• 4711 launches 'Nouveau Cologne' today: 4.7.11

    4711 are using today, 4th July 2011 (4.7.11) to launch their new fragrance Nouveau Cologne. (If you are in the US, the date format sadly doesn't work). The new fragrance is a modern twist on the 200 year old original formula.

    The fragrance contains notes of evodia, yuzu, lychee, blackcurrant, geranium, peony, heliotrope, sandalwood, tonka and white musk.

    The fragrance will be available in both mass and selective distribution, and will be priced slightly higher than the original. 4711 Nouveau Cologne is available as 50ml,100ml and 150ml Eau de Cologne, deodorant, body spray, body lotion and shower gel.

    We will be featuring an interview with 4711's director of fragrances, Alexandra Kalle - plus a report from the UK launch event - in the next few days.

    Categories:

    1. 4711

    Share:

    Comments 15 Comments
    1. the_good_life's Avatar
      the_good_life -
      So it's Granny's cheap synthetics vs. modern cheap synthetics? I think they had better give up on trying to freshen up the image of 4711, every attempt in the last forty years has failed miserably.
    1. Persolaise's Avatar
      Persolaise -
      So... wearing it will make you think you're in a VERY bad James Bond title sequence??
    1. d4N13L's Avatar
      d4N13L -
      Expect it lasts for more than 1 hour
    1. d4N13L's Avatar
      d4N13L -
      Also, for the Ad, it will be launched as a "Female cologne"?
    1. Grant's Avatar
      Grant -
      Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
      Also, for the Ad, it will be launched as a "Female cologne"?
      It's a unisex, but the initial marketing does seem to be aimed at women
    1. Valerie's Avatar
      Valerie -
      I've heard of drowning yourself in fragrance but this is ridiculous.
    1. Nukapai's Avatar
      Nukapai -
      Somehow, the idea that 4711 is trying to be fine fragrance really irritates me; I always have a bottle of the original cologne around and think of it as a nice, refreshing splash to cool down and clean hands when traveling. I guess I'm just old-fashioned (or old! ).
    1. Nymphaea's Avatar
      Nymphaea -
      This sounds really nice to me! I still love the original and always keep several bottle around for quick splashing too. Can't wait to try the new scent. I have never heard of the 'evodia' note before; apparently is like black pepper. So that should be interesting!
    1. Primrose's Avatar
      Primrose -
      Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
      So it's Granny's cheap synthetics vs. modern cheap synthetics? I think they had better give up on trying to freshen up the image of 4711, every attempt in the last forty years has failed miserably.
      I could not have said this better. Ditto for the comment on "fine fragrance." It is what it is.
    1. the_good_life's Avatar
      the_good_life -
      I tried it today at the pharmacy. It is a godwaful, nose-clogging, 100% synthetic piece of low-end perfume trash, a synthetic floral-aquatic smelling like the worst kind of air-freshener, febreze product or aggressive fabric softener. Functional perfumery all the way. DIS-GUS-TING.
    1. adonis's Avatar
      adonis -
      What an ad. At least it wasn't in B&W. I know this is going to date me, but the tat on the model's arm is tacky.
    1. Kevin Guyer's Avatar
      Kevin Guyer -
      Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
      I tried it today at the pharmacy. It is a godwaful, nose-clogging, 100% synthetic piece of low-end perfume trash, a synthetic floral-aquatic smelling like the worst kind of air-freshener, febreze product or aggressive fabric softener. Functional perfumery all the way. DIS-GUS-TING.
      So, you're not crazy about it.
    1. sioned's Avatar
      sioned -
      Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
      Somehow, the idea that 4711 is trying to be fine fragrance really irritates me; I always have a bottle of the original cologne around and think of it as a nice, refreshing splash to cool down and clean hands when traveling. I guess I'm just old-fashioned (or old! ).
      quite..... i use it as a menopausal cool stick HA!!
    1. Attar's Avatar
      Attar -
      I used to work in a retirement home so i know all about 4711 because all the old ladies would wear it lol..and for a long time i used to think that the original was an old forgotten classic that was just way before my time.

      I have yet to sample this new one but the original i thought was very clean and bright but maybe too clinical for a perfume fragrance it also reminded me a bit of those refreshing hot towels you get on long haul flights.
    1. Kevin Guyer's Avatar
      Kevin Guyer -
      I just got a chance to try it, and I agree with the_good_life's assessment.



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000