Lost Cherry (2018)

About Lost Cherry

Lost Cherry is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2018

Reviews of Lost Cherry

rbaker Show all reviews
Cherries, cherries, cherries galore - that is the opening blast; a rich and sweet explosion of red cherries. Soon they become really boozy, and an underlying undercurrent of bitter almonds And amaretto - darker and a touch more bitter than the Ferrero’s Mon Cherie chocolates.

Then, after about an hour, the cherries truly are “lost” - the opening notes collapse spectacularly, and like the echo of an explosion, the amaretto remains. No other contenders have a chance to develop: the jasmin Sambas as well as a Turkish rose- the latter remaining rather a background feature that does not contribute significantly to the development of this creation.

The base adds a tonka impression that is sweet but not too dominant, at times is has a tobacco notion attached to it, without seeing the two taking the foreground as they do in this house’s Tobacco Vanille. Touches of the Peru Balsam con and go, and a woodsy component developed towards the end - more cedar than sandal, but quite weak on me. Whilst a bit of vetiver shines through rarely, this is a vetiver that is as faints as it is nonspecific.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection overall - from excellent to weak - and and about six hours of longevity on my skin, with the last few hours very close to my skin.

As the name says, the initial cherry is lost very soon. It is somewhat overly synthetic. The subsequent notes are not particularly rich or expressive.
Still, better losing one’s cherries than losing one’s marbles. 2.75/5.
23rd November, 2019
Lost Cherry is a lovely scent, but unfortunately its name is more appropriate than I think they intended. The opening is one big burst of cherry liqueur. Intoxicating, and wearable as a man IMO, albeit pretty sweet. However, that burst of cherry is very quickly lost.

Within an hour it was an amaretto-esque skin scent, which to me wasn't that special compared to other almond scents like Givenchy Pi. The beauty is all in the opening. It's tough to guage the longevity for sure as I usually spray close to the wrist, whereas the SA at Duty Free misted my forearms from a distance. I'd love to have another wearing where I'm in charge of the sprayer, but it was also weaker on paper than others in the line.

It's definitely one of my favourite things I've ever smelled, but the price tag really hurts, especially for one hour of performance. Maybe I'll snag a small decant if I really miss it.
14th September, 2019 (last edited: 15th September, 2019)
Do you want to smell like a cherry? Well if you do and you want Tom Ford to be the brand that enables you to do so, you're going to pay $320 for 50ml of the pleasure. I really wanted to dislike this as I did Fucking Fabulous (2017) and Lavender Extrême (2019), but there is just something a bit fun about Lost Cherry (2018) which makes that impossible. Primarily, the scent is more complex than one might suspect and dries down into tobacco (which is always nice), even if performance is extremely underwhelming. Lost Cherry is a gourmand tobacco scent at heart, with a tacky theme the likes of which only Tom Ford has the gall to market at this price point, but if you decide it's for you, I'd grab one while you can if it isn't already discontinued by the time you see this, because it is a low-volume seasonal exclusive.

Lost Cherry opens with... cherry. I mean come on, what else did you expect me to say? There's a maraschino cherry mixed with a bit of amaretto liqueur thanks to the bitter almond sharing the top. The heart sees some rose and jasmine to make Lost Cherry more "perfumey" than just what otherwise might just smell like snow cone flavoring, but it's the base where things heat up. Tonka and tobacco undoubtedly borrowed from Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille (2007) make a show, and pair up nice with some cedar and sandalwood for a proper base, with the tobacco being the core theme past the first hour. Sadly, this is also a skin scent by then, even if it lasts all day otherwise. I also think Lost Cherry is quite unisex for fans of the note, and something this decadent can only be worn in a romantic or cold weather casual setting. If you have the audacity to spend top coin to drizzle yourself in Tom Ford's cherries, at least have the reserve not to show up at work in it, thanks.

