Flos Mortis (2019)

Year of Launch2019

HouseRogue Perfumery
PerfumerManuel Cross

About Flos Mortis

Flos Mortis is a shared / unisex perfume by Rogue Perfumery. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Manuel Cross

Reviews of Flos Mortis

This is sweeter & far less challengingly morbid than I was led to expect by other reviews that I've read. For me it's a gently indolic jasmine with a minty edge, & to begin with I have to inhale deeply to get the leather & mothball effect. I don't read it as tuberose either, & I see that tuberose isn't even listed among the notes here in the Directory. The redcurrant isn't obvious, but seems to lend a fruity sweetness to the mix. Five minutes in, the mothball accord strengthens, & dominates for the next two hours before receding. After this, osmanthus adds another, more creamy note of fruitiness, still going softly seven hours in.
Disconcertingly, the remnant of this that remains on the sleeve of my robe the next morning has an insidious, sickly sweetness that puts me in mind of rotting teeth. Perhaps that's where the "morbidity" comes in, but other than that, I'm left wondering what all the fuss is about. There is a vaguely gothic feel to this, & I'm sure anyone who enjoys Tubereuse Criminelle would love it, but it's far too sweet for me, & there's nothing morbid about the pretty coral pink colour of that juice!
04th December, 2019
Sweet. Brandy-like accord. Gentle leather underneath. It's a mysterious blend. Floral notes drift in and out. Marvelous thing, this! "Indole" here is lux. Waves of jasmine mingle amongst the other notes. The florals here are perfection, in general. I really like this!

In time, all sweetness fades and the jasmine juice takes over. Still, little hints of leather pop in here and there.

Lasts gently, with floral indole, a long time.
31st August, 2019
Flos Mortis (2019)

I am reviewing a “preview” sample of this new scent, not as yet released as of this writing (May, 2019).

Dead center upon inhaling the opening is a very strong jasmine (down to its very, very green notes). Surprising, because one would think the tuberose would dominate this demure white gem. A flash of menthol, as in muscle rub ointments, quickly subsides, leaving just the jasmine and a dry tea note.

I can’t detect the currant, the osmanthus (which lends a floral apricot note), nor the “raw black leather” of the released note tree.

This is Rogue’s second take on the Tuberose-centered genre, so it is amusing that I get no hint of that strong floral at all – just pure jasmine oil with a hint of tea. This is reminiscent of Lutens’ A La Nuit.
18th June, 2019
A dark take on tuberose unlike Champs Lunaires. The opening consisted of a mothball accord which I determined was the Indole note. A cool mint would best describe it something that is similarly present vapor rub. One mentioned it as smelling like menthol. At this time the tuberose florals began to intensify along with the jasmine grandiflorum. I have to say that the florals were a bit stuffy at times, its carried a strong punch. Letting my nose adjust, I was able to pick up some of the underlying fruit notes which was probably the contributions from both the osmmanthus and red currant. That likely held the florals in check. As time progressed the monstrous florals settled down to what was a dark leather base. Very strong longevity and silage. Overall it was a very challenging scent one that wasn’t exactly easy to wear. I’d say Flos Mortis caters to a very specific group of individuals with myself not being one of them.
13th June, 2019

Add your review of Flos Mortis

Shop for Flos Mortis products online

Member images of Flos Mortis

There are no member images of Flos Mortis yet. Why not be the first?