Love Tuberose (2018)

About Love Tuberose

Love Tuberose is a feminine perfume by Amouage. The scent was launched in 2018

Love Tuberose fragrance notes

Reviews of Love Tuberose

This is a gorgeous perfume.

Love Tuberose is immediately recognisable as Amouage, in that it has that rich, slightly exotic, honeyed spice element.

Whilst, simultaneously, not being that typical of most of their fragrances (or, not the ones I have tried), in that it is fairly simple and what I would describe as a semi (rather than a full) gourmand.

It's part food/drink and part table display - which is, really, far more interesting than being fully one thing, or the other.

The opening is probably best described as a sparkling vanilla cream soda, in a clear crystal vase, holding a bouquet of sweet tuberose (and jasmine and gardenia, to a slightly lesser extent) in it.

The fragrance even has a carbonated feel to it, somehow.

Like the smell of the bubbles, when they go up your nose.

I have smelt this note in other fragrances with sandalwood, so I think it's probably that.

Then, a little later, Love Tuberose becomes slightly more substantial and slightly less effervescent and that cream soda could actually be a delicious vanilla slice.

Again, with sweet tuberose and maybe a sprinkling of, very slightly savoury, slightly spicy, toasted nuts (the cedarwood, I presume?).

Love Tuberose is undeniably sweet.

I hesitate to say that, because so many fragrances are very sweet, now.

However, it's not sweet in an artificial, candyfloss kind of way; but, in a natural, honey/nectar kind of way.

I think that is because these tuberoses are not in bud, they are not in any way green; they are (as the packaging suggests), blushing and in full bloom.

In fact, at one point, probably about an hour in, it's actually a little too sweet for me, for a fleeting moment.

I don't have a hugely sweet tooth and there is a brief moment where I feel slightly overwhelmed by the sheer power of the honey-nectar.

Like when you were a small child and you stuck your nose so far into a giant, greenhouse flower you got yellow nectar all over it...

However, I tend to turn fragrances sourer, so fortunately that overwhelming moment is fairly brief and it goes back to being pretty perfect, again.

In fact, that is who I would recommend Love Tuberose to - people who either like sweet fragrances, or whose body chemistry tends to tone them down a bit.

Also, I would say, as long as all this sounds good to you, Love Tuberose is probably one of the safer ones to blind buy.

As it smells pretty much exactly how you imagine it would, from the brand signature, the price point and the notes described.

An expensive, creamy, honeyed, slightly woody, vanilla tuberose.

I would say sillage is probably moderate to heavy - it's not enormous, but it's also not a skin scent (thankfully).

Longevity is pretty good, too - maybe 6 to 8 hours in terms of the flowers and then anything up to 24+ hours for the enduringly pleasant, high quality (never wood-chippy) vanilla/wood drydown.

To sum up, Love Tuberose is a fairly simple idea, produced in a very luxurious way.

So, while you may think it's been done before (and it probably has), it probably hasn't been done as well as this very often.

At least, not lately.

9.5/10 (.5 off just for the "A little too much nectar!" moment).
18th November, 2018
Shycat Show all reviews
Love Tuberose is one of my happiest blind buys. It's too sweet (in the fabulous top at least) to be for everybody--which makes it good for me.

It opens with a blast of lightly indolic tuberose followed in just about one minute with a soprano sweet jasmine buoyed up by a jet spray of sugar. My first wearing it made me blink a couple times and pull my head back--but now I know what's coming and I wish I could stand under a fountain of the stuff. It really only takes about ten minutes to fall earthward, apparently splashing over a single vanilla pod on the way down, landing in airy rivulets of merging narcotic white to form a thick and cohesive coating.

As it progresses, I appreciate the creamy smoothness. The jasmine relaxes while the tuberose thins. I get a very gently supportive undertone of vanilla. Zero powder. No sense of wood. Not a heavy cream, but perhaps half and half--worth noting here that sugar comes first and alone, with the cream arriving shortly after. I am simultaneously relieved and disappointed. It's over an hour into this fragrance and I only now feel I'm in the heart of it. It maintains some sense I can only describe as adequate oxygen--I never feel suffocated. There is never any sense, at all, of anything clinging to the back of my throat, no sensation of soap. At all.

But it still says tuberose. Clearly. How is this possible?

It's lasting a very long time, maintaining the balanced heart with fainter beats. I regret my need for sleep, to miss the ending. On waking, the skin scent lingering is still a faintly sweet vanilla.

The name has more meaning to me now. I had taken it as an invitation, finally, "to love" tuberose but now I feel it's the closing of a letter--

Dear Shy,

Here is the best version of myself, custom tailored to match your sensibilities. Please forgive all the gagging failures.

Love,

Tuberose
05th October, 2018 (last edited: 06th October, 2018)

Add your review of Love Tuberose

Shop for Love Tuberose products online

Shop for Love Tuberose at online perfumeries

AMOUAGE LOVE TUBEROSE WOMAN EAU DE PARFUM 3.4 OZ /100 ML SPRAY NEW IN SEALED BOX

End Date: Friday Jan-25-2019 15:05:50 PST

3 X Amouage LOVE TUBEROSE Woman Eau de Parfum Vial Spray 2ml New With Card

End Date: Sunday Jan-27-2019 19:18:37 PST
Buy It Now for only: $27.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage woman all samples 2ml(0.07fl.oz), buy 5 get 1 for free, all samples new!

End Date: Monday Jan-28-2019 0:12:48 PST

AMOUAGE LOVE TUBEROSE WOMAN EAU DE PARFUM 2 ML SPRAY NEW SAMPLE

End Date: Wednesday Feb-6-2019 19:53:52 PST
Buy It Now for only: $10.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage LOVE TUBEROSE Woman Eau de Parfum Vial Spray 2ml New With Card. LOT of 2

End Date: Thursday Feb-14-2019 8:28:00 PST
Buy It Now for only: $19.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

LOVE TUBEROSE by Amouage for Women 100 ML, 3.4 fl.oz EDP. NO BOX (T)

End Date: Friday Feb-15-2019 22:25:51 PST
Buy It Now for only: $289.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Amouage Love Tuberose Perfume by Amouage 3.4 oz EDP Spray.New in Sealed Box.

End Date: Saturday Feb-16-2019 11:16:59 PST

2 X Amouage LOVE TUBEROSE Woman Eau de Parfum Vial Spray 2ml New With Card

End Date: Wednesday Feb-20-2019 12:59:22 PST
Buy It Now for only: $22.50

Member images of Love Tuberose

There are no member images of Love Tuberose yet. Why not be the first?