• New men's fragrance: Kanøn Norwegian Wood


    Palm Beach Beauté, the company which acquired the rights to produce the classic Kanøn fragrance in 2008, has announced a new version of the men's scent, set to launch in 2010. The new fragrance is named Kanøn Norwegian Wood.

    Palm Beach Beauté describe the new scent as:

    ...soothing woods and calming aromatics; a man’s fragrance close to the source.

    With its famed brand signature of highly-defined masculine character Kanøn for Men introduces Kanøn Norwegian Wood. A new man’s scent which calms the soul through a specialized mix of perfectly-blended warm, natural woody essences. Impossible to resist and in one movement a perfect state of natural harmony and masculine presence.

    The original Kanøn fragrance was launched in 1966 by Scannon.

    Share:

    Comments 16 Comments
    1. Dimitrios's Avatar
      Dimitrios -
      this is great news !
    1. Grant's Avatar
      Grant -
      Yes, I'm looking forward to sniffing it.
    1. the_good_life's Avatar
      the_good_life -
      ...isn't it good Norwegian Wood?
    1. silverbullet's Avatar
      silverbullet -
      Does Neiman, Saks, or Sephora carry it ?
    1. Grant's Avatar
      Grant -
      @silverbullet. I don't think anyone carries it yet. Will update if/when I find out.
    1. Dr_Rudi's Avatar
      Dr_Rudi -
      Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
      ...isn't it good Norwegian Wood?
      Wait for the flanker 'This Bird Has Flown' ...
    1. Tubamann's Avatar
      Tubamann -
      I wonder if Palm Beach Beauté has realized that "kanøn" doesn't mean anything in norwegian... The closest you get is "kanon" which means "cannon" or "incredibly drunk". Why not "tre" (wood), "bjørk" (birch) or "skog" (forest)?
    1. miyeke's Avatar
      miyeke -
      waiting to get it
    1. furrypine's Avatar
      furrypine -
      For a Norwegian the name looks like a spelling mistake. If they plan on launching it in the Scandinavian countries they better get rid of the slash thru the O, at least then it makes (some) sense.
    1. Sorcery of Scent's Avatar
      Sorcery of Scent -
      Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
      For a Norwegian the name looks like a spelling mistake. If they plan on launching it in the Scandinavian countries they better get rid of the slash thru the O, at least then it makes (some) sense.
      Kanøn in Danish means "Canoe"... perhaps "Norwegian Canoe Wood"?
      Kanøn in Swedish means "Gun".... weirder still...
      And doesn't Kanøn in Norwegian mean "Canon"??

      Yeah, I think this is just a bunch of logo and packaging creatives throwing random " / 's " (slashes) around in an attempt to make the whole design aesthetic more Scandinavian. And we Northerners are left scratching our heads... lol!
    1. Surfacing's Avatar
      Surfacing -
      This sounds kinda cool.
    1. Grant's Avatar
      Grant -
      Kanøn in Danish means "Canoe"
      Maybe it was a nod to Dana's Canoe!
    1. Pollux's Avatar
      Pollux -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
      Kanøn in Danish means "Canoe"... perhaps "Norwegian Canoe Wood"?
      Kanøn in Swedish means "Gun".... weirder still...
      And doesn't Kanøn in Norwegian mean "Canon"??

      Yeah, I think this is just a bunch of logo and packaging creatives throwing random " / 's " (slashes) around in an attempt to make the whole design aesthetic more Scandinavian. And we Northerners are left scratching our heads... lol!
      This is called "linguistic fetishism", these kind of brands do not convey any linguistic meaning, just associations with the countries where that language is spoken. Thus, in this context don't ask for any meaning for "Kanøn".
    1. kbe's Avatar
      kbe -
      So...sort of a Norweigan Would? I am going to try it based on Grant's post
    1. Doctor Mod's Avatar
      Doctor Mod -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
      This is called "linguistic fetishism", these kind of brands do not convey any linguistic meaning, just associations with the countries where that language is spoken. Thus, in this context don't ask for any meaning for "Kanøn".
      Sort of like Häagen-Dazs.

      And it's not just linguistic fetishism but also Beatles fetishism. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Norway, nothing to do with canoes, nothing to do with the Beatles. Just a name with all sorts of allusory resonances for customer appeal.

      "Calms the soul?" "A perfect state of natural harmony and masculine presence?" Somehow, I don't think that's what the song is all about....
    1. speakerwire's Avatar
      speakerwire -
      Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
      Does Neiman, Saks, or Sephora carry it ?
      It's carried by some of the online fragrance stores (fragrancex etc.).



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000