Mousse Illuminee (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Mousse Illuminee

Mousse Illuminee is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Reviews of Mousse Illuminee

This was a difficult wear for me. Mousse Illuminee projects like a nuclear winter. It is so potent that I had a metallic taste in my mouth while wearing it. I disagree that this is anything like vintage Polo green which I've worn for 36 years. Polo is much more a blend of notes and much less sharp. I can smell the pine, the oakmoss, the tobacco and the leather as Polo develops whereas MI burned through me like a torch from the moment of application. The overall vibe of Mousse Illuminee reminds me much more of Esencia by Loewe but turned up from about 8 for Esencia to 100 for Mousse Illuminee. There is a sharpness here that was painful to my senses so I know that I'm going to have to go extremely light on the sprays next time I wear it, or perhaps I should say, "spray" because I don't think there's any need for me to wear more than one spray the next time around. I believe it's the oakmoss that is so potent and it almost feels like it's been mixed with some juniper berry (although not listed in the notes), for good measure to increase the sharpness. The soapy aspect is also big and loud and projects throughout the wear as well. I respect the use of the natural materials and need to adjust my normal usage so I don't overdose my senses next time I apply. Neutral for now until I figure out how to wear this one without hurting myself. LOL...
19th February, 2019
Now this is something else. When I was a young lad my mother would buy us a bar of soap on a rope every year for Christmas. One year I hung a bar on my wall and used it for target practice with a blowdart gun. Little pieces would fall off all the time. It hung in that room for over 10 years. This smells exactly like that soap. I remember these smells deep in my brain somewhere.

Sweet moss with a stripe of pine. To be honest I have a hard time breaking this one down. It is blended well so that the scent seems to be one. Strength is beastly. Longevity is forever. Smells more natural than anything I have smelled in a long time. This is a HARD thumbs up for me. The quality is off the charts. I would recommend this to anyone who is in to fragrances.
06th February, 2019
Kotori Show all reviews
The opening reminds me of, I think, Swing by Fragonard. You have the leather note I know from Azuree by Estée Lauder, a dry cracking leather accord, similar to Bandit but without the sinew. There is also some amber and spice, as well as... is this oakmoss? Oakmoss!!! It settles down to some leather and powder. Later on there is a bright apricot heart that surprises. Then a subtle jasmine combined with some herbaceous notes. Eventually I smell no leather, but plenty of moss and jasmine. Rich, full, velvety.
06th February, 2019
Strong opening with plenty of modern-sweetened pine. Polo green is what first comes to mind but amped up and modernized. Later into the drydown, the pine fades and lets some of the clean laundry smell come through. It's a good compliment-getting candidate because it's strong and projects, comes off very masculine and also has the ever-popular sweet/clean aspects to it.

I'd guess this is best for everything except high heat, just due to the strong projection. Otherwise, this seems to be very versatile.

Strong projection and good longevity, lasting into the 7-8 hour range.

15th January, 2019
I would definitely categorize Mousse Illuminee as a power house scent and the most potent of the entire collection.

In the opening I detected strong whiffs of fresh pine leaves. Cypress and laurel leaves began to emerge adding to the scent’s bitterness giving Mousse Illuminee a resinous feel which lingered for a long time. Tree moss, wood notes, and musk were present at the base.

As some have already suggested, I too could imagine myself in a forest. The fresh odors of tree sap, the smell pine trees, and aroma of moss in the surrounding all in a cold damp environment.

While it was a good scent overall, this is one that I would have a difficult time wearing.
13th January, 2019
Just amazing!!

One of the very best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of sampling (now owning).

Being Non-IFRA compliant you are getting the real deal here. Full of depth and character. The longevity is off the charts. The younger members of this forum would do well to sample this one just so they know how things used to be.

This is a very hard fragrance to describe. It floats into a few genres. It's definitely a green floral but has some spice, sweetness and freshness. If you were to combine Green Irish Tweed with vintage Polo you would be somewhere in the ball park. Maybe with some added sweetness. I also detect some soapy elements. Very masculine and bordering on powerhouse. Massive projection and sillage. What a little gem!!!
01st December, 2018 (last edited: 27th December, 2018)

Add your review of Mousse Illuminee