Body Odour - or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Musk

20th June, 2008

Some years ago, I used to work in an office with a guy who didn't wash. There is no subtle way of saying this: he stank.

The odour of a human body is complicated. It's not all armpits and stale sweat; most of your pheromones are produced by the oil glands on the scalp, and my old colleague had oil glands aplenty. There is (excuse me for the indelicacy) that groiny smell particular to men - women have their own smell too. And there are feet, and farts, and untold grotty things trapped in bodily crevices. My ex-colleague announced himself with a loud smell before he entered the room, and stayed there for a long time after he'd left.

Oddly, we're very shy about smelling and being smelled. Nobody ever mentioned to Mr Nosetrembler that he had a problem, for fear of upsetting him and embarrassing themselves. Instead, the desk next to him just remained empty, while everyone else brewed excessive amounts of fresh coffee, wore a lot of cologne and kept the windows open. For years. It's the same modern instinct that has us larding on the deodorant in the morning, using air freshener in the bathroom and soaking the bedsheets in Febreze fabric conditioner. Body smells are simply not the done thing these days, so much so that we can't talk about them in polite company, and perfumery is one of the places you can look to for proof. Just look at how we're constructing fragrances - since the 1990s, Calone, a synthetic molecule which has an oh-so-clean ozonic, marine scent completely unlike any beach you've ever been to, has become boringly ubiquitous. In large measure, this is because we think it makes us smell fresh and clean. (Think L'Eau d'Issey, Calvin Klein Escape, Kenzo pour Homme, Aquawoman by Rochas and so on.)

When I was a child, my brother and I had a He-Man doll - yes, I know you men like to call them figurines, but face it; they're dolls - called Stinkor, who came packaged with a little comic called 'The Stench of Evil'. Stinkor was not a favourite of our mother, who demanded we went into another room before playing with him. He had a scratch-and-sniff patch on his front which released an overwhelming musky reek. It was terrible and glorious. Of course, we scratched and sniffed again, and again, and again, until poor old Stinkor wore a hole in his chest. Something odd was going on here; Stinkor smelled dreadful, but his musky tang was strangely addictive. Human body smells, like those of my old colleague, can be horrifying once they've fermented and aged a little. It makes us forget that in other circumstances, like Stinkor's, they can also be fascinating, exciting, dangerous, beautiful and even sexy. I've one friend who loves it when his wife is pregnant, "because she smells like puppies". Another friend will only date men with hairy chests, "because I love the smell". (Why do people only ever admit these things when drunk?) And you've all heard about Napoleon's short but lustful battlefield message to Josephine reading: "Am returning in three days. Don’t wash."

Happily for those of us who are brave enough, there are still fragrances out there that don't try to overwhelm or hide our own odours - they pick the best parts and heighten them in dizzy combinations with other ingredients. Caron's Narcisse Noir has a musky, civety base under its heady orange blossom (try to get hold of an old bottle; there seems to have been a reformulation lately which has dampened down the best of the musk). Applied with a light touch, it will make you feel like a 1920s flapper, dancing on tables with no knickers. Use too much and, as I overheard a disgusted younger woman complain in the Caron boutique in Paris, you'll smell like the wrong end of a cat.

Some of the most exciting musks are in older fragrances, and as with Narcisse Noir, many of these have been reformulated because of worries about modern taste, photosensitivity, ingredient scarcity (no large-production fragrances use real ambergris these days) and cost. Eighteenth and 19th-century perfumes were often, according to diarists and the formulae which have come down to us, musky to a degree that simply wouldn't be acceptable today. Cue a sigh of relief from the rock-badger, deer and civet, whose glandular squeezings were employed before chemists started to synthesise musk and civet. People used to drench themselves in musks. When Napoleon decided he'd had enough of Josephine (perhaps she was washing too much) and replaced her with the violet-loving Duchess of Parma, Josephine left a pungent reminder of herself by soaking the fabric-covered walls of her rooms with bottle after bottle of a musk and civet concoction created for her by Houbigant, leaving the rooms unusable. Rancé produced a fragrance for Napoleon himself which you can smell for yourself - it's recently been re-released under the name Le Vainqueur, and it's a musky, civety stinkbomb of trousery masculinity. I don't know many men who could carry it off comfortably today.

Musk-heavy perfumes survived well into the 20th century, with standouts like Schiaparelli's 1937 Shocking (still in production, but better in the vintage version). It's a resolutely sexual fragrance, with its curvaceous bottle and almost uncomfortably animalic civet/oakmoss base. This was still a time without deodorant and before biological washing powders and the daily shower ritual; Shocking conjures up images of a woman comfortable with her natural scent, and aware of how fatally men react to it. Sweat-smells and sex-smells are not as disgusting as the deodorant marketers would have you believe. You don't recoil from them as you would from, say, aging banana peels or long-dead fish. But we're so unused to them these days that a woman wearing Shocking (as one voluptuously sexy lady I know did for her wedding last year) can make you turn your head with surprise - and, yes, shock - at her sheer olfactory presence. Bal a Versailles was considered unusual at its release in 1962, by which date people had started using Dial soap and gargling with Listerine. It has a deep, close musky base, which has the very peculiar effect of extending your sense of body-space by a few inches. Suddenly, other people in the room feel very close by. Even the fabric of your clothes feels thicker. And you feel bold, feminine and breathtakingly present.

By the 1980s, musks had been toned down and softened to such an extent that the Body Shop's White Musk was perfectly acceptable on young girls. I remember wearing it when I was about 12 to no comment at all. Imagine Shocking, Narcisse Noir or Bal a Versailles on a girl of the same age - they'd be unthinkable. Vulgar. Inappropriate.

Of course, perfumers are still producing very musk-heavy fragrances today, but some of these seem more in the line of perfume-as-art-form than really genuinely wearable. Serge Lutens' Muscs Koublai Khan (part of the exclusive collection and only available at the Paris boutique) can, with light application, be fabulously sexy, but is also fabulously weird. There is something brashly testicular and bloody about it - it's like sniffing the Khan's still-moist saddle, splashed with the blood of his enemies, and the sweat and drippings of his loins, after a week's busy pillaging. It's wonderful, but you can't imagine it selling well in a mall. Musc Ravageur, from Frederic Malle's Editions de Parfums, is a clever piece of perfume art - on the skin it is sweaty, round and overtly sexual, but also soft, vanillic and somehow sweet and comfortable. The strong impression of a musk which is bold yet gentle is created by some extraordinarily deft blending.

Don't fear body-smells. In the course of writing this, I've been dabbing most of the fragrances named above on bits of spare skin. The musk in the room has built up to such a degree that I can almost hear my mother's voice telling me I smell like a brothel. That voice might be right, but it's a fabulously expensive, glamorous, velvet, suede and ostrich-feather type of brothel, and I think it smells just wonderful.

About the author: Liz Upton

Liz Upton is a freelance journalist based in Cambridge, UK. She writes mainly on food, opera and cosmetics, and has a collection of more than 100 fragrances. Her food blog, Gastronomy Domine has been featured by the BBC and the Telegraph

• tigrushka | 20th June 2008 10:26

Great stuff! :thumbsup:

This article reminds me: when I visited Tartu, Estonia a couple of weeks ago, I was nothing less than thrilled to run into people whose sweat I could smell. This almost never happens here in Finland (or any other Scandinavian or "we believe in antiperspirant" country). I don't mean that everyone should let go when it comes to taking care of their personal hygiene, but perhaps we are sometimes overdoing the cleanliness-godliness bit. Some people's sweat smells actually great, not to mention seductive. :wink:

• knightowl | 20th June 2008 10:34

I have yet to run into these people in my life-time :D.

• tigrushka | 20th June 2008 10:37

Not even a Special Someone? :confused:

• knightowl | 20th June 2008 10:40

Other than my dear wife, of course :thumbsup:.

• Aiona | 20th June 2008 10:54

Special someone? I don't mind a nice day-old sweat smell, but I do not like

1. fungus-y feet smell, NO. Absolutely not.

2. three-day stale urine, sweat, and skid-mark camper smell

3. really sharp cumin-y B.O.

Having said that, once on a road trip, my boyfriend and I stopped at a motel for the night on our way to Myrtle Beach, and the motel office smelled of sandalwood to me. It was intoxicating. I asked the guy at the front desk what he was wearing and he looked at me funny, and said he wasn't wearing anything. After we left the office, my boyfriend said, "What were you talking about in there? Couldn't you tell he was embarrassed? He reeked of body odor!"

I was like, "Huh?"

He didn't smell like any body odor I'd ever encountered.

• ubuandibeme | 20th June 2008 12:29

Some people have body chemistry that turns gamey sooner than most...:eek:...I prefer daily bathing ~ for everybody!

• chaoskitty | 20th June 2008 13:09

I'm not a fan of BO (on me or anyone else), but I do find the number of people who smell of nothing at all really weird. All these anti-perspirants that stop even the slightest bit of sweat and then body creams that mask everything, it's creepy, like the undead (not Zombie style undead because they'd reek, I mean vampires et al).

I'd much rather be in a room with someone who smelled of sweaty human than someone who has no smell at all.

• Sillage6 | 20th June 2008 16:08

Liz Upton has a wonderful style of writing and hit's the proverbial 'oil' on it's head!

Thank you for sharing your 'animal' musings! Look forward to reading more!

Marian Bendeth

• illyria | 20th June 2008 16:18

That was an interesting article - thanks!

I don't mind fresh sweat smell at all, but stale sweat and that unwashed smell, ugh. Same with stinky feet (which, actually, can be due to a fungus infection. So a person whose feet reek of gorgonzola despite washing, foot powder and clean cotton socks, ought to see a doctor).

I live in London, and trust me, anyone who WANTS to smell sweat and BO need only go on the tube, expecially in rush hour! You would soon be disabused of the notion that everyone showers daily and uses deodorant. Mind you, it only takes one dirty person to stink out a carriage....

I agree that people's body smells can differ dramatically. I know a man who doesn't deodorise, but he smells pleasant even after a hard day's work.

On the other hand, a guy in a gym I used to use absolutely reeked, even though I think he showered etc. Something in that man's body chemistry made his sweat smell really awful. It was a sickly, nauseating, penetrating reek, one could tell he'd been there for hours afterward. I used to avoid working out near him if I could - he would raise his arms to pull down weights, and I'd throw up in my mouth!

It wasn't dirt, nor something he ate (I can't imagine what one would have to eat to produce that stink). He really had a problem. Well, I say HE did - everyone around him had the problem, as he seemed blithely unaware of it! You've guessed - nobody ever told him.....

I like some 'skanky' musks, including MKK and the CB one. Though I wouldn't necessarily wear them alone, I do layer with them. My favourite musk perfume is 'L'air de Rien'. I must have a high tolerance for skank, since I don't think it smells 'dirty' at all (no, I'm not anosmic to anything - I can smell L'Antimatiere, which plenty of people can't).

• Hoos | 20th June 2008 16:53

I may be a lone voice in the wilderness on this, but I don't think BO (the good kind) is objectionable. I think it's off-putting because we're not used to it and because it is intimate. I really don't need to smell the scent of sex on my co-workers or random strangers. Sure, there are folks with chemistry that's just overpoweringly strong and folks who feel, for whatever reason, that bathing doesn't need to be a regular ritual. Diet also has an impact - the guy that eats a raw onion a day for health reasons is expressing quite a different scent than if he didn't.

The ideal of cleanliness (as in being clean, not necessarily smelling clean) was one huge step in improving mankind's health and well-being. We (thinking specifically of America since that's where I live and speaking in generalizations that have some basis in fact) have swung too far away from simply being clean, though. We now are being sold (and buying) soap that kills 99.9% of anything "bad". Not that the soap knows what's bad or what isn't. Or that the really bad things can develop resistance. Modern marketing makes it unclear to me if our homes and our bodies are meant to be odor-free or meant to smell like a freshly rained upon violet on a warm summer morn. I only know it shouldn't smell like liver-and-onions; raw, passionate sex; or of bodily eliminations (even ever so slightly). Which is a shame. Why does Febreze give me a headache while those scents don't?

I'm not anti-fragrance. I'm a member and wear my share of frags. But I also enjoy the natural smells of people and their homes. But we overclean ourselves, then overdose on scents: we have scented soaps, scented shampoo, scented deodorant, body sprays, colognes, EdTs. And a number of good folks use and wear those things. At the same time. To my nose, that's worse than the funkiness of someone who just skips a day of bathing. It's just chemical sensory overload.

The natural smell of someone I love and enjoy intimacy with can be a tremendous aphrodisiac. Even when that smell is a day old and sweaty. The smells of my family members have a comforting "this is your tribe" kind of effect.

In regards to the article, it just strikes me as antithetical to use another animal's natural scent to cover one's own - as she describes it. Not in the sense of not using frags that contain civet or musk. But I much prefer the human musk to the musk ox musk or civet. If used in moderation (which differs wildly from person to person), they can enhance a person's own natural scent. But many people seem to consider "is half a bottle enough?" to be a not unnatural question when applying fragrance.

But, for one person anyway, there is one rule of thumb for both fragrances and natural body odors: a little goes a long way.

• turquoisewater | 20th June 2008 17:05

I'm not a fan of body odor, but once in a great while, I'll smell that sharp cumin-y b.o. (mentioned by Aiona) and think it smells very sexy. Same goes with the stale, oily, sebum smell. Ugh, most of the time I can't stand it but sometimes it's okay. I've often wondered if it has to do with simple person-to-person chemistry; some you have a compatible or complimentary chemistry with and some you do not.

• seattlelight | 20th June 2008 17:40

That whole article made me throw up in my mouth.

Pile on the bleach and deodorizers. That's how I like it - except in intimate settings, of course -but the rest of you can keep your natural smell to yourselves and away from me, thank you so much.

Predominant musk scents I associate with "high school girl trying hard to be sexy". Not a bad thing, in that context, but outside that context, a "don't do" in my book.

• Lian | 20th June 2008 18:03

I worked with a guy in the office, I asked him to not sit next to me because his BO was giving me a headache. He said ´oh I guess its time I shower then´. That is not acceptable.

I know a guy who doesnt wear deodorant and he can get away with it, because he showers daily and wear fresh clothes. You don´t notice it until you get really close to him that he doesn´t smell of ´fresh chemical´. The guy above didn´t do that and it was just horrible.

I think you need to be aware of how bad or good you smell without deodorant before you decide not to wear any, and your other hygene routines have to be pretty good to pull it off.

I prefer not to smell anything then to smell something horrible like bad BO. You don´t need deodorant to remove any human smell, just to hide the worst of it. If people come close to you they should smell someone human...just not when they casually sit next to you.

• Renaissance_Man | 20th June 2008 19:10

Thank you Liz. Wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable writing as always!

• Indie_Guy | 20th June 2008 19:49

Great article. I loved the part about the He-Man figure Stinkor! I laughed my ass off, because my brothers and I used to have He-Man figures and we used to call each other "Stinkor" as a friendly insult.

If I could make one suggestion though for modern society, I'd like to see a return to the bidet.

• Heartwood | 20th June 2008 23:52

This is an interesting thought! I personally don't care at all for that cumin-y odor a few people have, but I love the way Dear Husband smells behind his ears and at the nape of his neck first thing in the morning before he showers. It's a little like freshly baked bread. In fact, I've really liked the natural scent of all my favorite exes. Perhaps our different scents go way back to the earliest eras of tribal societies and recognizing who "belongs" and who doesn't.

• kopah | 23rd June 2008 19:06

Seriously - everyone should bathe daily. I would much rather have everyone be clean, and miss out on the occasional person who smells great unwashed (ha!), than have everyone be unclean, and be exposed to the far greater number of people who reek when unwashed. In my experience, the vast majority of people with detectable body odour do not smell good.

On a related note: does anyone know Shi, by Alfred Sung? It smells amazingly like the good kind of unwashed.

• rtamara41 | 24th June 2008 01:19

enjoyed the article very much, it inspired me to pull out my Musc Ravageur, Jicky and Bandit during the past three days and have a bit of a roll in the muck, in a manner of speaking.

• purplebird7 | 24th June 2008 15:16

[SIZE="3"]Stinkor was great!

Healthy people with fresh sweat smell good.

Sickly people can smell pretty bad.

Problem is, even on healthy people, sweat turns old quickly, and I think the chemicals change.

Old sweat smells bad--on clothes, in gyms, in subways.

Once it goes from salty to skunky, it's time to wash.

• anamari | 24th June 2008 20:34

Absolutely loved this article. Very humorous and enlightening at the same time.

Although I don't like BO, I can tell you one smell that I used to love when my kids were little:

when little kids spend the day outside and it's warm and they come back in the house, they smell musty, sweaty, sweet. For whatever reason, I always used to tell them they smelled of birds' nests, why I don't know because I've never smelled a bird's nest.

• weylin | 24th June 2008 22:23

Count me in the clean as a vampire group. Perspiration never smells good, it's caused by bacteria.

Fresh sweat after working outside is not nearly as stinky.

When in doubt, BATHE! I'm with seattlelight on this one. There's no such thing as "too clean".

If you think you like body odor, try going to an all-day outdoor concert (i.e. The Rolling Stones). I still remember the stench back in 1981!!!

• Marcello | 25th June 2008 09:01

Great article, thanks! Loved the part about Stinkor too :)

• Alicka61 | 25th June 2008 13:37

briefly - BO can be best aroma ever (fresh sweat of my DH) otherwise it is mostly nauseating experience where only shower helps as required - if once or five times a day depends on many factors - metabolism, food, age, health, etc.

I have old sweat on people and run away of them.

• Therese | 25th June 2008 15:07

It is so interesting how diverse views can be among fragrance-loving people. Anamari, I too enjoyed the smells of my children when they were young: their scalps, their necks, their cheeks, their breath.

I do not like the smell of the long-unbathed. It is hard to generalize, because everyone produces different body odors. I nice sweat on a sunny day may be alluring, but then again, it depends on who you are.

• Magnifiscent | 25th June 2008 16:20

Exact Tigs! :thumbsup:

It's a very nice article specially coming here after loads of posts about body odor, animalic notes, urinal cakes etc etc and having some of them still going on. Body odor is part of ourself, it's part of our own identity, it's a product of what we eat, drink, do and don't do, and has to deal of course with our beasty and sexual side, and that's why in some cultures people are particular unconfortable with it trying to scrub it as more as possible, trying to cancel even the last traces of what's biasedly considered the evil, sinful, irrational part of us.

• JenDF | 30th June 2008 15:18

Liz, I really enjoyed this article. I love the part about Stinkor! You so nicely describe how a scent can be both awful and alluring at the same time.

I used to wear a very hippie-dippy perfume oil called Krishna Musk and a guy I dated once told me it smelled like "pretty girl sweat," which seemed to hit the nail right on the head.

• Night | 30th June 2008 20:53

Excellent article Lizz ! I love it.

I've been brought up in Africa where odours are stronger, amplified. BO can be terrible or terrific, but to me, they are all of interrest.

• jimmyfresno | 2nd July 2008 23:46

I loved this topic and review of related fragrances. Like some commenters here, I have a very high tolerance and even a sort of appreciation for body odor, but since it is so connected with sexuality, the person who exudes it is 9/10ths of the allure. It also has to do with the gender of the person; the smell of the gender to which we may not be attracted can be a real turn-off. A heavy person's perspiration can actually breed mildewy scent, which is a smell i cannot abide. But overall, I think we are so politically correct now that we have had to de-sexualize public and workplaces.

While civet is, in high concentration, almost a fecal smell, there are other notes like cumin and even cassia that have crotchy overtones that I like. The macrocyclic musks we are used to really aren't body odors in my opinion. MKK merely uses cumin and spice that "rides" on a pretty simple musk. True deer musk is almost urine-like in its smell, but offers a vehicle on which other notes can travel. Even labdanum has some notes that seem to have a tangy, crotchy odor in some regards.

I'm going to look for Le Vainqueur and L'air de Rien after this great review.

• lookingglass | 21st July 2008 03:16

Oh, I LOVED Stinkor! I liked the way he smelled! LOL!

I don't like fakey clean smells (aka aquatics, cleaning supplies). Now I don't like the smell of old skid marked gym shorts, either, but I think there is a happy medium!

• Mattybumpkin | 2nd August 2008 21:04

B.O. due to working out, having just mowed the lawn, etc. is acceptable to me since it is a short-term "clean" B.O. But "long-term" B.O. due to a lack of "proper grooming" is just disgusting......

• ruachroi | 8th August 2008 08:44

For me there is a huge difference in a sexy, "in from a long hot day at work doing manly things" and the "GOOD LORD! Do you sleep in a pile of decaying fish!?" smelll. I think its all in body chemistry and people should go to better lengths to discuss which kind of BO they have with their loved ones.

One of my guilty pleasures or morbid fascination (not sure which is the best term) is the smell of sports equipment after it gets good and rank. Its gross and comforting at the same time. At least I know I'm not so crazy after reading this :)

• glitteralex | 21st November 2008 07:30

I found it fascinating that people found this article so liberating- now free to say that we, too, love BO!

So, thus liberated, I will comment that new BO is very sexy-that is, it says I have just exercised, had sex, wrestled a lion, etc. Someone who moves and sweats is a healthy person. Extended periods of not washing indicate the opposite, however- that one may be ill, or overworked, or unconcerned. And let's be clear-BO is very different from pee and poo, which all healthy animals leave behind as soon as possible.

Also, BO is subjective-I love the smell of my husband, my daughter, and my (admittedly stinky) wolfdogs.

Finally, it's all about food. Yucky, fake food makes yucky smells.

My favorite stinker scents are La Nuit and Tenere by Paco Rabanne and Moments by Priscilla Presley. They have the base notes, but are politely melded with some floral and herbal/citrus notes.

• Leesee | 21st November 2008 08:30

Great article and great postings. I agree with so much of what has already been said on both (or even more than both) sides of the fence but I do want to share a quick story of my own:

Years ago I was in a health food store with a friend of mine, when I noticed the thickest, heaviest stink I had encountered in a good long while -- it was like liquid fart. I turned to my friend, and, in a voice I thought was a whisper said, "What on earth is that smell?" Well, she turned red, red, red -- so I immediately thought "Dear God, is it HER?" After we left the store, I found out that she was blushing not because she was the stinky one, but because she thought that the actual stinky person, who happened to be a very, very famous rock musician who had been looking at vitamins in the next aisle, had overheard me. I said something along the lines of, "I don't care if he heard me, he needs to take a bath!" And she turned red again because he had just exited the store right behind us.

• Sorcery of Scent | 21st November 2008 08:50

I really enjoyed Liz Upton's article (love her writing style), but this one line perplexes me:

I don't know if Liz has been sampling from the wrong bottle (or perhaps even the cooking sherry), but Le Vainqueur is FAR from a musty old trouserbomb. I bought and own it because it is a wonderfully fresh scent, much in the same strain as Paul Smith Extreme or Penhaligon's Quercus. Very odd remark indeed!

Top: Mediterranean citrus fruits, melon, watermelon

Mid: ginger, nutmeg, sea breeze, jasmine, lily of the valley, lavender, geranium

Base: leather, iris wood, ambergris, musk

• Chestnut | 21st November 2008 23:59

Anamari -- "birds' nests" is really enchanting. I totally love this!

Children's sweat is not offensive in the same way, even if kids often don't bathe much and can get pretty stinky. Maybe we tend to feel more familiar with kids.

I have a problem with the muttony smell of human sebum, which you can definitely smell in a Paris metro, for some reason, and not in New York. It may be a reaction to smelling a mass human odor and not an individual. But fresh sweat or even a faint hint of bedroom-y staleness on an attractive person is okay by me.

• ltaraleigh | 31st December 2008 00:41

I love this topic! I just replied to a thread yesterday re: scent and your partner. The jist was if neither of you enjoys the other's you go without it? Especially if you think you might "get lucky"? My boyfriend is not into perfume at all. He loves my natural smell. Seriously, I think he has a sniffing fettish. He sniffs me at least 20 times a day...usually my hair...which he prefers unwashed for a couple of days. So, I forego wearing fragrance most of the time that I am with him. Bummer for me.

Another interesting thing that I learned in either Microbiology or Physiology is that we are most attracted to people who have the opposite scent from us. The whole pheromone thing. I was just wondering the other day if what we eat contributes to our scent because I think my natural odor smells like chocolate. I probably eat at least 4-5 chocolate bars a day. Always have, always will.

Thanks for the article!

• Ursula | 10th February 2010 01:06

As a courtesy to others I am in favor of a shower in the morning - the usual civilized all-american ritual. Then, please, apply only one type of scent, either body lotion or cologne of the same label - and stay with this for the day. No exotic mixtures:

they will fight each other.

Then, at the moment that some exciting happening will rush your adrenaline and make you break out into a sweat, it most probably can only be our own natural clean odor, topped off with whatever label you chose and trusted to make your scent companion.

For private moments, the same "rules" but instead of choosing as above cited a "trusted" perfume, you can go as far as your imagination will lead you and put on the most expensive potion you cherish ...

• out of smoke | 5th November 2011 02:51

I don't even like my own B.O. Why would I like others?