Reviews by sagittarius

sagittarius's avatar
    sagittarius

L by Lolita Lempicka

Because I quite enjoyed Lolita Lempicka, this sounded on paper like it would be just as lovely, but as much as I've tried to like it, it isn't working. I've resorted to spraying it in my clothing & underwear drawers in an attempt to use it up, rather than having to wear it.

On me it smells like being in a sweet (candy) making factory .. just too much sickly vanilla for my liking. Although I've noticed that when sprayed on material, it dies down to a subtle & not unpleasant incense smell, so it hasn't been a total waste.

15 June, 2008

Sun Moon Stars by Lagerfeld

When I read pineapple, it almost put me off buying it, bec that's a smell that puts my teeth on edge :o) and neither am am I a big fan of fruity fragrances.
    I ordered a sample bottle anyway and have been very pleasantly surprised. It has all the attributes described by the other reviewers, blended to perfection and it's already on my favourites list.
    It reminds me somewhat of Lolita Lempicka.

12 May, 2007

Organza by Givenchy

I ordered it online after seeing all the thumbs-up given to it.
    It has just arrived and it's as scrumptious as I'd hoped, I can't stop sniffing myself ... yum yum yum. So fresh and light, not at all overpowering.
    I love it!!!

11th May, 2007

Young Sexy Lovely by Yves Saint Laurent

A wonderful flowery and slightly fruity middle notes with lingering base notes. A very feminine elegant scent. Longlasting. Not overpowering & suitable for day or night. Gorgeous bottle.

Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka

I love it .. makes me feel young & flirty .. and that's not bad thing for a 55 year old!

When I first spray it on, I always think it's way too sweet, but then it dries off to a subtle soft powdery scent that lingers for hours.

Shalimar by Guerlain

I've tried to wear it so many times, but have now given up. Hopefully a friend will tell me they like it one day & I can pass my bottle on.

I find it far to cloying and overwhelming and it's not my body chemistry, even sniffing the top of the bottle makes me want to gag.