Chypré Extraordinaire (2018)

Chypré Extraordinaire information

Year of Launch2018

HouseRoja Dove

About Chypré Extraordinaire

Chypré Extraordinaire is a shared / unisex perfume by Roja Dove. The scent was launched in 2018

Reviews of Chypré Extraordinaire

Chypré Extraordinaire really is over the top - opulent, effusive, expensive, its personality is a fog of the gilded and grand. I guess the intent is to pull out all the stops. But that doesn’t guarantee wearability, which it isn’t on me. For all the feeling of no expenses spared, I hate to say it doesn’t have a sense of style or sophistication. Ouch, that’s being mean I guess, but the price on this makes me feel kind of mean. I have to wade through a lot of effusive new-chypreness with it. Which isn’t what I’m looking for. To bypass my prejudice, I asked myself if I would buy it if it were reasonably priced. Even then, I’m not sure I would.
I’m a chypre person and by that I mean old-style chypre, and by that I mean oakmoss. I miss it so much. It does away with the fluff you see here and in so many ‘new chypres’. It’s loss is incalculable and the reason I almost gave up fragrances. The void it left hasn’t really been filled yet, but I have hopes its loss will spur some new intelligent, sensual basenotes to fill its place, perhaps the new ‘cleaned-up’ oakmoss. For me oakmoss was just so intelligent and edgy and satisfied so many dark needs. It has a sensuality musk, wood and the new synthetic animalics don’t possess. There were few more intelligent notes.
So that’s one thing lacking in this grand, opulent chypre - intelligence. I feel that lack wearing it, as I do light inconsequential fragrances. This isn’t a young-versus-old determination. Chypre Extraordinaire has some delicious notes, some sweet memory-filled resonances, but little discretion and little edge.
On the plus side, its showy character would suit a large effusive personality. It has good quality materials - they feel authentic. It has only moderate aldehydes, so it isn’t a rude fragrance, just large, bordering on bombastic. Its drydown is long-lasting, a plus during a time of disappearing drydowns. So I can’t give it a thumbs-down - it has several nice qualities, and is delicious. But its worst quality is its price and that it reminds me of what I miss.
04th March, 2019 (last edited: 15th March, 2019)
Truly beautiful chypré experience that is a way-back machine to bold ladies' perfumes past. Chypré Extraordinaire delivers quite a punch, having the requisite notes that make a basic chypré - bergamot, labdanum, oakmoss, and patchouli - plus a LOT of support from several floral, citrus, spice, resinous, and sweet notes plus animalic civet and musk.

This one leans heavily in the feminine direction. And it is priced RIDICULOUSLY high! Can't say that this one is worth that much, IMO; as delectable and sensuous a journey as it is for the wearer and beholder alike, when even a decant of this one would set you back too much, I'd say stick to a sample spritz at a boutique near you!
01st January, 2019

Buy It Now for only: $17.99

Buy It Now for only: $25.99

Buy It Now for only: $31.99

Member images of Chypré Extraordinaire

There are no member images of Chypré Extraordinaire yet. Why not be the first?