L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood (2019)
by Issey Miyake

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood information

Year of Launch2019
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseIssey Miyake
Parent CompanyShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood is a masculine fragrance by Issey Miyake. The scent was launched in 2019

L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood fragrance notes

Reviews of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood

Unisex and universal fragrance that initially reminds me a bit of Bvlgari Aqva Amara, but in the drydown it gets a more woody, mainstream character in the spirit of this vaning decade.

Could've been better. With so many flankers and many other similar designer frags, it's very redundant. I do sympathise to a degree, though.

Decent, casual and universal.

Originality 3/10
Scent 6/10
Longevity 6/10
Projection 5/10
________________________
matemathical grade: 50%
subjective grade: 6,5/10
28th December, 2019
The opening reminds me of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) but lighter, fresher and way more modern. That goes away about an hour into the drydown and you're left with a very young, fresh and sweet scent that is typical in today's masculine fragrances. I don't get much if any, woody notes.

Not outstanding or unique but should be good enough for compliments. I will admit there are better options.

Projection is adequate for 4-5 hours. Afterward, you can still smell the scent on skin 10+ hours later.
09th October, 2019
I tried this today, after thinking it sounded wonderful in reviews; in fact, I nearly bought it blind online a few days ago - now having tried it, I'm very glad I didn't:

As soon as I smelled the tester on my skin, I was taken straight back to the mid and late 90s, when this could have been any number of men's fragrances: grapefruit and sandalwood dominate Wood & Wood, which remind me of Jazz and Live Jazz, though overall, I am reminded of Quasar by Jesus Del Pozo and Voyageur by Jean Patou. And boy is it strong! After aproximately an hour I had to try to wash it off - which was not easy, and I am left with the horrible, and still strong, smell of stale white musk on the back of my hand.

I can't get my head around Wood & Wood, unless this was a deliberate attempt at 90s nostalgia.

In conclusion, Wood & Wood isn't at all unpleasant: I actually like it (for the first hour at least), but it was done many times in the 90s, and is nothing new. The worst thing about it has been the nasty stale white musk that appeared when I tried to wash the tester off.
16th September, 2019
Let me tell you a brief story:

- I have enough Issey Miyake fragrances.

And surely, I had the complete intention of buying something different when I met this perfume.

I tried it without desire... Along with all the new fragrances of the store, and some great perfumes that I still don't have and I was really eager to buy.

Well... For me, it was love at first sniff.

Of course I bought it and also, in a way, I got what I wanted: I didn't buy "another Issey Miyake fragrance", because this one is quite different.

That probably discourages the die-hard fans of the L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme... But I believe that it perfectly represents the style and distinction of the brand, in this beautiful interpretation of the most current perfume fashion trends; I celebrate the incursion of Issey Miyake in them, and in my view, it has done so brilliantly and elegantly.

This fragrance is modern, cool, seductive, addictive...

Like a beautifully designed Super 180'S suit: Easy to wear and easy to enjoy.

Isn't it a work of art..? Does that matter..?

What it is, is a coooool pleasure. Simply that.

Sillage: Moderate. Perfect for:

- Professional & Personal meetings (It projects confidence and empathy).

... And romantic dates (invites to approach).

Longevity: Good. +/- 8h.

Mood: Uplifting & Relaxing at the same time.

Scenario & Lifestyle: The scent of a modern and stylish executive.

I am not a person who cares about compliments, but I have to say that in the few days that I wear it for now, I received a lot.

So for me, in this fragrance game, this is a winning hand.
31st August, 2019
I had high hopes for this -

A pseudo Terre d'Hermes with ambroxan in the dry down.

Real wood cap though, so...
31st July, 2019

Add your review of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood

Shop for L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood products online

L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Wood and Wood By Issey Miyake Eau De Parfum Intense Spr

End Date: Tuesday Mar-17-2020 21:55:16 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $74.76
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

End Date: Friday Mar-20-2020 14:10:45 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $74.76
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood

There are no member images of L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme Wood & Wood yet. Why not be the first?