Andy Tauer on Tableau de Parfum's Loretta [News from Pitti]
Edited on 9/14/12
- Andy Tauer Launches Limited Edition Dark PassageEdited on 3/4/12
- Andy Tauer on Miriam | News from Pitti FragranzeEdited on 9/10/11
- Andy Tauer launches two new scents at PittiEdited on 9/26/10
- topicTauer Perfumes
Alphabetical Article List
Andy Tauer Launches Cologne Du Maghreb at Indie Scents
Swiss perfumer Andy Tauer has launched a new fragrance. Cologne du Maghreb is created in the traditional way of cologne making says Tauer, using only natural, botanical raw materials: "Essential oils, absolutes, resins and love find their way into this Cologne. Not more, not less. There is no need for anything else."
The name Maghreb refers to the geographic region in North Africa that includes Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia.
The cologne uses bergamot and lemon essential oils, combined with other citrus ingedents such as neroli oil (the steam distilled essential oil of orange blossoms). Some notes last longer than the classical citrus chord says Tauer. These include Moroccan cedar wood and cistus ladaniferus (labdanum). Lavender and rosemary, rose absolute, rose essential oil and clary sage are also listed as ingredients.
TauerPerfumes first presented this cologne in 2010 during the advent calendar give-away. It is now being made in limited quantities and is being sold only through Indiescents.com.
The perfumer explains: "When I visited the global headquarters of niche perfumery Luckyscent- at Brea Ave. in Los Angeles the other day, I got a chance to inspect the shelves of a new venture within the company called Indiescents.com. This new 'company within a company' is a wonderful thing, it acts like an incubator, a separate, nurturing place that is a home to many emerging, artisanal brands and to a large number of perfumes that are hand-crafted, limited, and unique.
Going through these fragrances, smelling this universe of truly inspired and unique creations, I said to Franco Wright, its curator: "Franco, I would be proud to see a flacon of the Cologne du Maghreb on these shelves. "Sure thing, he replied. "It will do well and have good company on the shelves. We would love to see a Tauer there, too".
"Thus, it is with great pride that I offer the Cologne du Maghreb at Indiescents.com" says Tauer, "to start, I filled just a few hundred flacons, with my cologne that is natural and all botanical, referencing the colognes of 200 years ago. The flacon is simple; it is basically my former flacon that I used for many years. In a sense, I go back in time, celebrating my beginning with all natural, all botanical perfumery.
I feel happy and proud to offer my Cologne du Maghreb"
Franco Wright and Adam Eastwood, founders of Luckyscent say they wanted their sister company, indiescents.com, to focus on smaller, independent perfume brands. The company says the concept is to provide an engaging marketplace for the growing number of emerging perfumes brands with many artisan-made, exclusive limited editions. They plan to keep prices between $40 and $120.
Cologne du Maghreb Cologne for $65 for 50ml from
- Andy Tauer Launches Limited Edition Dark Passage
Currently, there are 597 Active Users (61 Members and 536 Guests)
- › Damn you, Michael Kors for Men.... 18 seconds ago
- › SOTD: Saturday, May 25, 2013 1 minute ago
- › Azzaro pour homme VS Paco Rabanne pour homme 3 minutes ago
- › SotD: Saturday 25th May 2013 6 minutes ago
- › Dior Homme Intense vs Creed Aventus 19 minutes ago
- › Mindless Alphabet Frag Naming Game ~ PART 5 23 minutes ago
- › Thread & Topic info 25 minutes ago
- › Eyeshadow of the day 28 minutes ago
- › Lipstick of the Day - What ya wearing? 33 minutes ago
- › Today i bought; May 2013 35 minutes ago
- › Venezia Uomo by Laura Biagiotti, 1995 by drseid
- › Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal... by rbaker
- › Gentlemen Only by Givenchy, 2013 by rbaker
- › Bandit by Robert Piguet, 1944 by rbaker
- › Goldy by Hayari Parfums, 2012 by beauty4beyond
- › Broderie by Hayari Parfums, 2012 by beauty4beyond
- › Old Spice by Procter & Gamble, 1937 by PerfumeCollector
- › Memoirs Of A Trespasser by Imaginary Authors by BradW
- › James Bond 007 Ocean Royale by James Bond, 2013 by Zgb
- › Botanical Essence No. 100 by Liz Earle, 2013 by LondonGirl
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne