Reviews by marko3861

marko3861's avatar
    marko3861

CK Free by Calvin Klein

It's almost like Calvin Klein WANTED to show he could do mediocre/boring better then anyone else.......and he did. Congrats ckFree! You win!

28 November, 2009

Secrets D'Essences Voile d'Ambre by Yves Rocher

I agree that the craftsmanship of this Yves Rocher juice is better than most, but I have to strongly disagree that it is a "womanly" fragrance!

This is a great everyday scent for anyone who might enjoy a nice citrusy amber with a clean powdery dry down. It is quite unisex (whatever that means) and is appropriate for any occasion. There is a definite warmth that exudes from my skin when I wear this.

09 January, 2008

Brit Gold by Burberry

I recently found this at Marshall's for $20.00 and bought it on a whim. An I'm glad I did. Although it has a sharp, bitter, almost oppressive opening, the dry down (which begins almost immediately on my skin) is a wonderful sweet amber/sandalwood scent that lasts for hours.

27 October, 2007

Muschio / Musk by Santa Maria Novella

A great musk - although a tad on the "powdery" side. I find myself reaching for this scent when nothing else seems right. The dry down is really beautiful. I always get compliments when I wear this.

07 May, 2007

Gaultier² by Jean Paul Gaultier

This fragrance is a beautifully crafted contridiction of aromas......it is sweet and spicey, soothing and jarring....everything "feminine", yet surprisingly "masculine". It sometimes annoys me with its simplicity, other times, its subtle changes on my skin intoxicate my senses. I find myself gravitating tpwards this scent time and time again. Quite astonishing.

20th April, 2007

Kiehl's Original Musk by Kiehl's

This musk is senual and warm.....it goes on strong and mellows only slightly in the drydown. It smells "human", I consider Kiehl's Original Musk to be more of a skin-scent. I notice that people are more friendly when I wear it....strange, but true.

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

This is very complex. A bit strong at first, but the dry down is wonderful....earthy and sensual - and surprisingly masculine. The rose is very understated yet strong enough to balance the patchuli. Quite nice.

Pure Lavande by Azzaro

I'm not sure about this one.....although it does have a "cleanliess" to its composition, it's over-powering and slightly dated....it smells like senior prom in the early '80's.

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

A wonderful scent - fresh and medicinal at first. The dry down is mellow, remotely sweet and very sexy. Although the spicy notes remain present thoughout the fragrances' duration, their subtle manipulation with the lavender and vanilla is most astonishing. A fantastic "unisex" fragrance - clean/spicy/sweet.

12 April, 2007