Meaning Making in Artistic Perfumery - Lecture by Dr Claus Noppeney...
Edited on 3/29/12
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013Edited on 3/23/13
- Popup Paris : A diamond is hidden in every fifty candles | Esxence...Edited on 3/31/12
- Eight & Bob - a fragrance for JFK and his friends | Esxence News
- topicEsxence Milano 2012
Alphabetical Article List
New Fragrance : Aedes de Venustas | Esxence News
New York perfumery Aedes de Venustas have launched a new signature fragrance. The company have previously created their own fragrances before in collaboration with houses like L'Artisan Parfumeur, but this is the first fragrance they have created alone.
Aedes worked with perfumer Betrand Duchaufour (who created the Aedes de Venustas L'Artisan perfume) to create the fragrance, which has notes of rhubarb, tomato leaf, red currant, chestnut honeysuckle, vetiver and incense.
Speaking to Basenotes at the Esxence fair, Francois Duquesne, who helped the company to commission the fragrance said: "If you know the Aedes shop you will know how gorgeous it is, the rich baroque style. The perfume reflects the shop, everything has been exaggerated - we supercharged the natural ingredients. This perfume is something very special. I asked Bertrand to explain how he made the perfume, but he said 'I can't, I didn't make it in the usual way, it's too constructed.' "
The inspiration for the perfume came from an antique 1920s art glass bottle which one of co-owners of Aedes, Karl Bradl bought in a flea market in the Chelsea area of New York. The bottle served as a muse for him and co-owner Robert Gerstner. The pair plan to release a series of perfumes over the next five years.
The perfume comes as an Eau de Parfum and a Soap, and is available from the Aedes store in New York, Barneys, and other select retailers. The cost is 195 / $225 for 100ml.
- Neela Vermeire previews Ashoka at Esxence 2013
Currently, there are 686 Active Users (63 Members and 623 Guests)
- › What are you eating/drinking? 53 seconds ago
- › SOTD: Saturday, May 25, 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Jovoy Paris - any feedback on this line? now at luckyscent 4 minutes ago
- › Azzaro Pour Homme thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Bulgari BLU Notte for BLU users? 6 minutes ago
- › Black shoe polishing liquid added to pure oud oil 6 minutes ago
- › -> Odorloader's Swap Meet USA <- 8 minutes ago
- › The lilac quest - part two 2013 9 minutes ago
- › Terre d'hermes EDT or EDP for the mineral flint vetiver accord 10 minutes ago
- › Am I the only one who cannot stand the term 'frag'? 10 minutes ago
- › Miracle by Lancôme, 2000 by mariana
- › Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) by Hanae Mori, 1995 by mariana
- › Venezia Uomo by Laura Biagiotti, 1995 by drseid
- › Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal... by rbaker
- › Gentlemen Only by Givenchy, 2013 by rbaker
- › Bandit by Robert Piguet, 1944 by rbaker
- › Goldy by Hayari Parfums, 2012 by beauty4beyond
- › Broderie by Hayari Parfums, 2012 by beauty4beyond
- › Old Spice by Procter & Gamble, 1937 by PerfumeCollector
- › Memoirs Of A Trespasser by Imaginary Authors by BradW
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne