Andy Tauer on Tableau de Parfum's Loretta [News from Pitti]
Edited on 9/14/12
- Andy Tauer Launches Cologne Du Maghreb at Indie ScentsEdited on 12/2/11
- Andy Tauer on Miriam | News from Pitti FragranzeEdited on 9/10/11
- Andy Tauer launches two new scents at PittiEdited on 9/26/10
- topicTauer Perfumes
Alphabetical Article List
Andy Tauer Launches Limited Edition Dark Passage
Swiss perfumer Andy Tauer has launched a limited edition perfume called 'Dark Passage'. The fragrance, which is part of the Tableau de Parfums series, has been created as a fundraiser for the production of the film project 'Only Child'.
The movie, the second feature-length film in the Woman's Picture Series (Miriam being the first, which was accompanied by a Tauer perfume of the same name), features Grace Zabriskie (Big Love, Twin Peaks) and Amy LaVere.
"The pair play an estranged mother and daughter with a hidden secret between them. As mother searches for daughter, trying to retrace her steps after a sudden disappearance, the women's shared background comes into sharper focus, revealing a strange and destructive bond" say the makers, who describe it as:
"A modern day mother/daughter noir with influences as diverse as Psycho, Three Women, Now, Voyager and Mildred Pierce. The locales are the typical haunts of noir: neglected roadside motels, sun faded diners, and homes that hide menace under a veneer of fancy decor. The characters are trapped in the past but trying to move away from it. Their identities are fluid and merge, making it harder for them to know themselves and each other."
Described as a snapshot fragrance by Tauer, 'Dark Passage' can be purched exclusively through Kickstarter Campaign, proceeds from the sale will go towards making the film.
In addition Tauer has also created a fragrant 100g soap to be sold on behalf of the campaign. Notes are said to include Geranium, Rose, Orange blossom, Tuberose, Ripe Fruits, and ambergris.
Film maker Brian Pera said: "When we started the Womans Picture series, I contacted my favorite perfumer, Zurichs Andy Tauer about collaborating on a group of fragrances inspired by the characters in the films. Perfume was a big part of my childhood and plays a big role in the memories I have of the women in my family. Perfume is memory; like noir it merges past and present. Andy and I wanted to create scents that work with the films, enhancing the complexity of the characters even more. For this kickstarter campaign, Andy has created several exclusive items inspired by the stories of Loretta and her mother."
The 'Only Child' campaign is also running on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/womanspicture) and on Evelyn Avenues blog
'Dark Passage' Tableau de Parfums is available as a 7ml purse spray.
- Andy Tauer Launches Cologne Du Maghreb at Indie Scents
Currently, there are 614 Active Users (63 Members and 551 Guests)
- › MFK Aqua Universalis VS MFK Aqua Universalis Forte 1 minute ago
- › New - Kilian Musk Oud? 1 minute ago
- › Nest: Moroccan Amber: The best Amber you've never heard of! 1 minute ago
- › What are you eating/drinking? 2 minutes ago
- › I Want People to Know I'm Wearing a Fragrance! 3 minutes ago
- › The Guerlain Cologne Poll 3 minutes ago
- › Osmotheque visit and samples 4 minutes ago
- › perfume physics:-) ...help needed 8 minutes ago
- › Three new launches from Le Labo: Lys 41, Ylang 49, Limette 37 13 minutes ago
- › Album, EP or Song of the Day - May 2013 14 minutes ago
- › Bath by Bobbi Brown, 2006 by JulzMarie
- › Sung Homme by Alfred Sung, 1988 by silentrich
- › Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka, 2000 by ingcamiloforero
- › Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur, 2002 by Tony T
- › Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren, 1993 by del
- › Dehn Al Oud by Al Rehab by GetRich
- › Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta, 1981 by Kampus Kop
- › Chocolate Greedy by Montale by del
- › Scent by Theo Fennell, 2007 by JackTwist
- › Black by Kenneth Cole, 2003 by JithB
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne