An interview with Nathalie Helloin Kamel of Parfums Issey Miyake :...
Edited on 6/26/12
- Bleu de Chanel : Plus interview with perfumer Jacques Polge [video]Edited on 8/22/10
- Hermès extend Cologne CollectionEdited on 5/17/13
- Ferragamo to launch Acqua Essenziale in MayEdited on 4/23/13
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-threeEdited on 4/23/13 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Art & Fragrance create Bentley fragrance trioSwiss company Art & Fragrance have created three fragrances for the British company, Bentley Motors. The fragrances are Bentley for Men, Bentley for Men Intense and Lalique for Bentley Crystal Edition.
Firmenich perfumer Nathalie Lorson has created Bentley for Men and Bentley for Men Intense. Art & Fragrance has said that Lorson has "has skilfully transformed the quintessence of the legendary automobile brand Bentley into a superb and unmistakable fragrance experience"
Bentley For Mens top notes include black pepper, bergamot and green bay leaves. Brown leather features at the heart, alongside natural rum essence, clary sage and cinnamon. The base contains wood notes of cedar patchouli and benzoin. Lorson says that she "chose cedar because of its powerful unadulterated scent and patchouli for its sensual depth and natural elegance."
Lorson has also developed an eau de parfum version of the fragrance called Bentley for Men Intense, which adds African geranium, labdanum, sandalwood and amber.
The design of Bentley cars is echoed in the Bentley for Men and Bentley for Men Intense bottles: "the lines and curves of a Bentley have been transposed into the rounded form of the flask. This makes the glass bottle particularly comfortable inthe hand."
The packaging was designed by Paris design agency Aesthete under the direction of Thierry de Baschmakoff in close collaboration with Bentley Motors design team.
Also available is a limited edition fragrance housed in a crystal flacon by Lalique (Lalique is owned by Art & Fragrance). Lalique for Bentley Crystal Edition is described as "a masterpiece of craftsmanship in glassmaking. It is also the result of an exciting encounter and close cooperation between the skilled designers at Bentley Motors and Lalique."
The fragrance itself was created by Robertet's Mylène Alran. Notes include orris Butter, white cedarwood, patchouli, payprus, amber and musk. The Crystal Edition is limited to 999 40ml bottles and will cost £3000.
Bentley for Men Eau de Toilette starts at a slightly lower price (£43) and will be available from April as 60ml and 100ml Eau de Toilette, After shave balm and Shower Gel. The Intense version is available as 100ml Eau de Parfum.
- Bleu de Chanel : Plus interview with perfumer Jacques Polge [video]
Currently, there are 540 Active Users (43 Members and 497 Guests)
- › Vol de Nuit parfum question 3 minutes ago
- › I made a blog to answer questions for the "just starting out"... 7 minutes ago
- › The lilac quest - part two 2013 8 minutes ago
- › What is this flower? Is there anything like it? 12 minutes ago
- › Do you shop online for fashion stuff that need trying on? 17 minutes ago
- › How would you use pure malt and pure havane when you have both? 17 minutes ago
- › Balmy-scents for men 18 minutes ago
- › Casual Shoes - what do you wear, and also please give advice 20 minutes ago
- › A little help please! 21 minutes ago
- › Failed and unsuccessful experiments 22 minutes ago
- › Bois D'Ascèse by Naomi Goodsir, 2012 by jtd
- › Lacoste Challenge by Lacoste, 2009 by OCNBreeze7
- › Original Penguin Reserve by Original Penguin, 2013 by thines01
- › Versace L'Homme by Versace, 1984 by kodepop
- › Arabian Nights by J del Pozo, 2010 by mlsweeney
- › Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein, 2002 by conkhi
- › Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler, 2007 by conkhi
- › A*Men : Les Parfums De Cuir by Thierry Mugler, 2012 by conkhi
- › A*Men : Le Gôut Du Parfum / The Taste Of Fragrance [hot Chili... by conkhi
- › Gucci Pour Homme by Gucci, 2003 by thomkallor
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne