Iris Macchiato (2018)

PerfumerEugene Au
PerfumerEmrys Au

About Iris Macchiato

The company say:

Iris tainted with coffee? Coffee kissed by iris? Since we love the aroma of freshly brewed espresso as well as the wonderful scent of iris, we have been wanting to create a fine fragrance that brings these two almost contradicting scents together. When sweet-cool-earthy iris meets bitter-warm-silky espresso, the result is breathtakingly gorgeous. The coffee note here is realistic enough to remind us of our morning ritual. The iris note that is present throughout the different stages adds elegance and sparkles. Vanilla bean and tonka bean further join the stage to spice up the coffee-iris show. Patchouli, benzoin, sandalwood and musk provide a sweet, creamy, almost dreamy backdrop which enhances the overall performance of the fragrance. Scrumptious and luxurious, a pure bliss in a bottle.

Iris Macchiato fragrance notes

Reviews of Iris Macchiato

Shycat Show all reviews
I've always had a lowest category fragrance I called insta-scrubs. Iris Macchiato gives fresh meaning to that term. I've never experienced a scent that made me inwardly scream "GET IT OFF! GET IT OOOOOOOFFFFFFF!" in its very first second. I was frantic, in full panic mode. I grabbed my manicure bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a cotton ball to wipe at it because my back is hurt and the sink seemed too far away. I went through six well soaked cotton balls and then looked at them lying on my table and thought "I have to rid of these things."

But how? Bury them in the yard? Not with a hurt back and in the dark. Throw them in the kitchen trash? That wouldn't do any good...I'd just have a stinky kitchen. Throw them outside on the deck? Could work, but the smell of putrid meat, blood, and vomit might attract a possum.

I sealed them inside a ziplock freezer bag, and as I type I am wondering...

What am I going to do with this ziplock bag??? Bury it in the back yard? Not with a hurt back...
27th October, 2018
Despite being a caffeine fiend, coffee is not my thing. It makes me nauseous. If an estate agent were to take me to a house smelling of the stuff (a common sales trick, I am told), I’d be inclined to walk right back out the door. But being an Auphorie follower, I felt I couldn’t avoid trying this even if it threatened to be a Sécrétions Magnifique-type experience for me. Maybe the iris would save it, but then No 15, their other perfume supposedly centred around iris hadn’t really delivered on that promise.
Well, after much dithering, there was nothing else to do but press that sprayer…
And sure enough a basso profundo ogre’s-breath coffee top note spewed out – uncompromisingly bitter, caramelized/burnt, deep in the grounds and yet with a certain almost-milky smoothness. This stuff was oceanic and for coffee lovers it is bound to be a head rush. Curiously, much as I dislike coffee, none of the associated nausea was materializing. I was surprised at how mellow and indulgent this was feeling, addictive even, prompting me to go for another spray. Iris Macchiato, while still undoubtedly about the espresso, seemed to get creamier and rounder all the time, and I wondered whether this effect was the result of the benevolent working of the musk.
This was the beginning of a long, slow transition, with first the perfume’s throw getting a temperate chocolate aspect, airborne and light, before increasing abstraction with gentle woody and sweetish tones coming into play. Once again, I felt the iris was proving elusive to my nose until it dawned that this delicate woody sweetness is the Auphorie interpretation of this note.
What can I say? This is an expertly blended perfume. If it can give a coffee hater like me a good ride, that’s saying something about the craft involved here.
21st September, 2018

Add your review of Iris Macchiato

Shop for Iris Macchiato products online

BRAND NEW Auphorie Iris Macchiato 30mL Extrait de parfum AUTHENTIC USA SELLER!!

End Date: Saturday Apr-27-2019 7:58:24 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $209.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Auphorie IRIS MACCHIATO extrait de parfum sample (5 mL) AUTHENTIC USA SELLER!!

End Date: Tuesday May-7-2019 8:46:14 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Iris Macchiato

There are no member images of Iris Macchiato yet. Why not be the first?