: Saturday Apr-25-2020 11:13:36 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $22.00

Member images of Love Tuberose

There are no member images of Love Tuberose yet. Why not be the first?