Clouds' Illusion (2019)

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Clouds' Illusion

The company says:

Clouds was an idea dreamed up by Christi Long. Christi runs Eau My Soul as a kind, encouraging forum for fragrance lovers, and one day she was wearing our crowdfunded fragrance from 2018, Take Me To The River. It crossed her mind that Joni Mitchell's Both Sides Now would be a wonderful inspiration for a fragrance, looking at clouds from both sides, the grey, then the sunshine.

Between us, we dreamed up a plan: Christi sent me a list of notes: iris, narcissus, white chocolate, hay, sandalwood, papyrus, vanilla and others which I'll keep secret. She'd named some of the most expensive materials that exist, but I also knew that would want it to be affordable to everyone in the group because she's nice like that.

So I had a suggestion. How about we do Both Sides Now? I am going to make two versions, one with the natural materials and one with the synthetic recreations made by the genius chemists from the industry. That way we can make the most magnificent, fabulously luxurious fragrance this side of Ancient Rome, plus the affordable one. Clouds, and Clouds' Illusion.

My intention was that they should smell pretty much exactly the same, but which ever one you buy, you can have a sample of the other one too. I don't think anyone has done this before. I'm keen to show that aromachemicals are just as beautiful as naturals, and that you're not missing out if you don't have the spare cash for expensive fragrances. (But if you do, don't let us hold you back.)

Clouds' Illusion fragrance notes

Reviews of Clouds' Illusion

There are no reviews of Clouds' Illusion — why not be the first?

Add your review of Clouds' Illusion

Shop for Clouds' Illusion products online

Member images of Clouds' Illusion

There are no member images of Clouds' Illusion yet. Why not be the first?