Just Cavalli Grows Teeth - The London Launch Of Just
Edited on 3/4/13
- Steps launch 'Guilty Pleasure' fragrance, with event in...Edited on 10/31/12
- Profumo's Tawaf: How you can help crowd source the campaign...Edited on 7/12/12
- An interview with Nathalie Helloin Kamel of Parfums Issey Miyake :...Edited on 6/26/12
- Ruth Mastenbroek talks about her first Eau de ParfumEdited on 2/16/11 More ›
- topicNew Products
Alphabetical Article List
Arden celebrate 100 years with Red Door candle
Elizabeth Arden are celebrating 100 years with a limited edition candle encased in a porcelain canister as a "collectable and commemorative piece for the loyal Elizabeth Arden customer". The candle is scented with Red Door and the design is inspired by the companies 5th Avenue address in New York City.
The Elizabeth Arden company was founded in 1910 by Canadian, Florence Graham. Five years later, her New York salon moved to 5th Avenue (Hence the name of the 1996 Arden fragrance). Elizabeth Arden's popularity grew and by the mid twenties, their products could be found in hundreds of stores worldwide. At the time Arden was one of the most recognisable US brands along with Singer sewing machines and Coca-Cola. Florence Graham died in 1966 and the company was acquired by Eli Lilly & co five years later. In 1987, it was acquired by Faberge, and Faberge in turn was acquired by Anglo-Dutch multinational, Unilever in 1989.
On October 31st 2000, Unilever sold it's Arden business, to US company, FFI Fragrances for $225 million. Once the sale was complete, FFI then begun to trade under the Arden name.
As well as Arden's own fragrances the company also create fragrances for brands such as Halston, Geoffrey Beene, Giorgio Beverly Hills, Juicy Couture and Claiborne. Celebrities with fragrances created by Arden include ELizabeth Taylor, Usher, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and Hilary Duff.
"Elizabeth Arden Anniversary Scented Candle Floral Essence of Red Door" is available now from Arden stockists for $29.99.
- Steps launch 'Guilty Pleasure' fragrance, with event in...
Currently, there are 695 Active Users (75 Members and 620 Guests)
- › Chasing down perfume leads. 2 minutes ago
- › recieved 2 creed bottles from fragrancenet, terrible 2 minutes ago
- › what have you hoarded the most? 4 minutes ago
- › SOTD, Wednesday, May 22 6 minutes ago
- › The future of Gucci Pour Homme II? 8 minutes ago
- › What are you eating/drinking? 9 minutes ago
- › What song are you currently listening to? 10 minutes ago
- › What Are You Thinking About Buying Next? 11 minutes ago
- › What was your first scent? 12 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 13 minutes ago
- › So New York by Bond No. 9, 2003 by Francop
- › Guerlain Homme by Guerlain, 2008 by del
- › Lipizzan by Parfums de Marly, 2010 by leto
- › UR For Men by Usher, 2008 by silentrich
- › Nemo by Cacharel, 1999 by silentrich
- › Halston 101 by Halston, 1984 by LAURENLANDAU
- › M7 by Yves Saint Laurent, 2002 by L'Maison...
- › L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent, 2006 by L'Maison...
- › Aventus by Creed, 2010 by del
- › L.12.12 Noir / Black by Lacoste, 2013 by Erok32
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne