Tabac Vert (2018)

Year of Launch2018

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Tabac Vert

Tabac Vert is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2018 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Tabac Vert fragrance notes

Reviews of Tabac Vert

The initial blast I get is akin to paint thinner. But this blast is short lived (say 90 seconds) to an acrid tobacco leaf. Over the next hour the tobacco cedes to the cedar, and both mingle closely while not joining together in an accord. About an hour and a half in it reads to me as a dusty cedar. Elegant.

I get the wood paneled cigar room motif mentioned. Its close, but to me it smells like a wood paneled study in a rich old house. The same décor and ambiance, but there has not been anything smoked in this room except maybe a nightly pipe in a long time. Nothing ashy or burnt, just many leather bound books on the wall and assorted trinkets from a life well-lived.
I enjoyed this more each time I smelled/sampled/wore it.
I saw someone mention a makeup bag, or powdered makeup. This is one of those things that if I think about it while I smell this, they do smell similar. But if I am not thinking about it, it doesn't draw that to my mind.
06th February, 2019
Kotori Show all reviews
With a name like Tabac Vert, I expect a plant still in the ground, not this delicious pipe tobacco in a paneled man cave. Rich, sweet, with amber and maybe sandalwood. There is also a powdery underbelly that suggests face powder. The waft is rather fruity. As it dries down, there is less tabac and more face powder. For some reason the whole experience makes me think of sitting in a speakeasy; makes me feel rich and famous, going incognito.
06th February, 2019
I've heard other people say that iris-based scents have a "makeup bag" smell. I think what they mean is lipstick because Tabac Vert actually smells exactly like opening up makeup bags that I've smelled, specifically the powdery foundation that gets everywhere. When the final stage of drydown happens 10+ hours later, it smells more like a classic masculine scent from the 60s or 70s.

Not strong projection but it is ever-present and persistent.
18th January, 2019
This one has been suggested to have similarities to Creed Vintage Tabarome which is my favorite Creed. These are my thoughts.

For the first few minutes the opening was bright and invigorating, this I believe is the bergamot note. The opening of Tabac Vert I would say is the closet in resemblance to VT. The tobacco and pepper starts to emerge giving it a darker and dry feel. In addition, the mossy accord begins to take effect thanks to richness of the oakmoss present in the scent. The similarities are definitely there between the two scents. I do feel that TV is a bit more modernized than VT not exactly the same but it’s not far from it. I think if the average nose were to compare the two s/he wouldn’t be able distinguish the differences. The base contains wood notes provided by the sandalwood and cedar. The oakmoss never goes away in the drydown but becomes more subtle. A prominent tobacco based scent that really connects with the old world of fragrances. Wearing this I imagine myself in either two different places: a gentlemen’s club or at a barbershop.

For those who have never smelled Creed Vintage Tabarome or can’t afford it, Tabac Vert would be a great affordable alternative. Nothing will beat VT but this is probably the closet resemblance that I’ve smelled of it. I could see myself wearing this as a cheaper alternative to VT.
13th January, 2019
Aromatic leaves of tobacco warmed over a bed of dry cedar and resinous oakmoss. Tabac Vert eschews the conventionally heavier vanillic accoutrements in favor of a lighter brighter approach, resulting in an elegantly fresh woody chypre.

If Vintage Tabarome reminds one of wood-panelled cigar rooms in men-only clubs then Tabac Vert takes you elsewhere to a private bar with a cigarette on your lips and a glass of Old Fashioned in your hand.

04th December, 2018