Reviews by Dimitrios

Marbert Man by Marbert

I have the EDT the EDC and Aftershave , A superb scent nothing rough , nothing brutal or macho ( as was descibed by a prominent nose )This is a smooth classy frag , reminds me in various stages of Monsieur Rochas vintage crossed with Aramis vintage & Phileas ... so nice , i find the EDT & EDC have different facets that i enjoy .. a Masterpeice !!

Marbert Gentleman by Marbert

Solid pleasant discreet old school frag ... a leathery sweet chypre , get the vintage juice which is golden in colour & in the curved shouldered bottle , the square bottle is the reformulated release , recommended .

Nazareno Gabrielli pour Homme by Nazareno Gabrielli

I have vintage D&G & though a superb frag its not in my top 20, but !! only because i prefer other types .. Now on to NG , this is a very good quality frag that i enjoy wearing & i can say though very very similiar they do have subtle differences ..... So a tip !! forget the reformulated crap there selling as D&G nowadays & get yourself a bottle of NG you will be suprised & happy !! ... Note (( i have not tried the reformulated D&G but no need to we have enough dissapointed reviews ))

J Casanova pour Homme by J Casanova

** This is nothing like Cacharel Pour L'Homme **
During the past decade , I have collected about 6 miniatures & a little over a year ago I finally purchased a large bottle . It is unique & a top quality frag & I can recommend this as a blind buy ,, I agree with PC's review 100% .
** Sorry David but your bottle may have turned ! **
26th October, 2015

Zegna by Ermenegildo Zegna

A masterpiece in my book ..... 9/10
Deserves lots more praise .....
Perhaps bcoz it has gone unoticed & not been analysed & escribed in reviews by the big wigs ? ......
Has more going on than 4 modern designer releases all rolled into one .....
Unique , well blended & balanced throughout its development ....
** Dimitrios's Tip **
pull trigger on site
23rd April, 2015

Ferrari Uomo by Ferrari

garbage , smells horrible , enough said , shame .
11th March, 2014

Un Homme by Charles Jourdan

well well well ... I really cannot add any more comments as one of Basenotes top reviewers ericrico describes it perfectly .
Im that lucky other friend & thank him for parting with a bottle .
Its a top quality frag that is worth searching for .
I don't get the Oscar Pour Lui connection , but the Azzaro PH aura in it i noticed instantly .
Its not a brute powerhouse but certainly packs sillage & above average longevity.
cheers
18th October, 2012

Marbert Homme by Marbert

If you like One Man Show , then you will like this ... Its similiar but different enough to own both & if you like numbers in your rotation or a slightly different but just as impressive aura as OMS then hunt this one down .... A big thumbs up from me .. cheers
06th February, 2012

Olympios by Missoni

Aaaa haaaaaaaa !!!
Fahrenheit Supreme without the gasoline .
Smooth , sexy & long lasting.
Basenotes needs toknow about this hidden gem .
Cheers
18th September, 2011 (last edited: 30th November, 2011)

Carlo Corinto Rouge by Carlo Corinto

pssst .... here a tip , ( forget the thums down for this gem ) ... I own a large bottle & its almost finished , this is an incredibly well blended & very aromatic scent ... the lavender is beautifully balanced with the moss & its heart is enveloped by the prominent green apple & pepper , the base is special too . Corinto's other one Silver is in the same league as this & both these flankers are top quality frags just like the original .. big thumbs up , nothing offensive here ..
12th December, 2009

Davidoff by Davidoff

Everything Shamu says .... this green juice is pure class ... 4.5/5
10th December, 2009

Bijan for Men by Bijan

Bijan , in my book is a masterpeice !! ....

Because to my nose i picture & sense it as a combination of orangey coloured citrus spices,resins & saps being smoked over a smouldering batch of exotic dried woods .

Pino Silvestre is green & Bijan is orange & if you understand this it becomes easier to appreaciate this very earth superstrong classic powerhouse .
28th November, 2009

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

Wow , If i may say Sung matches its colour , very zingy & zesty , fresh & cool , with a herby greenish heart , it wears really well in hot weather & the base is just a brilliant mix of earthy woods & oak , a winner !! i must try more from mr Alfred Sung .
Great sillage & longevity .Big thumbs up .
31st October, 2009

Pour Un Homme by Caron

A winner , this composition is the blending of the two key notes vanilla & lavender , supported , rounded , softened & enveloped by the other notes that play their part in brewing up this vintage gem , agreed it can be somewhat harsh in the opening but it smooths out fairly quickly & only gets better , a stayer with great sillage .
30th October, 2009

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

I've had this for 12 months now & worn it over half a dozen times , each & every time it has impressed me immensely .
It is indeed a classic by Guerlain & what impresses me most about it is the balance of its four main notes .
**** EDC ****
25th October, 2009

Black XS by Paco Rabanne

This should never have been marketed .... its a shame to the classic Paco Rabanne PH .
Why do i hate it ? >> because its a frag a little teeny bopper girl would want to wear . :(
11th October, 2009

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens

Well , after 4 months & about 10 full wearings im qualified to leave my long overdue review on this one ...
Its a classic !! ***** FIVE STARS *****
Rich spicy amber , incredible sillage & very very long wearing . It is the strongest frag I use .
Disregard the comments left by that moron , 4 reviews down the page , he was high on his own aura !
18th April, 2009

Vendetta pour Homme by Valentino

A superb & highly refined masculine frag .
It shares a little with Z-14 but is much more polished & better dressed .
Foetidus sums this one up perfectly .
4.5 stars from me for both longevity & sillage .
22nd March, 2009

Alain Delon / AD by Alain Delon

Another love at first sniff frag .
Super rich , complex & very masculine .
Nothing synthetic or cloying .
A little secret I will share to those lucky enough to venture this deep researching this sleeper .
This came before Santos & Caron's 3rd Man , and these two others I believe were crafted , mixed & released with the same results in mind .
They both came close first Santos , which is like a brother but is a lot weaker hence the Concentree that followed .
Then 3rd Man which was released some 5 years after AD which I regard a twin but not identical .
If you like Cartiers & Carons offerings , try & get a sample of this !
***** 4 & half STARS *****
.ps ... Is nothing like Yatagan as mentioned below .
18th August, 2008 (last edited: 30th December, 2014)

Nemo by Cacharel

I liked this very much straight from the first whiff ..
Nothing pungent or synthetic to my nose .. Reminds me of Opium PH & Varvatos ..
A super sexy frag .
*** 3.5 STARS ***
18th August, 2008

Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills

Very few frags have this effect .. but upon first sniff this was instant love ..
Giorgio is rich , complex , sensual & very masculine ,,
I will never be without a bottle ever again ,,
***** FIVE STARS ****
18th August, 2008

Maxims pour Homme by Maxims

A big thumbs up to this masterpeice !
It was love at first sniff .
I disagree completely with TV's absurd comparison to it being a combo of F Smalto & Montana ,, this is nothing of the sort .
Incredible opening & rich throughout the drydown , with a musk that just really must be worn to be appreciated
***** This is in my top five *****
24th June, 2008

Etienne Aigner by Etienne Aigner

Liquid Gold !! This fragrance is rich luxurious and why on earth it was discontinued is beyound comprehension .
15th May, 2008

Missoni Uomo by Missoni

A quality scent that unfortunately is no longer available . A big thumbs up by me .
14th May, 2008

GrigioPerla by La Perla

Thumbs up ! Its green & fresh and leaves you wanting more & more ,, I believe its longevity was its demise ,, A concentree would be most welcome ,, I use it for intimacy rather than day long projection/attention .
10th January, 2008

Derrick by Orlane

Im glad I bought this as a blind buy almost a year ago ,, Its sweetness is mild and hidden deep in its makeup of spices ,, I wear it in rotation with and find it interesting ,, 4/5
28th November, 2007

Basala / Basara by Shiseido

Another thumbs up from me !! potent , unique and definately one thats up their amongst the very best .
26th November, 2007

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

A classic and deservedly so ... Unique and very distinct ,, Strong & Long lasting .
25th November, 2007

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur by Pierre Cardin

A true classic thats worth 3x the price we are paying for it now ***** FIVE STARS ALL THE WAY *****
13th November, 2007

Alessandro Dell'Acqua Man by Alessandro Dell'Acqua

Quality all the way ,, I really appreaciate the earthy fresh scent ,, nothing artificial smelling at all ,, ***** FIVE STARS *****
29th October, 2007