Murmure Chypré (2019)

Year of Launch2019

HouseMotif Olfactif
PerfumerOswald Pare

About Murmure Chypré

Murmure Chypré is a shared / unisex perfume by Motif Olfactif. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Oswald Pare

Reviews of Murmure Chypré

There is one review of Murmure Chypré.
Motif Olfactif Murmure Chypre is my fourth try from this house launched by Oswald Pare in late 2019. I sometimes overuse the phrase, “classic meets modern,” but from the initial spray, that’s the vibe I get from Murmure Chypre, a classic unisex chypre—maybe ever so slightly feminine, with its hefty use of iris/orris, alongside jasmine, musk, patchouli, leather, tobacco, oakmoss, and even civet, per the note listing—yet somehow modernized.

As is often the case, the very presence of orris/iris makes them stand out to me a lot. They are, especially, in this case, the powdery sharp instruments that sing above the rest of the orchestra and lead the group. The rest of the mix mainly provides an earthy, slightly animalic, slightly dirty backdrop. I’d say I get a bit more patchouli and the musk than the rest; I don’t particularly detect much leather, tobacco, or oakmoss, though oakmoss, especially, could just be lurking the background.

Murmure Chypre is dense, rich, and frankly somewhat opulent, and feels more apropos for cold weather than warm weather. At extrait concentration, Murmure Chypre is priced at $150 for 50ml, comparable to the rest of the line, and is sold only through the house website, to my knowledge. I’d certainly recommend ordering a sample set to try the original five.

7 out of 10
20th February, 2020

Add your review of Murmure Chypré

Shop for Murmure Chypré products online

Member images of Murmure Chypré

There are no member images of Murmure Chypré yet. Why not be the first?