Voile d’Encens (2019)

Year of Launch2019

HouseMotif Olfactif
PerfumerOswald Pare

About Voile d’Encens

Voile d’Encens is a shared / unisex perfume by Motif Olfactif. The scent was launched in 2019 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Oswald Pare

Voile d’Encens fragrance notes

Reviews of Voile d’Encens

There is one review of Voile d’Encens.
Voile D’encens is my second try from Motif Olfactif, the house launched by Oswald Pare / Mr. Oz in late 2019, my second try from my sample pack after De Toma a Zouma. Voile D’encens is an interesting exploration of incense, a mix of frankincense, olibanum, and elemi, primarily, with sharp and fruity touches. Pear, rhubarb, rose, and vetiver accent the incense-dominant. The resins lean sharper and brighter than they do smokier but there are smoky touches as well. It’s slightly sweet, slightly tart, but not especially either, at least not more than it is resinous.

I enjoy that the pear and especially the rhubarb aren’t a momentary burst in the opening, as plants sometimes are, but last into the dry down and remain a part of the mix throughout. I generally do not enjoy pear when used significantly but in concert with the rhubarb, it really works well as a complement to the incense.

Voile D’encens is fun and quirky yet elegantly composed, clearly with care, and it gives me something different, particularly in the world of incense, from what I’m accustomed to smelling. Definitely a recommended try, as I suspect will be the case with much of the line, as I loved De Toma a Zouma.

Voile D’encens is a 28% extrait concentration at $140 for 50ml, so actually not much more than the $130 EDP De Toma a Zouma. It performs well, quite dense, and the ingredients feel rich.

I quite like this one—I’m not sure I’d wear it a lot personally, but it’s a curiosity and has some complexity and intrigue, more inventive that the majority of new fragrances that I come across. Bravo, Mr. Oz!

7 out of 10
12th February, 2020

Add your review of Voile d’Encens

Shop for Voile d’Encens products online

Member images of Voile d’Encens

There are no member images of Voile d’Encens yet. Why not be the first?