Hermès extend Cologne Collection
Edited on 5/21/13
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-threeEdited on 4/23/13
- Noontide Petals is latest from Andy TauerEdited on 4/15/13
- YS Uzac unveil two new fragrances at Esxence - Interview with...Edited on 4/8/13
- Patricia di Nicolaï previews Amber Oud and Rose Oud | Esxence...Edited on 3/20/13 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Frédéric Malle kicks of new series with fragrance for designer, Dries van Noten
Frédéric Malle is launching a new collection, separate from Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle. He says the purpose of the new collection is to "translate the world of people and brands that I admire into scents". The new range is called "XXX by Frédéric Malle", and the first 'translation' is of Belgian fashion designer, Dries van Notes.
Of the new collection, Malle says "Asking perfumers to work on the olfactory illustration of someone elses world meant losing the closeness that Editions de Parfums had allowed us. The ease of communication between two perfume experts, and the fact that until now we did not have to be accountable to anyone, was to be replaced by a ménage à trois! From now on we would be nourished by the world and guided by the requirements of a creator foreign to our trade, but capable of enriching our creative process with his aesthetics, thoughts and ideas. It certainly made up for this breach in our intimacy."
Perfumer for the new scent is IFF's Bruno Jovanovic. Malle says that he is "a great listener, his perfume technique allows him to master any subject, and he has a taste for warm scents that seemed adapted to my perception of Driess desire."
Notes for the fragrance are designed to reflect different parts of Van Noten's life. The fragrance is built around natural sandalwood, "which [Bruno] chose for its softness and its character, and the fact that it is simultaneously exotic and evocative of the tradition of great classic perfumes ." Malle continues "To the milky smell of Santal Mysore he added the vanilla sweetness of Flemish pastries with a hint of vanilla, ethyle maltol, sacrasol (sulfurol) and Peruvian balm. This monumental warmth is tempered by a large dose of jasmine absolute and a musk accord. A trace of saffron and patchouli gives this ensemble, already very distinct, a unique - almost leathery - vibration. An overdose of lemon and bergamot offers a boost to this particularly contemporary structure and gives it the timeless aspect of the great perfumes of the beginning of the XXth century.
This very short formula composed of very precious materials, generates a sober but distinct sensuality. It is, in my eyes, a fair parallel to Dries van Notens world."
The fragrance will be available at stockists of Fréderic Malle, and in Dries van Noten stores.
We will be featuring an interview with Frédéric Malle talking about this new scent in the coming weeks.
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-three
Currently, there are 350 Active Users (39 Members and 311 Guests)
- › I´ve finally tried Aventus. Here´s my verdict: 33 seconds ago
- › d_squared 1 minute ago
- › Album, EP or Song of the Day - June 2013 9 minutes ago
- › Fragrance for a first date, same-sex edition 12 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Thursday, Jume 20th, 2013 15 minutes ago
- › Parfums de Nicolai NY vs Terre d Hermes??? 16 minutes ago
- › Has anyone heard of Ron Marone? 17 minutes ago
- › something like polo blue 20 minutes ago
- › Best Vanilla Based Fragrance? 25 minutes ago
- › Bought a Creed Millesime Imperial tester, not sure if real? please... 29 minutes ago
- › Beyond Love by By Kilian by ScentedLife
- › Amazingreen by Comme des Garçons, 2012 by Spoombung
- › Terre D'Hermès Parfum by Hermès, 2009 by Gary F
- › Rochas Man by Rochas, 1999 by Gary F
- › L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme by Guerlain, 2004 by Gary F
- › Horizon by Guy Laroche, 1993 by Gary F
- › Fahrenheit by Christian Dior, 1988 by Gary F
- › Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel, 1990 by Gary F
- › Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche, 1982 by Gary F
- › Déclaration by Cartier, 1998 by Gary F
- › Aoud by M.Micallef celebrates its Tenth... by Judith Brockless
- › Dueto Parfums release new fragrance, Citiver by Judith Brockless
- › Guerlain ‘Les Parisiennes’... by Judith Brockless
- › Iris Prima: ‘The Spirit of the Ballet. ... by Judith Brockless
- › Pell Wall Releases 1953 Pour Homme and Eau de... by Judith Brockless
- › Serge Lutens by Grant
- › An Interview with Christopher Sheldrake -... by Grant
- › Aedes de Venustas launch Iris Nazarena next... by Grant
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant