Fougère L'Aube (2019)

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Fougère L'Aube

The company says:

I built the initial base structure of Fougere L’Aube as a classic 1930s fragrance which yielded a cozy, classic scent. It was reminiscent of the men’s colognes and aftershaves I smelled as a child; very nostalgic, very familiar. I then took this base formula and accentuated it with a few modern aroma chems and the fragrance was completely transformed into a super-fresh late 1980s style fougere. It’s a bit of a projection monster. Fougere L’Aube opens promptly with bright lavender and citrus notes, backed with bitter green galbanum. What I find interesting is that although a large portion of the fragrance is built on rose and sandalwood, what I perceive is not an attar-like note in the middle but rather it melds into the ‘fougere effect’ through and through. From what you see in the color of the juice, I used a rather large percentage of naturals; a few of which include: lavender absolute and essential oil, real Indian sandalwood (santalum album), Moroccan rose absolute, pure cold-pressed bergamot, petitgrain bigarade coeur from Robertet and oakmoss absolute.

Reviews of Fougère L'Aube

A very enjoyable and uplifting gentleman's scent , I get a green frosted field with the sun warming the ground and causing dew and steam, I also get a melon vibe or honey dew melon to be precise, which I think is being caused by the rose and tricking my nose. The fragrance reminds me of green Irish tweed in many ways and a bit of millisime imperial thrown in. I don't find this fragrance dated in any way and is a very versatile all season all occasion type, a very good alternative to the above fragrances.
19th January, 2020
Generally, as a rule, I'm not usually a big fan of fougere type scents. But...
This, is good. Traditional. Intense. Lavender note is perfection here. Old-school greenery. Stems. Crushed leaves. Slightly honeyed hay (or even seasonal straw reaping). Son of a bitch! This, is good! Clean and clear. Freshness, to the nth degree. This one has me reeling. The hay keeps it real with, an added camphor that inspires. Costus blasts its way into the mix, with an herbal integrity. More flavor later with a hard-candy vibe.
Marvelous mix of notes overall. Unisex? Absolutely! Garden floral, amber-ish, mossy, clean green, slightly woody without appearing fake. I am running out of praise for this one.
Lots more costus later. A very happy, joyous uplifting fragrance. It deserves an award.

Sweet grass flavor later, makes me smile and swoon.
03rd September, 2019
This smells to me like a very traditional "masculine fougere", with a fresh, almost sharp opening of green citrus, galbanum & mint. It's clean, green & soapy, as others have noted. It's very radiant on my skin for the first couple of hours, then the citrus recedes a little & I get a herbal, leathery feel before the lavender comes through. I don't get rose or costus from this at all. Later on it warms up with a base of moss & spice, & six hours in as it's faded close to the skin, I could swear I smell coconut. The citrus is still detectable though, & it retains the element of freshness all the way through. There are still traces of this on my skin sixteen hours after application.
I've never smelled Green Irish Tweed, therefore I cannot make a comparison here as others have, but this one does remind me a little of Cacharel pour L'Homme, which my ex-husband wore back in the nineties. For that reason it's not something I could wear, but I think it is very well done, & lacks the harshness that many in this genre seem to convey. Nice work.
19th June, 2019
So when I first got a whiff of this one I was thinking to myself "I've smelt this before"??. I couldn't put my finger on it but it really reminded me of something. Then it hit me. This is a citrus version of Green Irish Tweed. That may sound strange but it really works. Doesn't quite have the staying power of some of the other Rogue fragrances but one that I shall consider buying in the near future. Very nice!!
18th June, 2019
This is an immaculate and manly scent. Very crisp and clean. I do agree that there is a Creed GIT element to it...but I actually like this better. It is not overpowering like, GIT. Well done...will be ordering this for sure!
05th June, 2019
Rogue – Fougere L’Aube (2019)

A very light, green fougere, so evanescent as to almost not be there at all.

It has the effect of possessing herbals in excelsius, yet none are listed in its note tree. The most dominant effect is the hay note, aided by just a touch of galbanum. Sadly, my nose is unable to detect any of the other notes, not even the camphor and oak moss, which one would expect to be both recognizable and center stage.

I can give this only a neutral rating. Not bad, not good, just in between. I would have liked to have smelled it before Mr. Cross gave it the addition of the “modern aroma chemicals.” Being modern isn’t always the best decision. “Classic” formulas are tagged so, for a reason.

07th May, 2019

Add your review of Fougère L'Aube

Shop for Fougère L'Aube products online

Fougere L’Aube By Rogue Perfumery - 60 ml Full Bottle

End Date: Wednesday May-6-2020 4:18:43 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $125.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of Fougère L'Aube

There are no member images of Fougère L'Aube yet. Why not be the first?