Meaning Making in Artistic Perfumery - Lecture by Dr Claus Noppeney...
Edited on 3/29/12
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013Edited on 3/23/13
- Popup Paris : A diamond is hidden in every fifty candles | Esxence...Edited on 3/31/12
- Rosine to launch Lotus Rose | Esxence News
- topicEsxence Milano 2012
Alphabetical Article List
Eight & Bob - a fragrance for JFK and his friends | Esxence News
Eight & Bob is a fragrance that tells a story of Albert Fouquet, the son of a Parisian aristocrat and perfume connoisseur. He created a fragrance for his personal use in collaboration with his butler, Philippe. According to the company, he was asked by many in his social circle to market the fragrance, but he declined. And then, on vacation in 1937, he met John F Kennedy.
Kennedy was captivated by Fouquet's fragrance and persuaded him to leave him a sample (who knew Kennedy collected decants?). Fouquet left Kennedy a sample, and a note which read "In this jar, you will find the dash of French glamour that your American personality lacks."
On returning from his vacation, Fouquet received a letter from Kennedy thanking him, and asking if he could send eight more samples, "and if your production allows, another one for Bob". Butler, Philippe found eight beautiful glass jars in a Parisian pharmacy for Fouquet to send the fragrances in. He labeled the package "Eight + Bob".
Soon everyone wanted the fragrance: Hollywood producers, directors and actors. Unfortunately, Fouquet died in a car accident in 1939, and Philippe, who was handling orders left his job with the family due to the start of World War II. In the last shipments he sent, he his them in books to prevent them being seized by Nazi's.
Decades later, the formula was found by the family of Philippe, and the fragrance was recreated.
The fragrance contains a note from a plant called "Andrea" which apparently is "in short supply due to the altitudeand the limited area where it grows; it can only be picked during themonths of December and January."
Eight & Bob is 125 for 100ml edt.
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013
Currently, there are 655 Active Users (48 Members and 607 Guests)
- › Help w next purchase for summer 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread! 12 minutes ago
- › Summer Scent thoughts 14 minutes ago
- › Today i bought; May 2013 15 minutes ago
- › Chanel allure homme sport 3.4 15 minutes ago
- › fragrance for the man who hates cologne? 15 minutes ago
- › Which scent gets you the most female compliments? 19 minutes ago
- › Has Anybody Tried the Philosykos Eau de Parfum yet? 20 minutes ago
- › Amouage attar volume.........is 12ml really 12ml?? Or is it less?? 36 minutes ago
- › What's a niche fragrance that you LOVE that nobody has really ever... 38 minutes ago
- › F Pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo, 2007 by OCNBreeze7
- › Bath by Bobbi Brown, 2006 by JulzMarie
- › Sung Homme by Alfred Sung, 1988 by silentrich
- › Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka, 2000 by ingcamiloforero
- › Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur, 2002 by Tony T
- › Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren, 1993 by del
- › Dehn Al Oud by Al Rehab by GetRich
- › Oscar De La Renta Pour Lui by Oscar de la Renta, 1981 by Kampus Kop
- › Chocolate Greedy by Montale by del
- › Scent by Theo Fennell, 2007 by JackTwist
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne