Reviews by Helene1972

Helene1972's avatar
    Helene1972
    Belgium Belgium

L by Lolita Lempicka

I can imagine that this fragrance puts off a lot of people: it is VERY sweet and sugary indeed, and can be highly disturbing when sprayed on too much. This kind of fragrances are generally not my cup of tea at all, I even hate the original Lolita Lempicka, but attracted by the beautiful bottle I decided to give it a (tiny little shy) try last week... And I have to admit: it suits my skin very well!! I didn't feel nautious (which I often experience with sweet scents), I loved the fresh start notes, it lasted for a whole day and most of all it smelt really "gourmand" and sensual on me. I might even buy it! But will give it one more try first ;-) Definitely a fragrance to wear in "small doses", but delicious if it matches your skin.

Pleasures by Estée Lauder

This is definately a fragrance that should suit your skin chemistry. Works wonderfully well on me, I get a lot of compliments when wearing it, but Pleasures can smell overwhelmingly and even disturbingly flowery if it doesn't match your skin. One of my favourites!

Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel

When I first tried Coco Mademoiselle, it was love at first sight... But it seems that half of Belgium is wearing it, so it kind of put me off! I definitely want to wear it again one day though, it has become a very classy classic after all. Too bad many new fragrances smell alike... (e.g. Chérie from Dior, Prada Tendre).

Allure Eau de Toilette by Chanel

This fragrance smells afwul on my skin! I tried it at the airport just before flying, felt literally sick during the whole flight!! Sooo powdery, so heavy (although I had sprayed only once?!). I want to give it one more try with Allure Sensuelle, I've heard it's a lot softer and a bit sweeter, but the original Allure is definitely not working for me...

24, Faubourg Eau Délicate by Hermès

This is definitely one of my favourite summer fragrances! Fresh, light, yet elegant, sophisticated, sensual and not too flowery. Matches my skin wonderfully well. Which unfortunately I can't say about the original 24 Faubourg... Smells gorgeous on a friend of mine, but doesn't seem to match my skin at all. Smells like a heavy old fashioned soap on me... So I stick to Eau Délicate in the summer. Only downside: fragrance only lasts for a couple of hours, which can't be said of the original.

19 May, 2007