Meet Me on the Corner (2019)
by 4160 Tuesdays

Meet Me on the Corner information

Year of Launch2019

House4160 Tuesdays
PerfumerSarah McCartney

About Meet Me on the Corner

The company says:

Our crowdfunding perfume for Autumn 2019 is a scent that sums up the late 1970s. It's named after the Lindisfarne song Meet Me On The Corner, and captures days when you arranged to meet someone then actually went there and waited.

For us it was outside the fire station in Newcastle, just around the corner from the bus station. In more recent years, seeing the fire station with no one standing outside was quite strange. (Back then we would only move if there was a fire.)

There was Aqua Manda, the Mary Quant fragrances, then a step up to Givenchy III, Eau Sauvage and my favourite Diorella. Citrus fruits and Hedione, and the classic eaux de colognes that our unbelievably sophisticated (to us) French penfriends wore when they visited Tyneside from Paris in the summer holidays. All these mixed up as a memory.

Meet Me on the Corner fragrance notes

Reviews of Meet Me on the Corner

There is one review of Meet Me on the Corner.
4160 Tuesdays Meet Me on the Corner is described as the product of mandora (a blend of sweet orange and mandarin), magnolia flower, and magnolia leaf. It’s fresh and citric but also green and floral, a lovely exploration of the sweet magnolia mixed with sweet orange, but not too sweet.

I feels delicately assembled, carefully put together, with a lot of nuance, not too similar to any other fragrance in my recollection. And it feels balanced between the floral and citrus, green and sweet, but is really wholly fresh and evocative of an outdoor fruit tree aside a field of flowers.

It performs nicely, and feels like a good blend with a rich quality to it, not that it’s oily, per se, but it has the feeling of containing a good concentration of perfume oil. Its performance is comparable to some of the other robust freshies in the house (i.e. Freeway). It’s priced slightly lower than most 4160 Tuesdays offerings, at $110 for 50ml.

This is more or less instantly a bottle what I want to have. It’s a freshie that won me over on first wearing, mimicking my experience with the mostly-freshies Freeway and Red Queen. In short, I love it, particularly as a warm weather option that feels like something wholly new from this house.

8 out of 10

12th June, 2020

Add your review of Meet Me on the Corner

Shop for Meet Me on the Corner products online

Member images of Meet Me on the Corner

There are no member images of Meet Me on the Corner yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Meet Me on the Corner