Spicebomb Night Vision (2019)
by Viktor & Rolf

PerfumerPierre Negrin
SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Spicebomb Night Vision

Spicebomb Night Vision is a masculine fragrance by Viktor & Rolf. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Pierre Negrin and Nathalie Lorson

Reviews of Spicebomb Night Vision

A generic version of almost half of the fragrances that you find in stores. Has that 1 Million vibe. This doesn't smell like the original (don't know if that's a good or bad thing), but it will probably satisfy the masses. As non-original as they come, so I will give it a neutral. 6.5/10
31st December, 2019
Nightvision is a fresh tonka-lavender fragrance for men with that sort of modern-but-played-out shower-gel feel compressed into what altogether feels like a very blended, singular accord with little separation among its notes and a mostly linear, predictable progression. The tonka and lavender combine to give it an aromatic, sweet, powdered feel and a very abstract green apple lends just a bit of that shower gel freshness I alluded to before. To this end it’s a competent fragrance. It executes this style well without any glaring missteps or out of balance proportions. And although it obviously and certainly smells synthetic, it manages to avoid smelling harsh or chemical for the most part as well. It’s even pleasant at times. I’ve always thought that fragrances of this variety smell best when sniffed briefly, and from a few feet away, so say on someone who’s quickly passing by you on a city street, or someone edging past you in a crowded theater. It smells perfectly fine in that sense. The problem is, I can think of a lot fragrances that smell similar, even three that I’ve just smelled in the past couple of weeks: Armani Stronger With You, Pepe Jeans for Him, and Diesel Fuel for Life. And if I actually took the time to think about it, I could name many more. Even if these fragrances do not smell exactly the same, they’re similar enough—and they all leave the same impression—partially fresh, partially oriental, synthetically contemporary olfactive white noise. It’s the type of scent that makes you shrug your shoulders with an unenthused, “meh.”

On the positive side, Nightvision does one thing pretty well, and that’s that it keeps its tonka-lavender buzz on the fresh, uplifting side by not overloading the sweetness and keeping it afloat with a light, though somewhat vague green apple note and an appealing, though equally vague almond. These two additions to the whole give Nightvision some necessary levity (the green apple) and just a hint of something aromatically interesting (the almond) Most importantly, they keep the fragrance on the proper plane, making it something that can be worn easily without becoming cloying or dragging one down into a sticky, tonka laden swamp as occurs in fragrances such as Allure Homme Eau Extreme and Azzaro Chrome Pure.

Projection is about average, to maybe slightly above, which I don’t mind, as these kinds of scents can be particularly obnoxious when they’re too strong. Still, those looking for more of a “beast mode” fragrance will feel let down by this, and that tends to be the audience that’s generally attracted to these types of fragrances in the first place. So while I appreciate its restraint, I can also see it as a fault rather than an attribute. Longevity is about 8 hours. Night Vision feels like a daily wear type of fragrance or casual evening wear. I have a few sprays of it on my arm and I happen to be headed to the gym. I’m not embarrassed to be wearing it. A few people will probably pass by and think something smells nice. But no one will be surprised by it, and I’m sure I’ll catch a few tired eye rolls as well. Final rating: 7/10, which is on the high side of "neutral" due to the fact that it doesn't necessarily do anything wrong. Still this one is just too boring and unimaginative to warrant a thumbs up.

SIDE NOTE: This doesn't smell like a Spicebomb flanker to me at all. It doesn't resemble the original in anyway. That signature Spicebomb cinnamon/pink pepper accord is missing and so is the rest of it. Somebody told me they heard Night Vision is supposed to be like Spicebomb with a green apple note. That may have been interesting, or at the least, likable. But the "green apple" note here is very abstract (I would never get "green apple" from this myself) as is any connection to Spicebomb.

EDIT: One more point: You'll notice throughout the reviews for Nightvision that it gets compared to many fragrances, from Invictus to La Nuit to Polo Red and Fuel for Life and Stronger With You. That's because, as mentioned above, Nightvision has a very generic smell. It more or less epitomizes the fresh-sweet aromatic oriental variety that has become so popular for men and has occupied the shelves of malls and department stores for the past 10 or 15 years. While it doesn't smell exactly like any of the fragrances mentioned, it surely smells a little bit like all of them.

12th August, 2019
Cash grab.
There was some effort in there, but it really comes across as a melange of all the stereotypical jus released for men since 2012.
Ok, so many many houses are guilty of exactly the same. But...the crime here is how bad a flanker this is compared to the original Spicebomb.
But a closer look (sniff) at the original itself reveals it was simply a vanillaic oriental married to the hotest sellers of the previous year, namely Dior Homme and YSL L'Homme. It was a mild hit.
Night Vision is not quite. Impossible to distinguish it from the sea of clones out there at the moment.
05th August, 2019
This is my very first review and I feel passionately about sharing this not just because of the lengthy and angry negative review already posted by another user but because I genuinely love the fragrance.

First off I am not one of those connoisseurs who can take a fragrance completely apart and tell you about grapefruit, ambergris, etc. But I can share my perspectives on a fragrance without that. Right now my favorite fragrances are Creed Viking and Aventus, Spicebomb Fraiche, and now it's this: Spicebomb Night Vision.

For me it's an entirely new fragrance. The Spicebomb DNA is there for sure but only slightly. After that all I can say is that I absolutely love it. It's somewhat fresh, slightly spicy, and very masculine.

This is the furthest thing from a club fragrance. This is one of those mature fragrances where I can't see guys younger than 30 really getting away with wearing.

Definitely office safe, light enough for summer, spicy enough for any time.

My only complaint is that it doesn't last very long at all. It turns into a skin fragrance within 1-2 hours but it is an eau de toilette so I guess that's somewhat expected but it is disappointing.

