Video Interview: Burr on Every Bottle of Perfume Contains a World
Edited on 9/14/12
- Andy Tauer on Tableau de Parfum's Loretta [News from Pitti]Edited on 9/14/12
- We speak with Jeroen Oude Sogtoen of Mona di Orio Parfums [News...Edited on 9/14/12
- Video Interview with Ray Burns of X-Ray Profumo and information...
Alphabetical Article List
Michael Edwards to launch e-book of out-of-print English version of Perfume Legends [News from Pitti]
No perfume fair would be complete without international fragrance expert Michael Edwards, whose daunting task it is to keep track of new realeases both in the niche and mainstream world.
Some upcoming projects from Michael to look out for:
Perfume Legends, probably the best perfume book ever written has been out of print for a number of years (the English version), but will be released in the New Year as an e-book, available through iTunes.
The arduous taks of keeping up with thousands of new releases has taken Michael away from another project in recent years: the sister publication to Perfume Legends, French Feminine Fragrances, was always intended to be a book on American Legends, which would cover the all the American perfume landmarks. This is something that Michael is once again actively working on: "My life got hijacked by all the new fragrances" he jokes, "now I can please myself." The project is always one which has been close to his heart, and has been much awaited by those who appreciated the first title.
Basenotes also got a sneak preview of the artwork for the new Fragrances of the World 2013, which comes out in January. The photographs are of the work of Sydney florist 'Grandiflora'. Every year in spring David Jones, the Australian department store in Sydney has a flower show. This year it gave over its 14 windows to the florist to create works based on Michael Edwards fragrance families - each one, one of the sub-categories in the fragrance wheel.
You can see the window for the Fruity family below, click here to see other pictures from the store's Facebook page.
- Andy Tauer on Tableau de Parfum's Loretta [News from Pitti]
Currently, there are 686 Active Users (57 Members and 629 Guests)
- › Creed Aventus with Black logo real? 13 seconds ago
- › What was your first scent? 3 minutes ago
- › Wondering what's happening to Basenotes? The closest thing to an... 3 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 4 minutes ago
- › FREDERIC MALLE: Which one is the best? 4 minutes ago
- › How do we search fragrance directory? 5 minutes ago
- › Which scent gets you the most female compliments? 7 minutes ago
- › Forum Specific Board Subscription Not Working 10 minutes ago
- › Grungevig's swap - Slumberhouse Sana (discontinued), Jo Malone Lime... 11 minutes ago
- › New Site? No Wardrobes? 13 minutes ago
- › Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford, 2007 by JourneymanDave
- › Danger Pour Homme by Roja Dove, 2011 by Filomele
- › So New York by Bond No. 9, 2003 by Francop
- › Guerlain Homme by Guerlain, 2008 by del
- › Lipizzan by Parfums de Marly, 2010 by leto
- › UR For Men by Usher, 2008 by silentrich
- › Nemo by Cacharel, 1999 by silentrich
- › Halston 101 by Halston, 1984 by LAURENLANDAU
- › M7 by Yves Saint Laurent, 2002 by L'Maison...
- › L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent, 2006 by L'Maison...
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne