Reviews by lion_dancer

lion_dancer's avatar
    lion_dancer

Dirty English by Juicy Couture

This one is definitely in my top five for scents I want to smell on a guy. A good mix of classic spicy/woodsy with that wonderful, dirty *I just got done fixing my engine, give us a kiss* kick. Definitely not everyone's idea of a good time, but definitely makes me think dirty english thoughts....

14 May, 2009

Versace by Versace

My Grandmother gave me this one after it had been sitting on her dresser unopened for over a year. Its soft, serene, and unassuming. Makes me think of summer days and picnics at little white churches. Not my favorite, but definitely something I will keep for those times when its best to be memorably vague.

14 May, 2009

Angel by Thierry Mugler

I've always been put off of this scent because of its initial opening... soemthing about the citrus/alcohol mix makes me want to run screaming for the showers. However today when the perfume counter did not have the fragrance I initially went in for, I tried this. Again the first impression had me wriggling my nose and waving my arm to try to dry it down... but once it did... WOW!!!!!!!! Everything I had ever hoped to have in a perfume. The only thing that could make this scent more perfect, is if it had dry rose note somewhere in the Top. I bought the small tester bottle of it, just to make sure I don't end up scrubbing it off later... but right now I'm 2 hours in and completely in Love <3<3

I will be putting this on my wish list ( and birthday list) for sure!!

18 April, 2009

Badgley Mischka by Badgley Mischka

This scent was made to be worn with lace and pearls. Big, fat, luminescent, pearls. and a pout to match.

25 April, 2008

Woody Sandalwood by Body Shop

I find the scent of Sandalwood to be very healing. That being said, when I am having "one of those days", I will add this to whatever fragrance I choose to wear that day. It works best with the oriental-vanilla's in my collection, actually makes a common scent into something fantastic.

by its self, I am Switzerland on this... Small bottle, cute, application a pain once its half full.

Burberry London for Men by Burberry

Every year I buy a new fragrance for my Dad, last year it was this. I love this fragrance, It smells like winter to me, although I think if I smelled it on a guy I was seeing I might be repulsed. A friend of mine also bought this for her Dad ( unbeknownst to me) . So definitely a older gentleman's fragrance.

Betsey Johnson Parfum by Betsey Johnson

I have been a huge fan of Betsy's fashions for as long as I was able to understand what "fashion" was. So when I heard of her coming out with a Perfume, I was so excited! Surely Betsy would come out with something as unique, quirky, and unabashedly sensual as her clothing?.

What a disappointment! It smells like she got indecisive and threw everything in the pot. To add to that, a girl I know who was obsessed with attempting to be " classy".... loved this.

In conclusion : this fragrance is for girls who want to be classy...but are unwilling to decide who they are.

Armani Code for Women by Giorgio Armani

I wore this religiously for almost 2 years. I am decidedly a fan of oriental fragrances, however, this one is a little too "tame" for me on its own. After the first month, I went out and bought a small bottle of sandalwood fragrance to wear with this. It made all the difference! The scents together turned into this mysterious, elusive, captivating fragrance that lingered for days.

Fantasy by Britney Spears

I am not usually into smelling good enough to eat. But this one, I love! I think one of my guy friends said it best while standing between me and his then Girlfriend, while hugging me he said to his girlfriend "why can't you smell as good as her?"...

Starts off sweet and innocent with an lingering undertone of promised trouble.

Black for Her by Kenneth Cole

This was my go-to perfume for most of college. Still sweet enough to be youthful, but dark enough to not be child-like. Unfortunately I can't stand to wear it anymore, and the longevity on my skin was awful :(

Island by Michael Kors

I got this one as a gift in for hols '06. I have only worn it once or twice since then, I agree that it is definitely a "tropical, aquatic" fragrance... Too bad I am more of a "urban, snow, cold, grey skies" type of girl...

Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

This is my current "go-to" fragrance. I rarely wear anything else. I own the EDP. I found it sweeter on my skin, as it has a heavier "honey" note than then EDT. Dry down is heavenly.... its currently been almost 20 hours since I put it on this morning. It seems to have become part of my skin, as I can still sense it every time I brush my hair out of my face.

Champs-Elysées by Guerlain

This was the second fragrance I ever owned , and I wore this through most of highschool. This is a fresh, optimistic, innocent scent, and I wish it was still available! It's J.M Barrie's "Neverland" in a bottle.

Yohji by Yohji Yamamoto

half a bottle of this appeared in my drawer one day, and while the initial notes are wonderful, actually wearing it gives me a headache and the feeling that I have dowsed myself in brandy. No wonder it was anonymously left in my dresser!

Romance by Ralph Lauren

I find this scent lovely, although it does not suit my personality AT ALL! When that happens to me, I will usually by the disagreeing fragrance for my sister, so that I can smell the loveliness without the battle. Floral, Fresh, Clean, and naively sexual.

Laura Ashley No. 1 (original) by Laura Ashley

This was the first perfume I ever owned. I received this as the "big" gift in my easter basket when I was 9 or 10 from my Grandma. It fits with everything else I associate with her. English gardens, Victorian houses, antique furniture... It makes me feel like Mary from "the secret garden" I have no idea where the bottle is.. It was lovely and possibly more beautiful than the scent inside. fainted floral vines on a clear glass with golden edges and writing, and a little crystal stopper! ::sigh::

Pleasures by Estée Lauder

This was *The* fragrance of choice for most of my friends in college. My best friend told me it is a "boy-magnet"... not sure if I agree. Pretty but plain. no depth, no surprises. A safe bet.

Sexy Graffiti by Escada

Reminds me of a shaken up bottle of strawberry/cherry pop. Perfect for those care-free summer nights.

Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

This scent has been on my mother's dressing table for as long as I can remember. She no longer wears it everyday... but this is the scent that I will forever associate with her. Love!