Reviews

Reviews by moreda

Tubereuse 1 Capricieuse by Histoires de Parfums

hdp tuberose 1 - an iris, violet, carnation with no vulgar neon lights , shoulder pads or huge french wigs and lips. Just a shy and introvert perfume that you have to discover and rediscover from time to time.

O.. thank you Sean yang for sending me the bottle and pushed me to do this review !!!!
19th August, 2011

Antihéros by Etat Libre d'Orange

caron pour un homme in another bottle... less content , less complex, less civet and more expensive.
26th October, 2010

Arabian Nights - Pure Oud by By Kilian

i must say... it is in a way pure oud but not purely oud.
i get the barnyardish Cambodia oud in the opening.
but then it disappears and then....................... the big question mark!

where is the oud ?
was it there or am i tired not using my nose and missing the point of it being very refind ?

for me... it is not worth buying.

08th October, 2010

H.M. by Hanae Mori

it smells like Plesure!

Very easy, very simple, linear, lavender, lemon, vanilla, flowers, choclate and yet it works on my skin.
Normally i hate these combinations. But this works on me.
02nd October, 2008

L'Anarchiste by Caron

What a strange, chaotic and somehow a horrible scent !!!

It is a strange and hard to handel combination of notes.
I detect mint leaves, orangy note and sweet/sharp cloves note..... i think that this is the cobination that reminds some of us here of metal scent.

I like this scent.... it is not oriental.....but there is a folkloristic about it. The scent is refind in a way while it is build on some folkloristic simplicity in aproching herbs and spices. L'anarchiste is a intangible scent like all the other caron's for men that i know. somehow it remains almost imposible to catogorize them.

24th September, 2008

Purple Water by Asprey

this is the strongest and most concentrated cologne ever.
A concentration of more than 20%.... it contains just 70% alcohol.
this is even more concentrated than most EDT's.
20th September, 2008 (last edited: 10th August, 2009)

Noir by Christian Lacroix

There is nothing NOIR about it.
is not a bad sent at all.... but it doesn't give what it promises.

There is a fresh and bit oily opening..i would say green/orange insted of noir. the drydown remindes me of kenzo pour homme, maybe because of the cedar that satys forever on my skin. It is waterd somehow... i dont smel a concentration of the woody oils that are mentiond at its basenotes.
It is not a bad scent, but i wouldn't say great either
16th August, 2008

Gieffeffe by Gianfranco Ferré

Too floral and feminine scent for a unisex. Nice and nothing really that special.
04th August, 2008

GFF Uomo by Gianfranco Ferré

I am still suprised that ferre launched this scent!
04th August, 2008