Thank you for your interest in writing for Basenotes. We are always looking for new writers to join our award-winning team, whether for one-off or more regular articles.
Basenotes is one of the largest fragrance resources on the internet. Having your article published on Basenotes will expose you to a worldwide audience of fragrance enthusiasts and fragrance professionals alike.
Types of articles that we maybe interested in include:
- Fragrance Shopping Guides (ie shopping in Milan)
- Industry Interviews
- Articles detailing Technological and Scientific Developments
- Fragrance in the Middle East
- Perfume Bottle Collecting
- Home Fragrancing
We are not interested in fragrance reviews as articles.
Please do not contact any individuals or companies (for interviews etc) without clearing it with the editor first.
Requirements for submissions
Unless agreed beforehand, submissions must follow these specifications.
- Word count: 800+ words.
- Must not be an advert for your own business / website / blog.
- Must be all your own work, and give full attribution to any quotes in the text.
- Must be different to content already published by Basenotes.
- Must not be previously published elsewhere.
- Must be in Plain Text, Rich Text, Google Docs, Word or Pages format. No HTML please.
How to submit
Email your article to info @ basenotes dot net. Include with the article: a statement that says it is all your own work, and a short (50 word) biography to accompany your article. (which can include up to two website links). If possible, an author headshot is desirable. You can optionally provide links to your social network accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc
Articles accepted for publication
If your article is accepted for publication we will pay you US$50 or local currency equivalent for it (unless we have agreed a different rate). Payment is made via PayPal unless agreed otherwise.
In exchange for payment we request that you give us unlimited, exclusive rights to the article. Any reproductions of the article, in any form, must be approved by us in writing before the reproduction is published.
BCM Box 1111
Canadian Fragrance Awards Winner
2007-2009, 2011, 2012
Jasmine Award Winner
2008, 2009, 2012.