Chypre-Siam (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Chypre-Siam

Chypre-Siam is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Reviews of Chypre-Siam

Kotori Show all reviews
Caveat: what I’m smelling here is not matching the pyramid for the most part:

Gorgeous! Violets and labdanum and Iris. I think we have moss in this, too! I’m so excited. Later I think there is Eugenol and we have this soft spiciness that reminds me of Pour Monsieur EDP. It settles to sort of a love child of Misia and Mitsouko for awhile. Later candied violets dominate with some woody undertones. Then jasmine. The drydown is smooth and lovely and well-blended, and gives modern classics like 31 Rue Cambon a run for their money.
06th February, 2019
Soft, powdery and feminine with a waxy, candy fruit opening. The drydown loses the fruit and then actually reminds me of the smell of new tissues in the box.

Projection is average.
26th January, 2019
A very dated scent. First thing that came to mind was Coty Chypre. It also made me think about Guerlain Mitsouko although I’ve never smelled an earlier formulation of it.

The opening consisted of a zesty fresh basil note with a little bit of lime that made the scent initially aromatic. The heart introduced a subtle amount of florals, I was able to detect the jasmine here. Finally, the oakmoss emerged supported by sandalwood and a little bit of leather. The drydown was extremely mossy, dry, and green.

A very elegant and refined scent, one that I do enjoy a lot. For someone who enjoys vintage fragrances particularly chypre based scents this is one to try.
13th January, 2019