Sillage is friendly and not strong.

For me the dry down doesn't change very much when sprayed on the neck. On the wrist however it does dry down somewhat powdery so I avoid that.

I got nothing else. I love it, I'll be purchasing a larger bottle and I hope you enjoy my first review and hope you enjoy the fragrance.
30th May, 2019
It doesn't feel anymore "get it out by Friday" than this folks. I don't really know what to say without turning this review into a string of jokes at Viktor & Rolf's expense, but I imagine that is what most people not entirely brainwashed by marketing will do if they get a sniff of this blind. Here we have a flanker that really isn't one, since it has nothing to do with the original Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb (2012), but that is nothing out of the ordinary in the 21st century since several mainstream perfume houses have long since abandoned new pillars in favor of reusing what "sells" by making endless flankers of a successful line. Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision (2019) goes way beyond that though, delivering magically only 90ml instead of 100ml in the same size and shape bottle as the original for the same price, and delivering a scent that is the olfactive equivalent of what we called a "suicide" as kids: going to a soda fountain and mixing all the flavors into one cup and drinking it all together. The commercial admittedly shows a rather attractive nude man being peeped on through night vision goggles from an adjacent window (which is not something I recommend doing unless you fancy a jail cell), but this marketing doesn't even really speak to what is inside the bottle. Shameful...

For starters, Viktor & Rolf are so desperate to send home the "green" theme of the packaging and commercial that they are sticking the word "green" onto notes frivolously. Green cardamom? What's that? Green mandarin? Isn't that just an unripe orange? Come on guys. Nathalie Lorson is a good perfumer, and so is Pierre Negrin, but they must have just done "as they were instructed" here with this, because there doesn't seem to be any real creative input in this scent beyond following the brief as instructed, as if they were micromanaged. The opening is rounded sweet cardamom spice, the only real link to the original Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb, and the orange really isn't there as listed. I also don't get much "granny smith apple", nor really any apple at all, but the grapefruit comes through. Following this, it's a mush of synthetics that I cannot identify, but I get sage, geranium, bits of nutmeg, and some pink pepper that is also called "green" for no reason. The base is syrupy tonka bomb territory loaded with ambroxan and norlimbanol. There is "roasted almond" listed but again, I don't get it. I think there is some serious Firmenich chemical wizardry here, and if this is green like anything, it's Frankenstein's monster. Sillage is hefty, and you will asphyxiate anyone in the room with your "green" cloud once you leave, although longevity falls off quick, which is a secret blessing in disguise. Definitely a clubber juice, I can still think of better ways to get your party on than Spicebomb Night Vision.

If this scent fills a niche in Viktor & Rolf's lineup, it is the "sweet fruity club bomb", but by trying to be both a tonka bomb and ambroxan bomb at the same time, while also having synthetic gourmand and oriental notes to boot, this crosses too many streams to be anything other than a hot mess in a bottle. Bits of youthful fruit and mature spice, dry woods and office-safe synthetic ambergris with club-friendly tonka and enough sugar to send me into a coma, this ticks off every box on the check list of how to make a modern mall fragrance that people will love for five seconds then love to forget once they realize it isn't going away. There are a lot of modern synthetic mass-appeal scents that I like, or at least find tasteful or well-made in spite of their paint-by-numbers focus group design, but Viktor & Rolf is so insultingly facetious, vulgar, and ambiguous in intent, that it feels creepy like the peeping Tom using the night vision goggles in the accompanying television ads for the stuff. Rather than say to stay away, I'll just say go have a cautious sniff of this at your nearest department store, or likely nearest night club, as I'm sure the liquid equivalent of Herbert the Pervert will be making the rounds there soon enough. If Viktor & Rolf is going to make any more such fragrances on creative autopilot, they should at very least strive to make them inoffensive like many of the forgettable male scents from the 90's. Thumbs way down.
08th April, 2019
Smells like AdG Absolu, YSL Y EdT which are both nice but nothing great. Not like Spicebomb, not green smelling and not something I'd think of for nighttime. Feels more like a daytime casual scent. The marketing doesn't line up for me but it's not the worst thing I've smelled. The drydown is a scratchy vanilla.

Performance is below average. Doesn't project much for me and becomes a skin scent quickly.
06th March, 2019

$80.00 (0 Bids)
End Date: Monday Mar-30-2020 13:10:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $105.00
Buy It Now | Bid now | Add to watch list

Spicebomb Night Vision Eau De Toilette Spray By Viktor & Rolf 3 oz-FREE SHIPPING

End Date: Tuesday Mar-31-2020 22:54:01 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $129.33
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

2 Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision Eau de Toilette Pour Homme .04oz/1.2ml ea

End Date: Wednesday Apr-1-2020 11:44:35 PDT

Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Night Vision Cologne For Men 3.04 oz 90 ml

$34.99 (1 Bid)
End Date: Thursday Apr-2-2020 13:53:52 PDT
Bid now | Add to watch list

SpiceBomb Night Vision By Viktor and Rolf Pour Homme Eau De Toilette 3.04 Oz NEW

End Date: Thursday Apr-2-2020 15:05:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $108.99

Buy It Now for only: $105.44

Buy It Now for only: $105.44

Buy It Now for only: $129.87
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Viktor&Rolf SPICEBOMB Night Vision NEW!!! Eau de Toilette sample 1.2ml/.04oz. X2

End Date: Friday Apr-3-2020 11:08:58 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $8.79

Spicebomb Night Vision by Viktor & Rolf 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

End Date: Saturday Apr-4-2020 9:35:30 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $74.95

Member images of Spicebomb Night Vision

There are no member images of Spicebomb Night Vision yet. Why not be the first?