Reviews by elgab89

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

Mysterious, dark, romantic, sexy, tart, sweet, spicy!
11th September, 2008

Rosamor by Oscar de la Renta

Sorry, There's no Amor in Rosamor!

Premier Jour by Nina Ricci

Soft, pretty, fruity, nice. I give it an Eh!

Ivoire (original) by Pierre Balmain

I loved Ivoire in the 80s. I have not smelled it for a long time, and I wonder if I still like it. I remember a very pleasant powdery green fragrance. Ayala described it so well, it just brought up the smell in my mind.

La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Very,very pleasant scent! It says: The spring has arrived! I would probably wear it in the middle of February to remind me of nature in bloom. More feminine fragrance than masculine, unless you are a very sensitive man. Unfortunately, it is very short lived, on my skin it stayed only for a couple of hours. For this reason I would not purchase it an gets a neutral rating from me.

Méchant Loup by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Why everybody that disliked this perfume expected to find just the sweet aroma of hazelnuts and honey is beyond my understanding. This is not just about an ordinary wolf, walking around the forest, to be photographed and added in the endangered species list. No, sir. This is a mischevieous one, he bites and scares little Red Riding Hoods. He is a rough one, run with the storms - this is why his fur is wet - and has a dark side. In other words, he is the attractive bad boy!

Moschino Couture! by Moschino

Not just a floral, I love the pepper tone in it. It is so unexpected and pleasant. Has a very good longevity. I loved to wear it and consider buying it again.

Poême by Lancôme

I love this perfume, maybe it was the right time in my life, I was 30 an things looked up for me. On the other hand, I always liked roses, vanilla,mimosas. Very uplifting scent.

Bois Farine by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I actually really like it! I guess it has to do with childhood memories, Nutella, comfort food, baking etc. However, on the downside, I do not think is wearable, only, maybe, as Trebor wrote, in an intimate situation (although I would rather go for my Must de Cartier) - you cannot really show up at a party, or a job interview smelling like you have just cooked a batch of cookies - and the other thing - it does not last long - maybe is just me, however after 1 hour I could not smell anything anymore.

Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès

I am not surprised at the love/hate discussions that this perfume brought up. It is a rather unusual perfume and can rise some contradictory opinions. I am on the love this perfume side. Not only because it works on my skin, but also because this represents exactly the smells of the Nile gathered in one fragrance (minus some unpleasant ones I encountered). Mango and lotus, sweet water and pungent citrus - even the heat creeping up on you. I do think is not for everybody, it is for me and I believe it is a brilliant perfume, only if, for the uniqueness of it. The only complain that I would have is the fact that it does not last long, maybe is melting away into my own chemistry.

Hugo Deep Red by Hugo Boss

I think it is a sexy fragrance, and as so well Goddess_Dreams put it - a very temperamental one! I like it, but I don't love it, it has some burnt plastic background smell that does not agree with me completely.

24, Faubourg by Hermès

This floral is not just a walk in the park, unless you are walking through Jardin du Luxembourg in your evening gown! This is ultra-elegant, grand dame, cultivated and sophisticated lady fragrance. It is my top fragrance for great nights out, or just because I want to feel special.

Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) by Hanae Mori

This one is my safe blanket! Whenever I feel down, it is snowing (I am not fond of snow), everything looks gloomy I just spray a little of HM Butterfly and things look better. I remember my mom baking, childhood friends, my sister sharing her cake slice with me... This perfume makes me smile. Big thumbs up!

Insolence Eau de Toilette by Guerlain

I actually really like it! It does bring back memories for me- somehow I associate it with summer holidays with my family, being young and happy. Maybe this is why I like it.

Organza Harvest 2005 by Givenchy

My husband bought this for me in Paris, after a nice dinner and an evening stroll on Champs Elysee, we stopped at Sephora and he grabbed it ( as Organza is his fave fragrance for me). This perfume will always evoke to me that summer evening. The fragrance it is a jasmine infused allegory of Organza. Gorgeous jasmine, unfortunately it was released as limited editions and therefore, impossible to find anymore.

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain

I am surprised that others could not identify the peony, because, to me, this is exactly it! Gorgeous summer peony in bloom smell I also layer it, like Hanna, with other fragrances.

Caline by Grès

Very pleasant and pretty floral, although I did not find it spectacular.I need spectacular!

Envy Me by Gucci

very nice floral gourmand - I got it as a present, although, I would have not purchased it myself (I found it too happy for my taste - I prefer oriental florals). I would still give it thumbs up, because, although does not suit me, I can smell the quality it.

Hei by Alfred Sung

Sorry, I am not a fan of this one, to the point that I asked my husband to get rid of this bottle. He tried to keep it at work and I would still smell it on him if he wore it. He had to let it go. For me, it had a cheap, plastic scent.

Mediterráneo by Antonio Banderas

Pleasant scent, light and casual - nothing special. I give it an Eh!

Xeryus by Givenchy

Another men fragrance that I love from Givenchy. The young rebel man that wore this in the 80's is now about 40ish and he looks sexy, elegant, powerful and refined. The fragrance evolved with him.

Pi by Givenchy

I am on the I love Pi side. As a woman, I see a man wearing this fragrance as a caring, sweet and loving individual (given the light sweetness of the fragrance), although always true to his manly nature ( and here comes the woody part of it). I do not find it so over the top sweet as many have complained here, but, I guess, you have to have a sweet tooth ( which I do) in order to be a fan.

Champs-Elysées by Guerlain

I am a fan of Guerlain perfumes. This being said, I am not a fan of Champs-Elysees. Although it starts beautifully, it does have in the end one ingredient that keeps bothering me. It feels like it is there all the time and I cannot get rid of it. It may work on somebody with a different body chemistry than mine.

Rush by Gucci

I love this fragrance. It is loud, strong, luxurious, in your face and altogether gorgeous. I think it represents perfectly Gucci's house. So explosive floral and woody. I know a lot of people hate the bottle. it is supposed to represent a videotape. And, actually, I think the color red suits this fragrance perfectly.

Cabotine by Grès

I made the mistake and smelled it from the bottle and on other people - I absolutely adored it and wanted it for myself. Unfortunately it completely clashes with my chemistry. Too bad! I still have the bottle and spray it sometimes on my pillow. It is so green and fresh. Wish I could wear it.

Very Irrésistible by Givenchy

Have you ever had Proseco sparkling wine with rose petals in it? Me neither ( mental note - try this!) however, this is how I can describe this perfume. One of the best rose fragrances I have tried so far. Nothing heavy, just light, flowing in the wind rose petals. This is one of my top choices perfumes.

Organza Indécence by Givenchy

A louder version of Organza, not bad, however, I prefer the original. Of course, this is just me.

Organza by Givenchy

Organza is the fragrance that my husband loves. This is the one he would always buy for me and ask me to wear. I also love it, so unique, so romantic and so joyous in the same time. If Amarige is Mariage, then Organza is the honeymoon. The flower and the wood, so nicely combined: honeysuckle and sandalwood. Absolute success from my point of view!

Amarige by Givenchy

This is to me a modernized version of Fracas. I love tuberoses, not everybody does, but I do. For me Amarige is one of my top perfumes. Yes, it is very loud, but spray the right amount and you will be mesmerized. I feel like I am in some magickal garden built by a Sultan for his lovely bride ( Semiramide's gardens perhaps). It is night and the crescent moon is rising over the faraway city and mosques. The spirit of the Sultan's bride is walking through the scented garden, tuberoses, jasmine and orange trees.So exotic, so enticing and mysterious.

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

What can you say about perfection? Coco Mademoiselle!