Reviews by Petitgrain

Gold Intensive Aoud by Mancera

05th June, 2016 (last edited: 08th June, 2016)

Voyage en Arabie : Gold Intensive Aoud by Mancera

Unfortunately, it's not convinced me. Same as strong as Black Aoud by Montale with it's enormous medicinal aoud-rose combo, just in yellow color. After the heavy initial insect repellent explosion the perfume turns to an unpleasant chlorinated urine smell. I bought it blindly, and I think this is the first Mancera which i don't like. It's disgusting!!!... It's a huge disappointment I had to wash it off. It is awful on me! It's like as if i'm in a public toilet which is full packed with rotten apples and around me pervasive a chlorinated pee smell mixed with vomiting odor and some rosy toilet cleaner. Hideous, obnoxious perfume! I hate it! Never again!
06th May, 2016

Déclaration d'Un Soir by Cartier

I don't like generic fragrances. Well, Declaration d'Un Soir is not one of them. Truly unique fragrance. The initial phase is strongly reminds me of Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan, but this only takes a few minutes. Later on, this similarity is greatly reduced, but it remains quietly in the background. Dry, woody, softly hot and little bit scented soapy. Very elegant and refined luxury fragrance. This only for demanding, sophisticated men. I love it.
14th November, 2013

D&G L'Amoureux 6 by Dolce & Gabbana

Beautiful smell. Just it has a big problem, the very poor longevity. But despite it's defect, i love it.
10th February, 2012

Allure Homme Edition Blanche Eau de Toilette by Chanel

Shortly, the most beautiful Chanel what I felt once!!! His indescribable fineness is charmed prompt. I am the prisoner of this fragrance.
15th April, 2008

Opium pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

One are the worlds for a best man's fragrances! Bold, indecorous, and provocative, aristocratical basis, in brief phenomenal! The fragrance vibrates on the end of a day yet. The launch vigourous golden yellow sparkling, a sting is felt, the fragrance turns into a sweet, in which they vibrate in the future, strongly later then, they prick the fruity-spicy harmonies. Exceptional, lasting and strong fragrance, in this manner economical. OPIUM is the constant piece of my fragrance wardrobe.
18th December, 2007

Dior Homme by Christian Dior

By virtue of his character, this fragrance an UNISEX Villoresi could be a perfume even, he is something with a sonorous Italian name. For this Italian expression something it would be necessary to paraphrase concepts like that, than pl*: Opera, theatre, luxury, elegance, cleanness, make-up, gentlemanly dame…stb.
Well-known that Dior house was never famous for his restrainment, namely dresses than fragrance casewise. (Not chance that Yves Saint Lauren Dior went to a workshop, and back lo….Opium)
Well, disappointment was not caused with this fragrance.
The designer of the fragrance (Olivier Polge) that let me say it in that manner undertook a whacking risk, believes this fragrance was intended for men definitely, there is not a back altogether exactly simply his alley the „masculin” to a line.
This fragrance was characterize already in that manner than iris intended for men but is who keeps it on a straight for a female fragrance, believes composing with noble simplicity, the fragrance of this perfume, totally identical the lipstick, or the make-up with the powdered fragrance of the content of a bag. He managed to attain the proper provocative character again according to my opinion henceforth.
Already the fragrance opening the customary fresh, citrous than generally in the case of most perfumes. In the head fragrance sage and lavender ripples, that some bergamot follows with mild jarring, that the clear amber gives only a blunt light rather colour for a first fragrance wave. The heart a fragrance opens prompt quasi, and intensifies this blunt light, lays a creamy consistence underneath, and this deep amber away starts outward to radiate with most strong intensity.
The catalyst of this strength the ambergris and iris and the masterful mixture of the cocoa, providing a most special characteristic to the heart fragrance. Quasi to feel as soon as the thick, a deep creamy chord releases the powdered shining harmonies.
The even deeper basis, which takes it prisoner, nourishes this superb harmony long the face-powder notes. The vetiver and leather, or the patchouli giving the dry character of the fragrance the perfect structure of the fragrance is kept steady.
For me yes hit fragrance, I will use it often!
02nd November, 2007