Reviews by Mad4WDW

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

Smells synthetic but OK.

I wear it on occasions that don't warrant something more special. For example if I've got to pop into Blockbuster for a film rental and want to smell of something rather that nothing LOL

In its defense its cheap as chips for a keg of the stuff and I'm in England where nobody has ever heard of it. So Neutral from me, there are a lot worse.....

29th July, 2009

Emporio Armani Diamonds for Men by Giorgio Armani

This to me is utterly bland,short lived,over marketed rubbish.

Very generic smelling woods that rapidly dries down to weak synthetic smelling amber. Save your money for something else.

08th December, 2008

Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne

This just didn't last very long on me thats my main problem with it.

Its also a bit boring which doesn't help, starts with a citrus thats very short lived then goes straight to a woodsy drydown thats a bit Vera Wang. I have a full bottle of the signature mens scent which to me is way more original and lasted longer.

Sorry but it has to be the thumbs down for expensive blandness

Greg
02nd November, 2008 (last edited: 10th December, 2008)

Black Aoud by Montale

Wow, this is fantastic. Starts of with a very loud medicinal aoud note then as the aoud fades slightly the rose comes forward in the mix. Its a very earthy rose that is,well,perfect. As it dries down I can smell the patchouli more. This lasts a whole day on me, in fact I could still smell it on a shirt that had been in the washing basket for 3 days. This really is an unusual and beautiful fragrance.

27th September, 2008

Aoud Lime by Montale

This is another unusual fragrance, I can't put my finger on it. It has a lime note but its not lime its like a chainsaw swinging,inbred,bastard son of a lime. Very pungent smelling when first applied but settles down after the first 30 minutes. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying as a negative criticism I give this five stars, I really like it. You should try it, make a statement, life's too short to sit on the sideline. If you wear this you will get noticed :-)

Greg

PS- Try black aoud too, another winner from the house
27th September, 2008

Versace pour Homme by Versace

This one is nice. Yes it is similar to others in the same genre but where AdG and the like are the spotty youths this is more of a gentleman. Its a very civilised citrus/floral, nice staying power and sillage. Much more refined than some of the crass aquatic scents on the market. I recently added a couple of Pennaligons to my collection, this Versace somehow has the same kind of feel to it. Simple and refined and that makes a change.

25th August, 2008

Lime, Basil & Mandarin by Jo Malone

Opens with a strong Lime then it moves to a herby, grassy aroma. I really like it, its a nice one for the summer. Smells very natural to me.

I've had compliments while I've been wearing it which I haven't had for others I wear that get rave reviews here.Don't write it off before you try it I'd say.

It also layers nicely with another Jo Malone I have in my collection, Pomegranate Noir, another good one from this house.

Above average sillage and longevity for a cologne.
06th July, 2008

Beau Gosse by Fragonard

Another great scent from Fragonard. I got a 600ml aluminium flask for 50 Euro!! Bargain!! Don't be fooled by the cheap prices, this is not cheap smelling perfume. Top draw stuff without all the marketing costs of more famous brand names. I first discovered Fragonard on a trip tp Paris with my wife. We want into the Fragonard perfume museum for a look and ended up buying stuff for both of us in the store there. That was 15 years ago. With the benefit of google/the internet I recently found the online store and have stocked up on 5 different bottles of scent for me and 6 for my wife.

Anyway on with reviewing this one. Beau Gosse is a very fresh summer smell in my opinion.There is a definate cardamon kick to it in the top and middle notes. It has a really fresh open smell which is masculine but leans towards unisex. Very modern and clean. Top quality perfume. Big thumbs up from me, highly recommended.

I'm going to add reviews of the other Fragonard scents we own onto the site because I think this house is great value and doesn't seem to get reviewed much. Don't get thinking I work there or something,I dont!! Just trying to contribute something useful.

Best Regards

27th December, 2007

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

This is currently my favorite scent. I think I've got about 40 open bottles of stuff at the moment but this is the one I almost always go to if I'm going out somewhere nice :-) I get green tea and blackcurrant with a dry down almost the same as MI, very musky. I get more than 7 hours out of this, but I spray myself with about 12 squirts LOL You wont over do this one no matter how many sprays you wear. Thumbs up for this one, big time!
23rd December, 2007

Fuel For Life pour Homme by Diesel

I really like this one. Theres a bit of fuityness at the beginning then as it dries down it reminds me of YSL Rive Gauche for men. A nice scent that lasts about 6 hours on my skin but I can smell on my shirt still the next day. Thumbs up, but its getting very heavy TV advertising in the UK though so might become a bit commonplace.

Unforgivable Multi Platinum by Sean John

Ok lets start off by getting one thing out of the way. Unforgivable is a direct copy of Creeds Millesime Imperial.It only smell like SMW because it dries down to the same base.

They got it almost spot on with the original Unforgivable. This one to my nose is bang on. The difference is Multi Platinum starts off with a slightly more powerful citrus and sustains it for longer. This is a top quality scent to me. On my skin it last about 4-5 hours. If anyone asks me what it is should I tell them the truth?

Marc Jacobs for Men by Marc Jacobs

Smells nice but on my skin lasts no longer than 90 mins before its gone completely. I have a spritz of this one if I'm just popping out and dont need anything to carry me through the day. Shame because it is a nice scent....

Suivez-Moi by Fragonard

This is going to be a very short review. This smells exactly like JPG Le Male. Not similar, the same. Which is not a bad thing. I like this a lot.
12th October, 2007