Steps launch 'Guilty Pleasure' fragrance, with event in...
Edited on 10/31/12
- Ruth Mastenbroek talks about her first Eau de ParfumEdited on 2/16/11
- A voyage of discovery with Ormonde Jayne's Perfume PortraitsEdited on 9/25/10
- Sakura - A new fragrance for Spring, from Angela Flanders
Alphabetical Article List
Gucci grows new Flora Garden Collection
This spring, Gucci are to launch a collection of five scents inspired by the Houses renowned Flora pattern, Gucci Creative Director Frida Giannini explains: With Flora by Gucci [launched in 2009], I wanted to express the loveliness of the Flora woman charming, romantic and optimistic. Now with The Flora Garden Collection I am celebrating multi-faceted way the Gucci woman expresses her personality."
As with Flora by Gucci, the inspiration for The Flora Garden Collection originates in an iconic design from the Gucci archives, rediscovered by Giannini:The story began in Milan in 1966, when Prince Ranier of Monaco brought his wife to the Gucci boutique. Roldolfo Gucci insisted that Princess Grace choose a gift to accompany the bamboo bag she had purchased. The Princess requested a scarf. Rodolfo felt that the House lacked one sufficiently beautiful for the royal style icon and so he commissioned illustrator Vittorio Accornero to create the most beautiful print he could imagine. Accornero returned with his painting: the Flora, a sumptuos, multi-hued, flowered template destined to become a design classic.Giannini remarks: Creating The Flora Garden collection allowed me to express the depth of emotions of every woman. Each fragrance is distinct, yet together all the scents embody the beauty and allure of this muse.
When Giannini, revived Flora on printed canvas bags in summer 2005, a new generation succumbed to its charms. In 2006, it appeared re-scaled, re-coloured and abstracted onto Forties-style print dresses, jewellery and evening bags. Now it has flourished to even greater heights in Flora by Gucci and The Flora Garden Collection.
A sumptuous white floral: Guccis faithful creation of the perfect gardenia.
Top notes: red berries, pear
Heart notes: white gardenia, frangipani flower
Base notes: patchouli, brown sugar accord
A fabulously fresh floral: Guccis homage to this most charismatic of flowers.
Top notes: violet leaves, peach
Heart notes: tuberose, orange flower, rose
Base notes: cistus (Rock Rose), white cedarwood
A soft rosy floral: Guccis recreation of this most lustrous bloom.
Top notes: freesia, green leaves, citrus zest
Heart notes: peony, magnolia
Base notes: musk, sandalwood, warm chocolate accord
A sophisticated woody floral: Guccis salute to the bountiful violet.
Top note: violet leaves
Heart notes: orris, violet petals
Base note: suede accord
A gloriously juicy fruit: Gucci captures the exhilaration of mandarin.
Top notes: mandarin, peony
Middle notes: jasmine, pina colada accord
Heart notes: ambergris, white musk, creamy wood
The Flora Garden Collection is packaged in a taller incarnation of the original Flora by Gucci design; this loftier bottle is inspired by the stem of a flower.
The flacon repeats the Flora by Gucci familys distinctive hexagon shape with a transparent cap set off by a chic black bow, complete with bamboo tassels alluding to another of the Houses iconic motifs. The Flora font instead is a tribute to founder Guccio Guccis signature.
Each bottle will reveal a different coloured juice be it pale pink, green, blue, violet or yellow; their boxes emblazoned with the corresponding flower from the Flora pattern. The colours and blooms represent the various characteristics of The Flora Garden woman.
Gorgeous Gardenia, Gracious Tuberose and Glamorous Magnolia (in 50 and 100ml) will be widely available. Generous Violet and Glorious Mandarin (100ml only) are exclusive to Gucci stores in a worldwide basis and selected Flagship stores.
- Ruth Mastenbroek talks about her first Eau de Parfum
Currently, there are 404 Active Users (39 Members and 365 Guests)
- › SOTD: Saturday, May 25, 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Just sampled: "Bentley for Men" 3 minutes ago
- › Who prefers the "old" Basenotes website set up?? 6 minutes ago
- › Old School SotD's 7 minutes ago
- › eBay Seller - Universal-Perfume 14 minutes ago
- › [New] Tom Ford Private Blend - Shanghay Lily 17 minutes ago
- › NEXT (uk) Selling their own EDP... 22 minutes ago
- › Tapatalk 26 minutes ago
- › Artisan Parfumeur - Explosion d'Emotions Collection (by Duchaufour)... 34 minutes ago
- › Scents of seduction and magnetizm 41 minutes ago
- › Gentlemen Only by Givenchy, 2013 by rbaker
- › Bandit by Robert Piguet, 1944 by rbaker
- › Goldy by Hayari Parfums, 2012 by beauty4beyond
- › Broderie by Hayari Parfums, 2012 by beauty4beyond
- › Old Spice by Procter & Gamble, 1937 by PerfumeCollector
- › Kobe by Xerjoff by FISS80
- › Memoirs Of A Trespasser by Imaginary Authors by BradW
- › James Bond 007 Ocean Royale by James Bond, 2013 by Zgb
- › Botanical Essence No. 100 by Liz Earle, 2013 by LondonGirl
- › Emir by Martine Micallef, 2010 by Buzzlepuff
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne