Reviews by virgo75

virgo75's avatar
    virgo75

Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana

Chypre? "Spicy?" This really must be a fragrance highly dependant on chemistry.

On me, the opening of Sicily reminds me of a slightly sweeter Caress Soap. On a GOOD day it dries down sweet and warm like sweet coconut scented skin by the beach. On a bad one, it end ups smelling like banana musk.

I had to give it a thumbs up even though there are times when just the thought of the heavy, thick sweetness gets to me. But when I DO wear it, I always wonder why I don't do so more often. Plus it has great sillage and lasts all day on me where my skin usually eats up fragrances.

24 April, 2008

Fracas by Robert Piguet

It's about 11am on a hot, humid day somewhere in India. There is a beautiful woman going about her business. She has already bathed that morning and is dressed in a traditional sari so her skin is clean but she's already beginning to perspire lightly from the heat. She did a deep oiling of her hair with ghee(clarified butter), put it into a long rope braid that reaches her hips, and has decorated it with some blossoms of Jasmine and Gardenia. This is *exactly* what Fracas smells like to me. ON me, it is not nearly as strong as so many comment on. Nothing is strong on me. But it is lovely, exotic, unique, and long lasting.

11th January, 2008