Mousse Illuminee (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Mousse Illuminee

Mousse Illuminee is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Reviews of Mousse Illuminee

Strong opening with plenty of modern-sweetened pine. Polo green is what first comes to mind but amped up and modernized. Later into the drydown, the pine fades and lets some of the clean laundry smell come through. It's a good compliment-getting candidate because it's strong and projects, comes off very masculine and also has the ever-popular sweet/clean aspects to it.

I'd guess this is best for everything except high heat, just due to the strong projection. Otherwise, this seems to be very versatile.

Strong projection and good longevity, lasting into the 7-8 hour range.

15th January, 2019
I would definitely categorize Mousse Illuminee as a power house scent and the most potent of the entire collection.

In the opening I detected strong whiffs of fresh pine leaves. Cypress and laurel leaves began to emerge adding to the scent’s bitterness giving Mousse Illuminee a resinous feel which lingered for a long time. Tree moss, wood notes, and musk were present at the base.

As some have already suggested, I too could imagine myself in a forest. The fresh odors of tree sap, the smell pine trees, and aroma of moss in the surrounding all in a cold damp environment.

While it was a good scent overall, this is one that I would have a difficult time wearing.
13th January, 2019
Just amazing!!

One of the very best fragrances I have ever had the pleasure of sampling (now owning).

Being Non-IFRA compliant you are getting the real deal here. Full of depth and character. The longevity is off the charts. The younger members of this forum would do well to sample this one just so they know how things used to be.

This is a very hard fragrance to describe. It floats into a few genres. It's definitely a green floral but has some spice, sweetness and freshness. If you were to combine Green Irish Tweed with vintage Polo you would be somewhere in the ball park. Maybe with some added sweetness. I also detect some soapy elements. Very masculine and bordering on powerhouse. Massive projection and sillage. What a little gem!!!
01st December, 2018 (last edited: 27th December, 2018)
A few weeks back I was in search of a good solid classic fragrance with oodles of oakmoss in the style of those great Fougères and Chypres of the 80s but with a scent emphasis specifically on moss. Most of all I wanted something that had continued to develop creatively from the 80s down an imagined path of an unregulated fragrance industry and so would feel like a full-fat classic with a modern twist.

All Rogue Perfumery fragrance releases to date are Non-IFRA compliant so are as full-fat as you can get. Mousse Illuminee was all about a sweet resinous moss (in this instance treemoss). It was exactly what I had been searching for, so much so I was speechless for a good twelve minutes whilst I was in heaven and my mind was trying to deconstruct this magical scent.

How would I describe it? Imagine going for a walk on a clear night, through a green damp forest but with a silvery luminosity provided by a full moon overhead. That combined with the earthy scent of fallen logs and the foliage underfoot. Sweet, spicy and slightly floral with a herbal and resinous undertone I just couldn’t get enough of it. Rich frankincense and something akin to bay added to the already ethereal aroma to join this mystical moss.

Two sprays will last the day, project plenty and easily fill a room.

Rarely does something click so completely and I was so completely bowled over by it I bought Mousse Illuminee immediately after smelling it for the first time from a sample....I should have bought more. This is not only full bottle worthy but could effortlessly become someones signature scent. Absolutely stunning.
Bravo Rogue Perfumery, Bravo Manuel.
27th November, 2018