Hermès extend Cologne Collection
Edited on 5/17/13
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-threeEdited on 4/23/13
- Noontide Petals is latest from Andy TauerEdited on 4/15/13
- YS Uzac unveil two new fragrances at Esxence - Interview with...Edited on 4/8/13
- Patricia di Nicolaï previews Amber Oud and Rose Oud | Esxence...Edited on 3/20/13 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
New house, Tom Daxon, launches today at Liberty LondonTom Daxon is a new UK fragrance house which has launched with a range of eight fragrances. The house was founded by Tom Daxon Bowers who has been surrounded by fragrance since birth. His mother, Dale Daxon Bowers, was creative director for Molton Brown for over thirty years, and prior to that worked at Mary Quant Cosmetics.
Tom grew up sniffing his mothers latest creations for Molton Brown and would often travel with her to Grasse to meet with perfume Jacques Chabert.
After his mother retired and Tom finished University. He set about creating his own fragrance line. Obviously he turned to Jacques and his daughter Carla Chabert who he had known since he was four years old.
The house has ignored the idea of focus groups or marketing profiles and told the Chaberts not to worry about cost or whom they were intended for. Tom has said that he chose what he liked the smell of.
Each Eau de Parfum contains between 14-16% fragrance. The oils are blended in Grasse, France and then brought over to the UK where they are left to macerate in alcohol for at least 6 weeks before being bottled.
The eight fragrances are as follows, with a brief description from the house.
"The essence of cologne is that it should be universal; a trusted staple for anyone who simply wishes to smell good. We took this principle and distilled it in every sense of the word to produce an Eau de Parfum strength cologne that lasts all day and allows
the wealth of noble ingredients to shine through."
Notes: Neroli, Bergamot, Tarragon, Green Violet Leaf, Lemon Petitgrain / Jasmine, Lily of the Valley, Givescone / Patchouli, Cypriol
"Some fragrances take you back to familiar places; others can transport you to somewhere totally new. Reverie is like that place in a dream, familiar yet somehow different. At first cool and dry it seems to shift to warm and rich in the same instant as recognizable parts form an abstract whole. Unusual and comforting."
Notes: Artemesia, Rosemary, Ginger, Elemi / Iris / Oudh, Benzoin Siam, Ambroxan, Cypriol
"Takes the clary sage plant as its inspiration; from its soft green scent right down to its velvety leaves. Like lying on lush cool grass on a hot sunny day."
Notes: Grass, Green Violet Leaf, Bergamot, Elemi / Clary Sage, Jasmine / Oakmoss, Cashmeran, White Musks
"A citrus grove warming in the sun. An effervescent, hyper-real citrus top note settles into a base of seductive woods."
Notes: Lemon, Tangerine, Bergamot, Cardamom / Gaiac Wood, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley / Amber, Cedarwood, Sandalwood
"All the notes of leather; amplified. A Lapsang Souchong accord; smoky, dark and delicately spiced combines with a bright heart of jasmine for floral lightness."
Notes : Cardamom, Coriander, Nutmeg / Jasmine, Lapsang Souchong, Gaiac Wood / Leather, Warm Musks
"Constructed around the captivating frankincense, the only ingredient that smells both sensual and ecclesiastical at the same time. As well as embracing its resinous nature with benzoin and cistus, a suede accord was added for heightened tactility."
Notes: Suede Frankincense, Patchouli / Benzoin Siam, Cistus, Ambroxan, Sandalwood, Vetiver
Rather than cognac itself, VSOP recreates an impossibly seductive setting in which it is being drunk. A green citrus top note melts into a simmering warm base of spices, woods, musks and a cognac accord.
"Notes: Bergamot, Geranium, Cognac / Elemi, Pink Pepper, Black Pepper, Ginger, Cinnamon / Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cashmeran, Warm Musks"
"The fragrance equivalent of charcoal coloured cashmere. All the powdery sophistication from the precious iris concrete but with a strong silvery spine."
Notes: Juniper, Angelica, Carrot Seed / Iris /Vetiver, Cedarwood, Iso E Super
The fragrances are available as 50ml Eau de Parfums, and Shower Gels. Tom called upon his mothers extensive experience with body products and the shower gels which contain higher dosages than normal of the same fragrance blends as the EDPs. They are free from Parabens, SLES or ALES, PEG, DEA, TEA, silicones, mineral oil, synthetic colours and phthalates.
Tom Daxon fragrance are available at Liberty in London from today.
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-three
Currently, there are 574 Active Users (47 Members and 527 Guests)
- › Wardrobe Ratings - interim 5 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Monday, May 20, 2013 5 minutes ago
- › Would you purchase an original A*men to mix and wear with Pure Malt... 8 minutes ago
- › Fragrance you like that gets bashed? 10 minutes ago
- › Usernames containing certain letters have suddenly been changed? 11 minutes ago
- › Summer Scent thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › do you really think real fecal are added to fragrance to get the... 12 minutes ago
- › Fragrance directory is terrible 13 minutes ago
- › Reviews? New Reviews?? How to find them? How to get to write them?... 18 minutes ago
- › TAPATALK not working at all. 19 minutes ago
- › Silver Jeans Homme by Roccobarocco, 1995 by littleprince
- › Bois D'Ascèse by Naomi Goodsir, 2012 by jtd
- › Lacoste Challenge by Lacoste, 2009 by OCNBreeze7
- › Original Penguin Reserve by Original Penguin, 2013 by thines01
- › Versace L'Homme by Versace, 1984 by kodepop
- › Arabian Nights by J del Pozo, 2010 by mlsweeney
- › Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein, 2002 by conkhi
- › Ice*Men by Thierry Mugler, 2007 by conkhi
- › A*Men : Les Parfums De Cuir by Thierry Mugler, 2012 by conkhi
- › A*Men : Le Gôut Du Parfum / The Taste Of Fragrance [hot Chili... by conkhi
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne