An interview with Nathalie Helloin Kamel of Parfums Issey Miyake :...
Edited on 6/26/12
- FiFi Awards 2011 - report by our New York CorrespondentEdited on 5/27/11
- Yankee Candle Company create Sound of Music inspired candlesEdited on 11/10/12
- Frédéric Malle launches sampler coffretsEdited on 10/19/12
- Video: Ulrich Lang on new fragrance, Lightscape [News from Pitti]Edited on 9/15/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Frederic Malle launches candle range at Barneys - with personal appearancesAttachment 7409Barneys New York have announced the launch of Frederic Malle's new home fragrance candle collection. Malle will be making personal appearances at select Barneys New York stores over the next few weeks to introduce the line. Barneys will be the only specialty retailer to carry the collection in the U.S. The candles will be available in select Barneys New York stores and at Barneys.com.
"Freddie is like a fabulous character out of Proust. The mysterious cult of Frederic Malle draws followers from the grooviest and most sophisticated nooks and crannies of art, movies and fashion. With the introduction of the home collection Frederic is taking his subtle, intoxicating magic to a wider audience," said Simon Doonan, Barneys New York's creative director.
The collection is comprised of nine scents many of which were developed using headspace technology largely based on the work of the late Dr. Braja Mookherjee, a scientist formerly with International Flavors and Fragrances. Frederic Malle invited perfumers Carlos Benaim, a close colleague of Dr. Mookherjee, and Sophia Grosman, to work on scent development. Additionally, Dominique Ropion, a long-time collaborator of Frederic Malle at Editions de Parfums, was also very active in the project.
The candles were launched last year in Europe, and you can read more in our report from last November.
The candles, which range in price from $80-$140, come in hand-blown glass jars in signature Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle red, but with no logo or label.
- Scottsdale - Friday, October 1, 6-8 PM
- Beverly Hills - Saturday, October 2, 4-6 PM
- Chicago - Wednesday, October 6, 5-7 PM
- New York Friday, October 8, 5-7 PM
- FiFi Awards 2011 - report by our New York Correspondent
Currently, there are 483 Active Users (74 Members and 409 Guests)
- › something like polo blue 27 seconds ago
- › What does the word "BALMY" mean anyway? 1 minute ago
- › Mindless Alphabet Frag Naming Game ~ PART 5 1 minute ago
- › Drake song from upcoming album entitled "Tuscan Leather" 2 minutes ago
- › Old School SotD's 2 minutes ago
- › Question-Answer Game Part 6 2 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb - Real or Fake?!? 2 minutes ago
- › Fragrance for a first date, same-sex edition 3 minutes ago
- › The projection longevity thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bentley For Men Intense by Bentley, 2013 by drseid
- › Habit Rouge by Guerlain, 1965 by Ronaldtimmermann
- › Acqua Di Giò Essenza by Giorgio Armani, 2012 by nyguy
- › Indian Night Jasmine by Body Shop, 2012 by IsaIsabella
- › Dark Aoud by Montale, 2011 by seeminglytransparent
- › Set Sail St. Barts For Men by Tommy Bahama, 2007 by marcuslaughter
- › Set Sail Martinique For Men by Tommy Bahama, 2010 by marcuslaughter
- › Bulgari Man Extreme by Bulgari, 2013 by marcuslaughter
- › Lime Sec by Pinaud by marcuslaughter
- › Lilac Vegetal by Pinaud, 1880 by marcuslaughter
- › Aoud by M.Micallef celebrates its Tenth... by Judith Brockless
- › Dueto Parfums release new fragrance, Citiver by Judith Brockless
- › Guerlain ‘Les Parisiennes’... by Judith Brockless
- › Iris Prima: ‘The Spirit of the Ballet. ... by Judith Brockless
- › Pell Wall Releases 1953 Pour Homme and Eau de... by Judith Brockless
- › Serge Lutens by Grant
- › An Interview with Christopher Sheldrake -... by Grant
- › Aedes de Venustas launch Iris Nazarena next... by Grant
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant