Lost Cherry (2018)

Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Lost Cherry

Lost Cherry is a feminine perfume by Tom Ford. The scent was launched in 2018

Reviews of Lost Cherry

I am obsessed with this fragrance. I received it for Christmas and have already purchased a backup for myself, and if itís confirmed that this is in fact a limited edition Iíll be saving up to purchase a few more... Iíve honestly never smelled anything like this that moved me (or the money in my wallet) so strongly.

The scent is divinely delicious on me. Sweet cherry syrup that lasts for hours before the woody tonka drydown. I get a hint of almonds but theyíre toasted and glazed in the cherry sauce, which I would equate more to a sticky syrup than a boozy liquor, but I donít drink so maybe Iím just ignorant to how that would smell. Regardless this juice is intoxicating and the entire time itís on my skin Iím in love with how I smell.

The sillage is actually quite impressive but Tom Ford fragrances are always way ahead of the game in performance versus other designer fragrance lines for me. This is no exception and Iím actually shocked to hear that so many people had issues with this scent not lasting long enough or projecting, Iíd say this scent almost knocks me out at times itís just as strong as some of his other scents (I must stress again, on my skin). I never spray this on clothes, only on my skin, so Iím not sure if that would improve anything, because I donít need to. Thereís nothing about this fragrance I would change, except the price.

I highly recommend testing for yourself but I wouldnít suggest a blind buy even if youíre obsessed with Tom Ford fragrances like me because itís an awful lot of money to be out of if youíre expectations arenít met. Mine were exceeded and considering all the negative buzz this scent generated, I was pleasantly surprised.
23rd February, 2019
smells like Amaretto, a bit boozy and sweet, I like Liqueur of cherries, but as a scent, it appears a bit strange.

Performance is very good, but it is more suitable for Cold weather and for outside activities.

09th January, 2019
The release of Tom Ford Lost Cherry was almost as well-publicized, and seemingly highly anticipated, as that of Fucking Fabulous in late 2017. In the case of Lost Cherry, the "limited edition" label used in FF was no longer a new feature, and since FF eventually became a mainstay, there was little reason to believe it, but lo and behold, Lost Cherry is only available in 50ml bottles (at the same price of FF, OWI, TOI, and NPF) at $320 for 50ml.

The scent, though, is quite great, and frankly it's at least intuitive in that cherry liqueur is a central note. When combined with tonka and almond, it takes on a sharp, boozy feel, and with peru balsm, rose, and woods, it's creamy and comforting in the dry down. It's really mostly gourmand without being utterly, completely gourmand.

Almond and tonka are fun additives, especially in concert with one another, like they were in FF. Almost natural bedfollows, their sweet-yet-creamy-but-sort-of-powdery tartness makes for a fun counterpoint to the cherry liqueur, held by the glue of the balsam and woods, and ever so slightly hint of rose, barely detectable.

It's important to note that Lost Cherry's cherry is relatively short-lived, the cherry being front-and-center for only an hour or two and being wholly in the background after 6 hours. The fragrance itself lasts somewhat more, not a beast by any means but not as horrible on my skin as some seem to purport it on theirs.

Performance seems to be the main gripe of the fragrance, particularly considering its high pricing, on the higher tier of Tom Ford Private Blend, and it being limited to only 50ml bottle as opposed to flacons that would allow for splits, or even 100ml bottles also, which would be better priced by volume than the 50ml bottles.

Considering performance and pricing issues, the Dua Fragrances alternative of Popped Cherry is particularly appealing in terms of slightly better performance, greater use of cherry, and lower cost, of course, at $65 for 30ml, always discounted further. I find that both Popped Cherry and Lost Cherry have interesting nuances, the former more cherry-intensive and the latter more generally gourmand, particularly in the dry down.

I find Lost Cherry to be a great release, as much as the gimmick of the limited edition, particularly without the availability of flacons (at least for now...a new trick), does start to get bit old, and will undoubtedly test many TF fans, especially with other cherry fragrances out there like Dua's as well as another fresh/sweet/tart realistic cherry fragrance, Hilde Soliani Una Tira L'Altra, which is available on Luckyscent for only $160 for 100ml.

Still, I credit the release for drumming up some interest in cherry as a particular note and gourmands as a general category of fragrances. Presumably more clones that Dua's will follow.

8 out of 10
05th December, 2018
I just tested it at the airport. The opening is much of a candy-like, syrupy cherry, with the bitter almond playing a big part in this. It softens to a powdery tonka with amber-like balsam. Unfortunately, this original gourmand and regressive dries down to a cherry blossom that stays way too close to the skin.
29th November, 2018
Lost Cherry really surprised me. I smelled it over the weekend and was captivated. I sprayed once on my wrist, and kept going back to it the rest of the evening...I went back to Saks the next day and bought a full bottle. It's insanely expensive, but a holiday splurge never hurt anyone, right?

Cherry opens this one in a big way. One of the most realistic notes I've ever smelled in a fragrance, it literally smells like you just opened a jar of high end luxardo cherries. After a few minutes that initial cherry burst goes away and leads to a beautiful almond/cherry/tonka fragrance that leads the rest of the way.

Projection and sillage are both average, longevity has been good for me so far (8+ hours), and I am OK with that. I don't love fragrances that are loud and screamy with projection, and this is a fragrance that leaves a decent sillage trail and can be discovered if someone is close enough. I was really surprised to love this one so much, but on scent alone this has immediately become one of my favorites, and will be a beautiful cold weather/holiday staple of mine.
26th November, 2018

Buy It Now for only: $16.99

Buy It Now for only: $35.99

Buy It Now for only: $3.50
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Tom Ford Lost Cherry Eau De Parfum 5 ml Glass Purse Spray NICHE! NEWEST SCENT!

End Date: Sunday Apr-21-2019 10:58:05 PDT

Buy It Now for only: $29.99

Buy It Now for only: $39.99

Buy It Now for only: $69.99

Member images of Lost Cherry

There are no member images of Lost Cherry yet. Why not be the first?