Reviews by tessera

tessera's avatar
    tessera

Marc Jacobs by Marc Jacobs

A lovely, simple, clear floral, but I have to agree with the others here: It has no depth or variety, just gardenia and honeysuckle.
    Still, it's very nice for casual wear.

26 April, 2007

Éclat d'Arpège by Lanvin

It's nice, but, yes, doesn't last at all, and it wasn't distinctive enough for me to want to wear it regularly. Maybe a nice summer day scent.

26 April, 2007

Imari by Avon

Of all my fancy and varied perfumes, this is the one that the men always compliment me on (unless I'm wearing the vanilla that smells like cookies: they go for that, too.) A soft, vanilla-y oriental on me, it's nice without being aggressive. I tend to wear it in winter around the holidays.

21st April, 2007

Brit by Burberry

I really love all the layers on this one, but it dries down to almost total vanilla on me and ends up, oddly, smelling alot like Curve Crush. Still, some nice initial layering and definitely a warm, happy scent.

14 April, 2007

Fracas by Robert Piguet

I also wanted to love Fracas, but on me it turns somehow and ends up smelling oddly like plastic flowers and mothballs. Not exactly the exuberant, floral fantasy I'd been hoping for. Oh, well, next!

31st March, 2007

Chaos by Donna Karan

Chaos on me is spikey and sharp and dries down a bit too loud. My sister, however, loves it and it's a gentle woody spice on her. Tabac Blonde is her other favorite, just for comparision purposes.

31st March, 2007

Halloween by J del Pozo

I agree with madridbatabid: "soft crisp floral fruity aquatic." Unfortunately, I also agree wtih VintageVogue. While I actually like aquatic florals, I certainly don't want to pay this kind of money for a scent that reminds me of the mall. On my skin, it becomes exactly like all the other 'cookie cutter' (thanks, VintageVogue) perfumes out there: Curve, that purple stuff from Icing (yes, I like cheap perfumes, too, sorry, ladies)and the like. With the descriptions I've been reading, I expected to find something more deeply layered and rich. This ain't it. Summer girly scent? Yup. That's the one.

24 March, 2007

Kiss Him by KISS

Maybe this needs to be on male skin to smell good. I smelled it on the sample card in the store and the sales girls agreed with me that it's sort of awful. It starts strong and nicely spicy, but fades down to what we could only describe as 'sweaty fat biker guy.' I had to hit the coffee beans to clear it out of my nose. KISS her is, contratily, okay though fairly generic.

14 March, 2007

Kiss Her by KISS

Appletini, fig leaves, red peppercorn, red poppy, black orchid, frangipani, calla lily, amber, musk, leather, mahogany are the notes advertised.

What it smells like is a slightly watery "mall" scent. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but it hasn't much character beyond that pleasant, rather generic perfume d'jour fragrance. I'd wear this if it was given to me as a gift, but would rather spend my money on a more unique, evocative classic or something equal to that.

14 March, 2007