Through an interactive, multi-sensory study programme, participants develop new design skills, explore the sense of smell, experiment with blending oils and receive their own personal fragrance kit. ‘Design with Scents’ is open to students and professionals from across all creative industries who will benefit from enhancing their projects and learning to communicate an idea to an audience.
This year Design With Scents Alumni return to share their scent projects. They are Advertising Strategist and Beauty Specialist Ada Ooi, Olfactory Artist Kyung Park, Textile Designer Hyoi Kim, Wine journalist Maggie Rosen and Founder of Fifth Sense Duncan Boak.
The course leader is Nicola Pozzani lecturer on Fragrance at Kingston and University of the Arts Bern, Switzerland. Trained by Master Perfumers, he also consults with cross-sector organisations on scent-related projects, globally. He has been a Guest Speaker, amongst others, for the Scent Marketing Institute (US) and the British Society of Perfumers (UK). www.ssense-perfume.com￼
Guest tutors are Joanna Norman, graduate of the Royal College of Art, Lecturer at Kingston University MA Fashion, and John Ayres, whose professional pedigree encompasses research chemistry, fragrance creation, development, marketing and sales. They have over 50 years experience of the fragrance industry between them gained from leading roles within market leaders International Flavours and Fragrances and Givaudan. They are co-founders of the fragrance consultancy Pandora.
Design with Scents 5-day Workshop
- 14-18 July 2014 10.00-4.00pm
- Tutors: Nicola Pozzani, Joanna Norman & John Ayres.
- Course fee: £590, inclusive of perfume kit.
- Book and pay online - www.kingston.ac.uk/designbookonlineShort Course Unit, Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture, Kingston University, Knights Park, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 2QJ. Tel: 020 8417 4066
- Email: email@example.com website: www.kingston.ac.uk/fada
- The course is non-residential, and limited to 15 places only. Accommodation can be provided at the Halls of residence by logging onto www.universityrooms.co.uk using the promotional code SCUSS2012.
Photography: Ezzidin Alwan, Web and Multimedia Team, Kingston University.