Meaning Making in Artistic Perfumery - Lecture by Dr Claus Noppeney...
Edited on 3/29/12
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013Edited on 3/23/13
- Popup Paris : A diamond is hidden in every fifty candles | Esxence...Edited on 3/31/12
- Rosine to launch Lotus Rose | Esxence News
- topicEsxence Milano 2012
Alphabetical Article List
Eight & Bob - a fragrance for JFK and his friends | Esxence News
Eight & Bob is a fragrance that tells a story of Albert Fouquet, the son of a Parisian aristocrat and perfume connoisseur. He created a fragrance for his personal use in collaboration with his butler, Philippe. According to the company, he was asked by many in his social circle to market the fragrance, but he declined. And then, on vacation in 1937, he met John F Kennedy.
Kennedy was captivated by Fouquet's fragrance and persuaded him to leave him a sample (who knew Kennedy collected decants?). Fouquet left Kennedy a sample, and a note which read "In this jar, you will find the dash of French glamour that your American personality lacks."
On returning from his vacation, Fouquet received a letter from Kennedy thanking him, and asking if he could send eight more samples, "and if your production allows, another one for Bob". Butler, Philippe found eight beautiful glass jars in a Parisian pharmacy for Fouquet to send the fragrances in. He labeled the package "Eight + Bob".
Soon everyone wanted the fragrance: Hollywood producers, directors and actors. Unfortunately, Fouquet died in a car accident in 1939, and Philippe, who was handling orders left his job with the family due to the start of World War II. In the last shipments he sent, he his them in books to prevent them being seized by Nazi's.
Decades later, the formula was found by the family of Philippe, and the fragrance was recreated.
The fragrance contains a note from a plant called "Andrea" which apparently is "in short supply due to the altitudeand the limited area where it grows; it can only be picked during themonths of December and January."
Eight & Bob is 125 for 100ml edt.
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013
Currently, there are 550 Active Users (60 Members and 490 Guests)
- › Kouros EDT Edition Cuir/ Leather Edition? 3 minutes ago
- › SDV in australia 7 minutes ago
- › If you could only have 3 scents it would be.... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you eating/drinking? 12 minutes ago
- › I Want People to Know I'm Wearing a Fragrance! 13 minutes ago
- › Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve 14 minutes ago
- › Album, EP or Song of the Day - May 2013 18 minutes ago
- › Azzaro Pour Homme thoughts 24 minutes ago
- › Which frag should I get rid of? 26 minutes ago
- › sale! fahrenheit, kerosene copper skies, MR oil, hypnose.. updated... 28 minutes ago
- › Kobe by Xerjoff by FISS80
- › Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift, 2011 by del
- › Manifesto by Yves Saint Laurent, 2012 by Den1011
- › Samsara by Guerlain, 1989 by Den1011
- › Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior, 1998 by Den1011
- › Miss Dior Le Parfum by Christian Dior, 2012 by Den1011
- › Memoirs Of A Trespasser by Imaginary Authors by BradW
- › James Bond 007 Ocean Royale by James Bond, 2013 by Zgb
- › Botanical Essence No. 100 by Liz Earle, 2013 by LondonGirl
- › Emir by Martine Micallef, 2010 by Buzzlepuff
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne