A walk through Esxence Milan 2010

30th March, 2010

A quick walk through the Esxence Milan 2010 Fragrance Exhibition on the first day. Eagle-eyed viewers may spot Erwin Creed and Tom Marsh - descendants of the founders of the houses of Creed and Floris respectively.

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos

About the author: Grant Osborne

Grant Osborne is the founder and editor of Basenotes. Grant has two children, and a dependence on tea, haribo and bacon.

Website: http://www.grantosborne.com

Comments

• Candy Perfume Boy | 30th March 2010 18:57

Thanks for this Grant. I thought it was cool to see all of the different stands. Erwin Creed isn't as good looking as I thought as he was though :)

• zztopp | 30th March 2010 19:11

Blame it on the camera or jetlag ? :vrolijk_1:

• Un profumo affettuoso | 30th March 2010 19:17

Even spotted Patricia de Nicolai at her own stand...wow!

Thanks for filming this - even if it's not perfect, it does convey the atmosphere (in reply to Descartes' criticism).

• mira187 | 30th March 2010 20:48

This is fab... thanks Grant! I'm officially green with envy!

• Kevin Guyer | 31st March 2010 15:27

I think Erwin is just a bit more grown up than in the official Creed press release photos. His uptight, slightly intimidating body language, with crossed arms and downward glance is very serious. :happy:

The venue is very upscale, the displays, design and purple carpeting are ace. Thanks for the great over view Grant.

• Snafoo | 10th April 2010 13:03

Thanks for the walk-through, Grant! That's probably the closest I'll ever get to experiencing Esxence, so I was quite pleased to be able to see it through your eyes.

Side note: if you plan to make walk throughs a routine feature for fragrance shows, you might want to consider a camera with image stabilization such as Canon PowerShot Pro. Even as-is, though, I enjoyed the tour! Now where's my cappuccino?

• Grant (article author) | 10th April 2010 14:24

Cheers! Was using the cheapest Flip I could get my hands on. Maybe next year, we'll be using a Canon Powershot Pro ;)

• Grant (article author) | 10th April 2010 14:24