There aren't a ton of perfumes with a cherry tobacco accord at their core, and the only other notable one I can recall is Burberry London for Men (2006), which luckily won't cost an arm and a leg, even if it is less sweet and a good amount spicier. The niche realms house some pretty strange things, especially in the frivolous-to-the-max realm of luxury lines which serve little other purpose but to be status-inferring symbols of indulgence, so I guess there really isn't much more indulgent out there than wanting to smell like a cherry cordial enjoyed with a smoking pipe. Whatever floats your boat, you had better be willing to pay for it, and due to the limited nature of these seasonal Private Collection releases, you'd better cherish that cherry while you have it. As for me, I give this silly overpriced fling a neutral for giving me a laugh, but I can't take it seriously.
05th May, 2019
A sweet boozy cherry tobacco scent with roasted almond/tonka and some woods.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one.
this starts off with a huge dark sweet cherry note which tones down quickly within 5 minutes. i then get some boozy cherry tobacco along with slightly roasted almonds. at this stage it reminds me just a little bit of some of the notes in tobacco vanille. i dont get the rose and jasmin.

After that it gradually gets more woody (cedarwood), more balsamic and less sweet/almondy over the course of 3 hours. by the 4 hour mark the scent is woody with some tonka and vanilla, some remains of the cherry note and just a hint of those spices. lasts 6 plus hours and has moderate projection its not weak at all by any means.
also, its totally unisex.
Overall score 8.2/10
20th April, 2019
I am obsessed with this fragrance. I received it for Christmas and have already purchased a backup for myself, and if it’s confirmed that this is in fact a limited edition I’ll be saving up to purchase a few more... I’ve honestly never smelled anything like this that moved me (or the money in my wallet) so strongly.

The scent is divinely delicious on me. Sweet cherry syrup that lasts for hours before the woody tonka drydown. I get a hint of almonds but they’re toasted and glazed in the cherry sauce, which I would equate more to a sticky syrup than a boozy liquor, but I don’t drink so maybe I’m just ignorant to how that would smell. Regardless this juice is intoxicating and the entire time it’s on my skin I’m in love with how I smell.

The sillage is actually quite impressive but Tom Ford fragrances are always way ahead of the game in performance versus other designer fragrance lines for me. This is no exception and I’m actually shocked to hear that so many people had issues with this scent not lasting long enough or projecting, I’d say this scent almost knocks me out at times it’s just as strong as some of his other scents (I must stress again, on my skin). I never spray this on clothes, only on my skin, so I’m not sure if that would improve anything, because I don’t need to. There’s nothing about this fragrance I would change, except the price.

I highly recommend testing for yourself but I wouldn’t suggest a blind buy even if you’re obsessed with Tom Ford fragrances like me because it’s an awful lot of money to be out of if you’re expectations aren’t met. Mine were exceeded and considering all the negative buzz this scent generated, I was pleasantly surprised.
23rd February, 2019
smells like Amaretto, a bit boozy and sweet, I like Liqueur of cherries, but as a scent, it appears a bit strange.

Performance is very good, but it is more suitable for Cold weather and for outside activities.

09th January, 2019

Add your review of Lost Cherry

Shop for Lost Cherry products online

Shop for Lost Cherry at online perfumeries

Tom Ford Lost Cherry 1.7oz/50ml Authentic And Fast!

End Date: Sunday May-31-2020 19:16:13 PDT

TOM FORD Authentic PRIVATE BLEND Perfumes 5ml Factory Sample Atomizers Unisex

End Date: Monday Jun-1-2020 9:41:21 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $26.93
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford Lost Cherry EDP 2 ml PERFUME SAMPLE!

End Date: Monday Jun-1-2020 10:40:03 PDT

Buy It Now for only: $316.89

End Date: Monday Jun-1-2020 19:01:02 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $316.89
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford LOST CHERRY Perfume Oil *Type Roll On Fragrance Body Oil - NEW!

End Date: Monday Jun-1-2020 22:19:05 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $14.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

TOM FORD LOST CHERRY ORIGINAL Eau De Parfum EDP 6ml 0.20oz DECANT Spray Atomizer

End Date: Tuesday Jun-2-2020 0:42:09 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $36.95

Member images of Lost Cherry

There are no member images of Lost Cherry yet. Why not be the first?