Notorious Oud (2019)

Notorious Oud information

Year of Launch2019

HouseD.S. & Durga

About Notorious Oud

Inspired by rapper, Notorious B.I.G.

Notorious Oud fragrance notes

Reviews of Notorious Oud

There is one review of Notorious Oud.
I dig this latest release from D.S. & Durga, Notorious Oud, named for who other than Biggie himself. It’s a dry oud that is pretty darn boastful at the onset (I went easy on the sprays) but dries down rather comfortably to become of a sober take on oud, with some of the familiar accompaniments of saffron, rose, and resins (galbanum, in this case), along with the reliable lavender and few more provocative additives that I don’t detect much of at all, like camphor and civet.

In that I don’t get much of the civet on my skin, Notorious Oud is smooth and not all that dirty. It does have the spicy, floral, and resinous touches, but it’s mostly smooth oud, just less so than, say, Pure Oud By Kilian.

It’s a good performer, surely not Roja-esque in terms of the loudness of the oud, and probably not even analogous to the Kilian offerings, but still robust enough and frankly a bit easier-to-wear because it’s not so over-the-top oud-heavy. I could see this being a big winner for the house.

Overall, it’s a very nice fragrance, teetering on the edge between a “like” and a “love” for me. I’m glad that its pricing is at least consistent with the current lineup, at $260/$175 for 100ml/50ml, respectively.. at its usual points of sale (i.e. Luckyscent, Twisted Lily, etc.).,

7 out of 10
15th August, 2019

Add your review of Notorious Oud

Shop for Notorious Oud products online

Member images of Notorious Oud

There are no member images of Notorious Oud yet. Why not be the first?