Meaning Making in Artistic Perfumery - Lecture by Dr Claus Noppeney...
Edited on 3/29/12
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013Edited on 3/23/13
- Popup Paris : A diamond is hidden in every fifty candles | Esxence...Edited on 3/31/12
- Rosine to launch Lotus Rose | Esxence News
- topicEsxence Milano 2012
Alphabetical Article List
Eight & Bob - a fragrance for JFK and his friends | Esxence News
Eight & Bob is a fragrance that tells a story of Albert Fouquet, the son of a Parisian aristocrat and perfume connoisseur. He created a fragrance for his personal use in collaboration with his butler, Philippe. According to the company, he was asked by many in his social circle to market the fragrance, but he declined. And then, on vacation in 1937, he met John F Kennedy.
Kennedy was captivated by Fouquet's fragrance and persuaded him to leave him a sample (who knew Kennedy collected decants?). Fouquet left Kennedy a sample, and a note which read "In this jar, you will find the dash of French glamour that your American personality lacks."
On returning from his vacation, Fouquet received a letter from Kennedy thanking him, and asking if he could send eight more samples, "and if your production allows, another one for Bob". Butler, Philippe found eight beautiful glass jars in a Parisian pharmacy for Fouquet to send the fragrances in. He labeled the package "Eight + Bob".
Soon everyone wanted the fragrance: Hollywood producers, directors and actors. Unfortunately, Fouquet died in a car accident in 1939, and Philippe, who was handling orders left his job with the family due to the start of World War II. In the last shipments he sent, he his them in books to prevent them being seized by Nazi's.
Decades later, the formula was found by the family of Philippe, and the fragrance was recreated.
The fragrance contains a note from a plant called "Andrea" which apparently is "in short supply due to the altitudeand the limited area where it grows; it can only be picked during themonths of December and January."
Eight & Bob is 125 for 100ml edt.
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013
Currently, there are 687 Active Users (64 Members and 623 Guests)
- › Forum Specifc Board Subscription Not Working 1 minute ago
- › Which scent gets you the most female compliments? 1 minute ago
- › Poll: Can only afford one of these, which should I get? 1 minute ago
- › Tried my first niche fragrances at Noor in Toronto :) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Carnation 4 minutes ago
- › SOTD, Wednesday, May 22 4 minutes ago
- › Album, EP or Song of the Day - May 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for Mugler Cologne, Polo Sport Blue 5 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 8 minutes ago
- › I sell cars, what do I wear!?!? 8 minutes ago
- › Lipizzan by Parfums de Marly, 2010 by leto
- › UR For Men by Usher, 2008 by silentrich
- › Nemo by Cacharel, 1999 by silentrich
- › Halston 101 by Halston, 1984 by LAURENLANDAU
- › M7 by Yves Saint Laurent, 2002 by L'Maison...
- › L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent, 2006 by L'Maison...
- › Aventus by Creed, 2010 by del
- › L.12.12 Noir / Black by Lacoste, 2013 by Erok32
- › La Nuit by Paco Rabanne, 1985 by rbaker
- › Artisan by John Varvatos, 2009 by Augustmooninks
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne