Ma Nishtana (2019)

HouseParfum Prissana
PerfumerPrin Lomros

About Ma Nishtana

The company says:

Ma Nishtana are the first two words in a phrase meaning "Why is tonight different from all other nights?" Based from stories and lyrics from Had Gadya (Chava Alberstein version), the creation builds around incense, spices, smoke, and sacred woods represent sacred incense and a Middle East vibe.

Reviews of Ma Nishtana

Ma Nishtana is probably the easiest and most immediately likeable perfume in either the Prissana or Strangers Parfumerie line. A judiciously-spiced church incense scent, Ma Nishtana splits the difference between the soapy, aldehyded, Coca-Cola-ish airiness of Cardinal/Avignon and the warmer, breadier, more caramelic-ambery thickness of Contre Bombarde 32 by SAUF or Samharam by Arte Profumi. The drydown drones on a bit, thanks to an application of the dreaded Norlimbanol, but even as a No-Limbs-Left-At-All-hater I have to admit that it’s applied with an unusually subtle touch here.

I don’t know that Ma Nishtana distinguishes itself so much from the stalwarts of this rather cramped incense genre to be worth the price, but of course, this is a deeply personal thing. The most innovative or unusual thing about Ma Nishtana is really that faint whiff of armpitty cumin or turmeric that’s half under-proved doughnut and half curry-sweat, but if you own either Grimoire by Anatole LeBreton or Al Oudh by L’Artisan Parfumeur, I think you’re covered. Ma Nishtana is very nice, very good – but not entirely necessary, at least in my opinion.
02nd April, 2020
Take, the very good ISOe Frankincense superbomb Cardinal. Add a Saffron touched Kerleo-esque bouquet Sandalwood based creaminess lightly boosted with a touch of ISOe cedar.
The result is rather ethereal and Meditative that renders the Heeley rather linear and stark.
13th December, 2019
This is not cold churchy incense. It starts out the same with the Frankincense and Myrhh and then becomes warm, inviting, smoky, spicy with a slight sweet amberyness. It's not my style but I have to admit it's good, very good.
16th October, 2019
I have found my holy-grail incense fragrance in Ma Nishtana. It does not smell like the airy Catholic-church incense of Avignon or Cardinal. It is like being immersed in a thick cloud of smoky incense in a humid temple where the stuff has been burning without pause for years. With the smoke comes waves of oriental spices and thick amber. Brilliant creation. This projects well and lasts for a long time. It transports me in a way that only a few other fragrances I have encountered on my journey do. Very spiritual. 10/10.
22nd September, 2019

Add your review of Ma Nishtana

Shop for Ma Nishtana products online

Member images of Ma Nishtana

There are no member images of Ma Nishtana yet. Why not be the first?