Hermès extend Cologne Collection
Edited on Yesterday
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-threeEdited on 4/23/13
- Noontide Petals is latest from Andy TauerEdited on 4/15/13
- YS Uzac unveil two new fragrances at Esxence - Interview with...Edited on 4/8/13
- Patricia di Nicolaï previews Amber Oud and Rose Oud | Esxence...Edited on 3/20/13 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
News Special: Maison Francis KurkdjianIn a wood panelled room above Liberty in the heart of London, Francis Kurkdjian leans forward excitedly and reaches for one of the pristine white boxes that are spread out on the table in front of him. This is the man who created one of the most prolific fragrances of the nineties: Le Mâle, at the age of 25, and who has since been the créateur parfumeur behind a succession of internationally renowned fragrances for the likes of Dior (Eau Noire), Elizabeth Arden (Green Tea), Guerlain (Rose Barbare) and Armani (Mania). Today, he presents a range of fragrances which launch his own parfum house: Maison Francis Kurkdjian.
He explains that he doesnt consider Maison to be a brand, or a niche line. It is more personal than that, he has spent a lot of time, and put a lot of his own personality into the range. He likens it to a fashion house, something that can be handed down to future generations.
The box he now holds is sleek, and minimal. But this is just the outer carton, a recyclable box that contains all the fussy small print. Inside, you will find another box, even simpler in design than the first. Here, the only distraction from the clean lines of the beautiful packaging is the modestly printed name: Maison Francis Kurkdjian Paris.
To Kurkdjian, the origin of the fragrances is very important. He stresses that he endeavoured not to outsource any aspect of the fragrances. Even the zinc bottle tops were locally sourced, and he explains that no artificial weight has been hidden in the bottle top. The quality is genuine and speaks volumes. It is clear that this man is a perfectionist, he has overseen every possible element from the typography to the flacon design.
The debut collection consists of seven fragrances, plus some unusual surprises:
Cologne pour le Matin / for the Morning is a fresh citrusy blend of bergamot, lemon, white thyme, lavender and orange flower (200ml Eau de Cologne.)
Cologne de Soir / for the Evening sensually combines benzoin from Siam with Bugarain and Iranian rose honey. (200 Eau de Cologne.)
APOM (A Piece of Me) a subtle mix of orange blossom, cedar wood and ylang ylang flower that has been inspired by the colours and flavours of the middle east. (Available in both 70ml edt for men, and edp for women)
Aqua Universalis is a unisex Eau de Toilette, containing the fresh scent of bergamot and Sicilian lemon, a white bouquet and light musky wood. (200ml Eau de Toilette.)
Lumiere Noire for men contains notes of spiced rose, patchouli and mugwort herb, while Lumiere Noire for Women replaces mugwort with floral notes of narcissus. (70ml edt for men. 70ml edp for women)
The collection also consists of a range of home fragrance sprays, perfumed candles with zinc table protectors, and boxes of perfumed strips of paper ideal for burning as an alternative to incense.
Also available is a laundry detergent and fabric softener fragranced with the clean, fresh scent of Aqua Universalis. Plus a fun gift for children, cold mint or pear perfumed play bubbles. Kurkdjian personally recommends bursting the scented bubbles with the tip of your nose.
The Maison Francis Kurkdjian collection is available exclusively at Liberty London in the UK. Internationally the range is available at the Maison Francis Kurkdjian store in Paris, and selected Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus stores in the USA.
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-three
Currently, there are 631 Active Users (53 Members and 578 Guests)
- › Today i bought; May 2013 48 seconds ago
- › SOTD, Wednesday, May 22 49 seconds ago
- › The Guerlain Cologne Poll 1 minute ago
- › A cologne is a work of art. 4 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Wednesday, May 22nd, 2013 4 minutes ago
- › recieved 2 creed bottles from fragrancenet, terrible 6 minutes ago
- › Wondering what's happening to Basenotes? The closest thing to an... 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Thinking About Buying Next? 11 minutes ago
- › Guess whichFragrance... 12 minutes ago
- › Age 26 - Searching for men's cologne 30 minutes ago
- › Artisan by John Varvatos, 2009 by Augustmooninks
- › Private Label by Jovoy, 2011 by Jamethiel
- › Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler, 2001 by Augustmooninks
- › F Pour Homme by Salvatore Ferragamo, 2007 by OCNBreeze7
- › Bath by Bobbi Brown, 2006 by JulzMarie
- › Sung Homme by Alfred Sung, 1988 by silentrich
- › Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin by Lolita Lempicka, 2000 by ingcamiloforero
- › Patchouli Patch by L'Artisan Parfumeur, 2002 by Tony T
- › Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren, 1993 by del
- › Dehn Al Oud by Al Rehab by GetRich
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne