Reviews by taliaseki

À la Nuit by Serge Lutens

The early minutes of the scent a sour note stands so high that besides jasmin i feel like some orange flowers and some gardenia is clearly there. Later jasmine grows to be more jasmine but still acidic more than indolic.
I have some arabic jasmine growing on my porch which i admire. When it is on full bloom it has such an earthy animalistic note that my mum cannot belive jasmine is blameworty but my cat is. so i like jasmine as it is ; earthy or indolic or dirty. This jasmine is too clean for my taste. I cannot get any honey or musk. ı find nothing positive or negative about this scent. People with ambivalant feelings about jasmine should give a try.
29th April, 2012

Cuir Mauresque by Serge Lutens

well i do not where to begin. When i tried it i began to wonder what old old scent it does resemble. Cloves, a bit resinous notes and smoke, yes some leather but then rises the oldest part; sweet oakmoss. Yes mitsouko. I do not have an sample to compare but i remember so. Of course cuır mauresque is more sophisticated. But i will code it as mitsouko in leather.

well one can forgive mitsouko for being so old, overpowering, cloying because it is old. It is launched at the end of first world war. It is historic. And what is excuse of cuir mauresque?

I apreciate even older scents. I am not a modernist. It is not about age but about timbre. Think mitsouko and Champs-Elysées from Guerlaine. They are like sounds of a church organ and violin. They can be equally old but first can be funerary and second can be lively.

If we go back to cuir maresque; it is old fashioned and heavy. Not wearable to me.
28th April, 2012

Lady Million by Paco Rabanne

This one is like a best seller book; handled good enough to outshine but has no spirit.
27th April, 2012

Boxeuses by Serge Lutens

I did not like the first splash of resins but the latter developing smoky leather enticed me like it did in a dozen different serge lutens. well, there are many close scents in serge lutens and that maybe good; you can go and tell sellerthat you would like feminite du bois with less iris and she can offer you one. But well this can be boring too. any way i like that smoky leather in daim blond, amber sultan, fumerie turque etc and also boxeuses.
27th April, 2012

Bois Oriental by Serge Lutens

well if you get your nose close to the scent it is spicy with cardamom and cloves which is not much charming. But it has nice silage. It makes a vision of a sultans robe in my mind; with all these little (spicy fruity) embroideries on a (musk vanilla) velvet. Of course purple velvet robe. The powdery violet is hard to miss.
The impression of bois oriental is not close to feminite du bois in my find. They have vanilla and violet in common but the benzoin in feminite du bois gives it a very sharp face. Bois oriental is so smooth and wearable.
26th April, 2012

El Attarine by Serge Lutens

At the first moments you feel like you have entered an oriental spice shop. Or you put your nose into a curry jar. Very clear and loud spice aromas with a very dominant turmeric or curcuma note. Cumin accompanies in the following minutes. Accompany is not right, it takes the leading part. This one is a cumin fragrance I can say. In the middle the Cumin makes harmony with sweeter and powdery notes . I was able to get apricot after an hour but I am not sure if I would name it if I did not have a hint. And on the dry down the cumin becomes woody, I can say.
I do not prefer fragrances with edible notes in common. I find many spicy ones overpowering and repulsive. But cumin is something on the green side of the spices for me and I find it flattering in florals like Gucci for women. El attarine is also far from spicy fragrances in my mind but I cannot see myself wearing it. It smells unisex but I would vote it for a man.
26th April, 2012

Paris Roses des Bois by Yves Saint Laurent

A sharp rose note at the start and resembles to Paris enough to share its name. Just some more white flowers and violet and a bit of musk, it is more wearable than the original which is really overpowering.
09th April, 2012

A Scent by Issey Miyake

well i liked it. verbana and lemon is an old song but this one is a bir spicier; has some nice greens like tomato leaves or a bit green mango. I cannot get much florals here, when i push my nose yes some florals at back vocal and cannot determine them. Galbanum is not one of my favourite notes but i enjoyed these greens which are there after two hours. It is a strong and long lasting scent on me.
15th February, 2012

Violet Blonde by Tom Ford

I like that musky suede. The scents top notes are violet leaves and citrus; fresh and nice. then smooth and woody for sometime and after an hour comes the best part. I really like musky woodsy suede. I wish it was a bit stronger. It is somewhere between Dior homme and Daim blonde for me (which i admire deeply.) And maybe which admire my skin aswell. ı am planning to buy one in valentines day sales.
03rd February, 2012

Gardenia by Penhaligon's

Greens and violet and fruity notes and so many florals... It is so crowded that i cannot get much gardenia. ylang ylang and and clower provides a crispiness to the scent which is not common for a white floral and makes an opposite to the real misty gardenia scent. Not a bad scent but not a gardenia scent to my taste.
13th January, 2012

Imogen Rose by Gorilla Perfume

The top note is rose. A loud artificial rose. (Maybe better to determine as old fashioned perfumery rose because in earlier times very natural rose oil or other flower oils used to smell "like" the flower but not same and also used to have some extra and heavy character which make them smell artificial). then you got aldehydes and in a few minutes grows and ozonic note. It is very familiar to me so i have tried hard to find what it is. my mind was trying to remember all Carons i have tried because many carons share the carnation in this ozonic style. well scent developed faster than my mind and it became a twin of dear Bellodgia by Caron.
Imogen rose has a huge silliage in first hours and dries down powdery still little sharp with violet vetiver and carnations.It is a rich scent but not cup of my tea.
09th January, 2012

L'Eau de Kasaneka by Menard

I cannot get much florals here. Ginger and nutmeg and citrus. Really fresh and nice. But not artsy.
09th January, 2012

French Kiss No. 15 by Tokyo Milk

So bitter citrussy that i cannot get any flowers. In the middle starts vanilla and woods. Not enough femine for my taste.
16th December, 2011

Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain

Has a great openning like a Beethoven symphony, all of a sudden all organs playing loud fills the air. Powdery and a bit dated but really luxurious. The main flower is tuberuse with an violet iris end which gives the powdery effect. I will spare it for my fifties though.
21st September, 2010

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens

This is a very fine spicy leathery amber. It flashed me back to Fumerie Turque which is smoky ambery leather.Both beautiful have some in common which is like a sergelutens signature but i and my husband prefer Fumerie Turque which is extraordinary and unique.
27th February, 2010

Féminité du Bois by Serge Lutens

The entrance reminds me of Narcisse noir: dark and almost resinous bitter orange flowers. Then come cedar, vanilla and fruity note called to be plum. The only spice I got is cumin which leaves stage in after the first hour. The first hour of it really enchanting; sweet and misty. I even got some tuberose like flower. I thought I should buy one in place of Daim blond when I have finished the bottle. But when the top notes began to fade magic goes with them. The scent becomes powdery and warm with violets vanilla and cedar. Though still nice loses some of its glam.
Most scents loose their lovely notes and become one dominant note far in the gunshot. So in many instances the scent you have smelled on paper or wrist is not the scent you leave when you step out the room. Murphy works and silage looses generally the most enjoyable playful details. I think feminite du bois owes its reputation mostly to this far reaching lovely face. Isn’t it great that orange flower dies but plum survives in the distance?
27th February, 2010

Kohdo Wood Collection : Lotus Blossom & Water Lily by Jo Malone

I am hit with the top note of it. It reminds me the dry green tobaccos like note of Kenzo Parfum D'ete which I love but Lotus Blossom & Water Lily is more aquatic and fresh floral. I can not get distinguish the flowers in it nor the woods but I can tell you it is rich and it is really enchanting.

Vol de Nuit Évasion by Guerlain

The very first notes I get are galbanum and oakmoss. Supposed to be following florals like rose, jasmine and iris are not there, just spicy cloves like note embodied in resin. Then comes the amber woods base (maybe too early, just in half an hour) and stay there dark and gloomy. When resinous medicinal notes combine with darker notes of woods and amber reminds me of a shadowed room of an old patient; just gloomy. The only light containing note in this scent is vanilla which raises the mood to some extent. Well after all you may be surprised to hear me say that it is a good scent. This is like a big amber ring that I would not wear but can recommend to an amber loving friend.

Vétyver by Roger & Gallet

Simple and flat citrus vetiver. As bright as a welldone cheeseburger. No one will ever tell you that it is no good but do not wait for compliments when wearing it.

Chamade Eau de Parfum by Guerlain

I really envy the noses who would smell any hyacinth in it. The introduction notes mean much to me and i find hyacinth smell very inspiring. But the first note in Chamade to me is bitter painful galbanum. Thanks god it does not persist long and sweet and alluring blackcurrant vanilla takes place to show me what Chamade has its reputation for. Though not mentioned in notes I get a hint of bergamot or orange sourness at all stages. This is a special scent and would be one of my favorite winter scents with a smoother entry.

Diorella by Christian Dior

When i tried it first i wrote "It is like fireworks or a parade; many notes appear disappear the reappear and this makes the scent cheery suprising and rich. Reminds me of the new styles bohoromanticchic, goticvictorianpunk... Just joking really not so bad. joyful and bright for the first hour but then all these notes dissolve into each other and result is a dirty undefinable note which is not appealing. "
And when i have tried it today, I had a different experience. I have enjoyed the well balanced fresh openning; citrus made less citrusy with help of peaches. after sometime my made began playing tricks on me. I has illussion of almond scent several times and when i focused, i have noticed this is rose with patchuli (which is a disaster to my sense in many cases.) But today it must be one of my optimistic days and i think that soapy patchuli rose accord is bearable and maybe even tempting in some instances.
Good work i have to admit. I have to edit my rating as hands up though i would not like to wear Diorella.
09th February, 2010 (last edited: 07th February, 2012)

Serge Noire by Serge Lutens

Camphor and benzoin and pepper, burnt ashy incense and a little cinnamon. It is resinous and dirty and i should be finding it nasty but somehow top notes are challanging and appealing. Dry down is metalic. i really dont know how to feel about it. i seem to be liked it now but i know I can hate it next time.

Lotus Bleu by Roger & Gallet

So green and aquatic; a bit sparkling.... Citrus note is not loud And lotus is really fine... A nice offer for the ones seeking freshness without tea or ozone...

Aqua Allegoria Angélique Lilas by Guerlain

Fresh and green lilies (one of the best lily notes ever), spiced with a hint of pepper and orange. That spiced lily tone reminds me Spring Flower by Creed but in Spring Flower the lilly is not fresy, maybe about to decay and spicy accord is almost mentholly sharp which together makes Spring Flower drastically dramatic. Angélique Lilas is a dignified well balanced scent great for summer.

Fleur Oriental by Miller Harris

It is as spicy as a spice shop in India. I cannon not believe one would get that effect with single carnation note upon amber but that is what i smell. The middle notes are florals which are oriental in name "Turkish roses and Indian jasmine". (probably little of Damascus roses with a higher amount of mogra; all obscured and orientalised by saffron like spice. When cinnamon is added you begin to think of some apples. Any way, this scent is quite colorless ordinary and spicy i suppose...

Vivara Variazioni - Sole 149 by Emilio Pucci

Suprisingly welldone aquatic citrus. Aquatic note is not cheap and ozonic. All cirtus notes are well blended, bold loud and far from being acidic. It is not my style and i cannever think myself wearing it as i found it really masculine. But i must admit that it is a good work with high quality and fine design.

Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal

Most resines are obtained from woods but resinous notes are not woody notes. i do not enjoy resinous notes in common and even cannot bear them when they are loud. Encens Flamboyant is more woody than resinous, warm and smoky. yes definetly one of the most wearble incense scent i have tried and it is definetely masculine.

Clair de Musc by Serge Lutens

Clair de musc is clearly and mostly a musk scent. I have never smelled such bold musk since my childhood. Supposed to have some other notes but when i force myself i can hardly define some neroli, iris and sandalwood. the musc note in t is clear and loud, Some how cool and more aldehydic than being animalic. The scent is for musk lovers and not anyone else i suppose.

Armani Privé Cuir Améthyste by Giorgio Armani

The labdanum and benzoin should be at the base but the very first think in this scent is the nose blinding vicks vapour like resins. They are so strong that when i try to smell i can feel it in my eyes, my cornea burning. After fifteen minutes or more vicks weakens a bit and shows up something like leather ad some violets. after the first hour grows coriander birch and pachuli. Really hard to enjoy for me.
31st January, 2010

Armani Privé Eau de Jade by Giorgio Armani

Simple juicy lemons and simple sneezingly hot black or white peppers. When peppers gone you got only lemon. It is flat no better than many more complicated lemons like Eau des Merveilles by Hermès or Erolfa by creed or Suivez-Moi by Fragonard or any hundreds or more bergamot lemon colognes....
31st January, 2010