Le Canotier (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Le Canotier

Le Canotier is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Reviews of Le Canotier

Kotori Show all reviews

Melon Vetiver. A lot of very sweet melon. A little bit of dry Vetiver. Citrus. Sandalwood? Tobacco. Otherwise herbaceous. I’m not sure what to make of this one. Kind of reminds me of Kenneth Cole Signature, With oakmoss. Mr. Kotori likes it. I think it’s giving me a headache. But either way, I keep picturing a business man in a trench and hat.
06th February, 2019
Smells very nice from start to finish, possibly leaning feminine throughout it's development, but the violet and ambergris gives Le Canotier a refined feel and familiarity with many masculine scents that I love, so it's a thumbs up for me. I really enjoyed smelling this throughout the day jumping off my skin. It still might be better smelled on my wife with it's fruity, sweet jasmine but I don't have an issue wearing it.

Good performance all the way around. Not a screamer in projection but is easily detectable. Longevity is very good, 8-9 hours on my skin.
20th January, 2019
Two notes stand out to me in Le Canotier: Tabacco and Vetiver. The opening is a bit bright thanks to the citrus note which quickly recedes into the background. Soon the tobacco and violet leaf emerged providing a bright spicy accord fused with some lushes green feel to it. The tobacco resembles the one of Creed Tabarome Millesime. It’s quite potent and becomes a bit polarizing after a while. The tobacco does taper a little but sticks around. The base is met by vetiver which is of the drier and darker kind. A little bit of ambergris can be detected as well, something common in many Creeds. The drydown I felt was a wrestle between the tobacco and vetiver notes. This one has long lasting longevity.

Overall, this one does not appeal to me much. This one reminds of Tabarome Millesime, which is a Creed that I do not enjoy, and this is one that I can’t wear. It also felt a bit more modern compared to the others. Most importantly the tobacco combined with the violet leaf, (and moss?) is something I can’t get passed. I enjoy vetiver scents but the other notes just make this impossible to enjoy. The quality is definitely there and this one does stand out but just not for me.
13th January, 2019