Reviews by Deskexplorer2

Slate by Banana Republic

Very fresh smelling but also very feminine in the opening (at least to me). After 20 minutes or so it settles into more of a masculine scent which reminds me of Kenneth Cole Black with a slightly different twist. I do like it and often reach for it when I don't know what fragrance to wear. I have a lot of colognes and this one is great for those moments of indecision. Not a must have fragrance but if you can get it on the cheap, then I do recommend.

Rating out 10

28th April, 2013

Vince Camuto for Men by Vince Camuto

This fragrance smells very good and even better when worn at night. I believe it's geared for 25 and up crowd. I can't compare it to anything but if you're ever in Macy's, Lord & Taylor or Sephora test it out.
My only gripe with this fragrance is it's longevity. I was really surprised because it start off as a projection beast, but after that first hour it becomes very subtle and finally after 3 hours or so it disappears.
So I grade this fragrance a neutral. The scent is great, but the longevity is very disappointing.

Rating out 10

27th April, 2013

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

I like this fragrance. It reminds me of Eternity for Men. This fragrance seems geared towards the over 40 crowd and that's the crowd I'm in. Good stuff, but I'll admit it wasn't love a whiff, it took a couple wearings before I began to appreciate XS. Thumbs Up!
05th December, 2007

Black Leather by Avon

I brought this when it first came out because I was a huge fan of the "Black Suede" fragrance back in the day. However, Avon missed the mark on this fragrance in my honest opinion. "Black Suede" was memorable, but "Black Leather" is forgettable.
This may explain why Avon discontinued this fragrance shortly after it's release.
01st July, 2007

Tamerisk by Mary Kay

This is really a classic fragrance from Mary Kay Cosmetic Men's Line. I highly recommend a bottle of this for the mature male over 36 years of age.
21st May, 2007

Clean Men by Clean

I did not like this fragrance at first, because it didn't seem unique or memorable enough to justify it's high price. However, after giving this fragrance another try, I'm now quite impress with it's freshness. It's still too expensive and the longevity is poor unless you apply at least 4-5 sprays on your skin.

It's still the perfect morning scent!
19th May, 2007

Relax by Davidoff

This fragrance comes off as a sophisticated take on Brute by Fabrege'. Relax is a very nice and comforting fragrance for the mature gentlemen. There is a strange note that's noticeable and kinda off putting in the beginning, but after an hour or two this fragrance really begins to work it's relaxing magic! Must try if you're over 38 years of age.
11th May, 2007

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

This is a very clean scent, NOT A GO OUT CLUBBING FRAGRANCE IMO. For the best effect, use this one in the morning, before heading out, as it will have the wearer smelling shower fresh and clean. It only lasts about 2-3 hours on me.
I have brought a few fragrances blindly, just based on the reviews of fellow Basenotes members, but I must stressed that anyone who is considering on buying this fragrance should obtain a sample first.
25th April, 2006

DKNY Red Delicious by Donna Karan

This one smells identical to "Unforgivable" by Sean John which I like also. However, the staying power of "Unforgivable" is only 2-3 hours on me, unless I keep applying small amounts of it throughout the day.
I can't really speak on the staying power of DKNY Red Delicious, because I just applied it.

Bottom line, I give it a neutral rating only because it's nothing new and if you already have "Unforgivable", then there's really no reason to bother with this one.
18th April, 2006

Unforgivable by Sean John

I stated here on this very forum back in April 2006 that this was a very smooth smelling fragrance that could win an award. It was brought to my attention that "Unforgivable" has received the FIFA Award. Numbers don't lie, this fragrance is a winner, plus my wife loves to smell it on me.

09th April, 2006 (last edited: 01st July, 2007)

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy

I really like this one a lot. If you're a fan of aquatics such as; Acqua Di Gio, Bellagio, then you should give this one a try. The fragrance has a very nice smooth, warm tartness about it, but very unique IMO.
09th April, 2006

Nautica Competition (new) by Nautica

I recommend this as a good casual fragrance. Go easy when applying (especially if you're going to be indoors) as this scent will give the wearer and those around you a mild headache.
05th March, 2006

Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Good stuff! However, I will admit that the top notes (initial burst) turned me off to this fragrance immediately. Once given time to settle onto the skin, the fragrance slowly unfolds very nicely. This one also lasted a good eight hours on me.
24th February, 2006

Bellagio for Men by Fragluxe

A very light scent that's perfect for office wear and won't offend anyone's noses. To get any longevity out of this one you gotta experiment with how much to apply (4 to 5 sprays works for me).
My favorite morning fragrance that won't upset empty stomachs.
24th February, 2006

Fendi Uomo by Fendi

I will keep this review very short and to the point. This smells nasty! Another reviewer stated this will make the wearer smell like a gorilla w/ bad body ordor. I would say more like gorilla piss.... Stay away from this one!
23rd February, 2006