Hermès extend Cologne Collection
Edited on 5/21/13
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-threeEdited on 4/23/13
- Noontide Petals is latest from Andy TauerEdited on 4/15/13
- YS Uzac unveil two new fragrances at Esxence - Interview with...Edited on 4/8/13
- Patricia di Nicolaï previews Amber Oud and Rose Oud | Esxence...Edited on 3/20/13 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Yohji Yamamoto take us back to the future and beyond
As reported on Basenotes back in November Japanese fashion house Yohji Yamamoto formally announced in Paris this month that they are relaunching a number of fragrances from the line's archives, as well as expanding the line with some new scents.
Yamamoto's first foray in to scents was in 1996 when the company partnered with Jean Patou to launch its debut fragrance. The license was acquired by P&G Prestige in 2001, and expired in 2005.
The brand are relaunching four feminine and two masculine offerings, all of which have been reworked by Givaudan perfumer Olivier Pescheux. Pescheux spoke of "the great weight" of responsibility upon his shoulders as he reformulated the fragrances created over a decade ago by colleagues who taught him the business, but admitted he was very pleased with the results and that he had received positive feedback from the original perfumers.
Pescheux spoke at a store based launch in Paris, which was followed by a Yohji Yamamoto fashion show and an after party in Buddha Bar.
The initial six scents are:
Yohji SensesSweet neroli, lemon, fresh pear, and exotic ylang-ylang blend to deliver a vibrant bouquet complemented by sandalwood and musk, leaving the air filled with hints of fresh cut flowers, fruit and sunlight.YohjiThe Yohji Yamamoto fragrance that started it all, Yohji is soft, alluring and complex. Notes of bergamot, jasmine, and freesia give way to sandalwood and musk, leaving behind a warm, sweetened and beguiling mystery.Yohji EssentialRed comes to life as notes of clove and chamomile coyly play with linden blossom and rose, balancing perfectly with hints of musk and patchouli. This spirited and flowery fragrance evokes a refined strength and sensuality.Yohji YamamotoThe fragrances of jasmine and lily alone are the epitome of femininity. Together, they create the softest, sweetest delight punctuated by a touch of pear and blackcurrant, while a subtle woody blend adds warmth and softness to this delicate array.Yohji HommeYohji Yamamoto's first fragrance for men. Yohji Homme, appeals to the urban denizen and casual nomad in all of us. Black inspired with cardamom, bergamot, and coffee notes that precede a hint of rum, cedarwood and leather, delivering a sophisticated spiced bliss.Yohji Yamamoto HommeInspired by a worldly adventure. Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme is a vibrant and invigorating blend of bergamot, lemon and sage. Harmoniously infused with notes of leather, sandalwood and cedar, this crisp fragrance evokes a decidedly spirited and powerful masculinity.
The initial fragrances will be followed by completely new creations from Pescheux. The initial roll out will begin next month in European markets such as England, Germany and Russia. We will bring you stockist and pricing information as soon as it is available.
- New London-based perfume house, Ex Idolo, launches Thirty-three
Currently, there are 470 Active Users (49 Members and 421 Guests)
- › Does anyone know if Minotaure By Paloma Picasso has really been... 5 minutes ago
- › If you could only have 3 scents it would be.... 6 minutes ago
- › Wondering what's happening to Basenotes? The closest thing to an... 13 minutes ago
- › Amber Narguile 15 minutes ago
- › Album, EP or Song of the Day - May 2013 15 minutes ago
- › Eyeshadow of the day 19 minutes ago
- › What was your first scent? 24 minutes ago
- › Perfume Shops: What to expect? 24 minutes ago
- › SOTD: Friday, May 24th, 2013 26 minutes ago
- › Which designer scents are good in the flower theming? 32 minutes ago
- › Sa Majesté La Rose by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais... by Bal a Versailles
- › Chaleur D'Animale Pour Homme by Animale Parfums, 2000 by SirRaymond
- › Diorissimo by Christian Dior, 1956 by BetsyMeszaros
- › Polo Black by Ralph Lauren, 2005 by vitilsky
- › Armani Code Ultimate by Giorgio Armani, 2012 by thines01
- › Opus IV by Amouage, 2010 by tymanski
- › Charlie Gold by Revlon, 1995 by Shadya
- › Forever And Ever Dior by Christian Dior, 2006 by Shadya
- › Eau De Santal by Floris, 2002 by Marais
- › Vanilla & Cedarwood by Kiehl's, 2012 by BabyWoodRose
- › UK FiFi Award winners 2013 by Grant
- › UK FiFi Awards tonight. by Grant
- › Groups Guidelines by Grant Osborne
- › Buy, Sell, Trade Rules by Grant Osborne
- › Following And Followers by Grant Osborne
- › Search And Advanced Search Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Tagging Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Add A New Item Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Image And Video Tutorial by Grant Osborne
- › Subscription Tutorial by Grant Osborne